It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Glyptodont's still living in South America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am reading some books from David Hatcher Childress, from ancient aliens, and I just read that he heard reports in South America that there are still Glyptodonts living in South America. They were prehistoric creatures that look like giant armadillos. I didn't find anything about this with the search. Admittedly my sources are quite dated, the Childress book is from 1986 and this article talked about looking for them in the 20's, but I can't find anything better with a quick search online.

So is it possible for a fairly large, ice-age creature to still be hiding in South America?

www.strangeark.com/reprints/seeking-monsters.html

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I think it's totally possible. There are no rules saying which species had to die during the big extinctions. There are well-known critters that are from that era so why not more?

Have you ever seen a picture of one of these guys? They look like a beaver and armadillo hooked up. Like some sort of "beavadillo".

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is the tip of the iceberg...

Here's more if you're interested:

Historical Accounts of Dinosaurs

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think it is very possible that there could be creatures we consider extinct living in remote areas.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
How about Crocodylinae, or the crocodile.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Rather than some kind of Ice Age megafauna, I think it more likely that there could one or two large mammals left undiscovered that are the descendants of such megafauna.

Say a mini Glyptodont that more or less looks like their giant cousins but without the size, similar to elephants v mastodons.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Very likely, If an 8 foot tall Australopithecus can be running around the Pacific Northwest I'm sure there are many strange creatures that hapless scientists have been unable to observe in the wild. Patagonia has vast an unexplored regions among some of the most remote on earth with deep forest cover. That an New Zealand would be where I would go looking for giant cryptozoological creatures.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That would be quite interesting, and way more plausible than dinosaurs still roaming the jungles of the Congo
edit on 23-10-2015 by cloudy8819 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I recall watching a television show...can't remember the network..maybe Discovery during 'Shark Week' about what they were suggesting may be video sightings of Megalodon sharks (which are also thought to have been extinct).

There are several videos via a Google search... Megalodon Shark Sighting ...sift through all the whale shark videos and there are a few that will make you go hmmm (or made me at least).

It's a big planet...that we've just barely explored...I don't think it's entirely impossible that a few species could have survived when they were thought to be extinct.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The tesselated hide of that critter is just beautiful. Imagine what it would have looked like whilst alive?

If you ever look at empty snail shells, they tend to get chalky and fade with age when living shells are pretty lustrous. The same might be said for the glipto in the link. Instead of plain tesselation, it could have been colourful and glossy too.

Of course, they're also described as being near in size and weight to a VW Beetle which would make them fairly clumsy in the hiding-from-people department.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There are stories of Mammoth from historical times, so why not?

Last Mammoth?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

Ive read that there could still be giant moa still roaming the hills in the fiordlands of the south island.......not too sure I believe it though.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I would say the oceans are where the weirdest, wildest and oldest creatures would be found.
Oceans cover most of our planet and we know so little and there are caves, tunnels, crevices and God knows what else down there.
If there are prehistoric giant beasts lurking anywhere, my bet is in the deep blue.

top topics

join