It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare catfish that looks like a cow caught by a fisherman in Oklahoma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If the bugger were an aquarium fish, he'd be saved and bred into a selective strain to create a line-bred strain of cats just like him. They would command a higher price than the ordinary colored guys.

They've done it with bristlenose cats and call them "calico."

Of course, they get too big for the household aquarium.

You are right.

The guy could have called bass pro and got thousands for it to go in their store aquarium.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I'd say it looks more like a fish than a cow

Sure the pattern is cow-like but it still looks just like a fish.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I disagree it looks like a channel cat to me. never seen a calico one before but its gotta forked tail making it either channel or blue. blues have strait anal fins. channels have rounded ones. the anal fin in this fish is rounded. thought it could be a white cat but the anal fin is rounder lobed at the rear on channels than whites and this cat looks to have that part if the anal fin resemble a channel cat more than a white cat. also the dorsal is too big for a white cat in my opinion. so forked tail. rounded anal fin....some sort of channel cat. but i dont know anything about catfishing except this...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

You're doing it wrong

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It's Cute!!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It looks like a cow that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: deadeyedick

I disagree it looks like a channel cat to me. never seen a calico one before but its gotta forked tail making it either channel or blue. blues have strait anal fins. channels have rounded ones. the anal fin in this fish is rounded. thought it could be a white cat but the anal fin is rounder lobed at the rear on channels than whites and this cat looks to have that part if the anal fin resemble a channel cat more than a white cat. also the dorsal is too big for a white cat in my opinion. so forked tail. rounded anal fin....some sort of channel cat. but i dont know anything about catfishing except this...

I think it is a blue.
If you search for black and white catfish pics there are a couple others that are definitely blues that are piebald.

I think the reason may be due to the gov. breeding programs yrs ago.

You are either single or you just like punishment.

There is no way you got away with putting the catch in the bathroom sink.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm guessing there's some manufacturing plant of some sort nearby that dumps hazardous chemicals into that river and that catfish was trying to survive?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
It's like it crossbred with a koi! haha Probably turns into a bizarre dragon though..

I agree with the above 100%

Its very possible someone let their Koi go into a river or pond and they did the dirty dance. We use to have a pond full of fish and when they spawn it looks like the WWF without refs :-)

Thanks to the OP for sharing this find.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: qwerty12345
I'm guessing there's some manufacturing plant of some sort nearby that dumps hazardous chemicals into that river and that catfish was trying to survive?

Nah, this is a naturally occurring thing in catfish albeit very rare.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Looks like a Koi fish to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

koi are in the carp family.....different to catfish I think,not sure though

top topics

<< 1   >>

join