It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel - Omega level mutants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So i was a huge comic book fan when i was younger, but ive missed out on a lot of them due to "real life"
Im just starting to read them again, and i saw a term of omega level mutants and parallel universes..

The last omega level mutant i read about was Franklin Richards, who do you think is the strongest mutant in the Marvel universe/s?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

You mean for all time? Thor and his hammer. Who can defeat Gods son? Or maybe Superman, no wait… the Hulk, except when he's human.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Apocalypse or dark phoenix would be my best guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The last omega level mutant i read about was Franklin Richards, who do you think is the strongest mutant in the Marvel universe/s?

If Franklin could fully access all his power he would easily be the strongest. When Franklin first appeared he had the power to warp reality into whatever he wanted. He could beat Thor, Hulk and Superman all at once with just a snap of his fingers.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You mean for all time? Thor and his hammer. Who can defeat Gods son? Or maybe Superman, no wait… the Hulk, except when he's human.

a reply to: intrptr

I came across a Matthew Malloy character who was non controllable paranoid.. It seéms his powers are triggered by instincts, dual personality almost like dark phoenix, but actually just the dark phoenix..
who xavier tried to save..

Matthew Malloy is an Omega Level Mutant[6][7] with "Omega Level Power" and even stated to be "more than an Omega Level Mutant" by Dr. McCoy.[8] Charles Xavier himself called Malloy "the largest mutant power source Cerebro had ever registered".[9] He was also classified as an Omega Threat by Director Maria Hill.[8] He was compared by Cyclops to Apocalypse, Phoenix, Onslaught, Franklin Richards, Madelyne Pryor, Legion, Magneto, the Scarlet Witch and himself as the Dark Phoenix.[7] Both Exodus and Headlok were both nearly killed by his overwhelming power when they tried to access his mind.[8]

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

The phoenix force was a cosmic entity not really a mutant. Jean Grey was just a telepathic/telekinetic.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You won't get a more powerful mutant than Franklin, basically whatever he wants to think becomes reality but Scarlett witch is also up there with the same ability to warp reality to anything she wants ala the House of M storyline. The only reason she wouldn't be as powerful is she can't keep her powers in check. There is quite a few omega level mutants all with their own unique abilities but as for the most powerful nobody is touching those two up there.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Totally forgot about Matthew Malloy, I only read that too recently
yeah he would probably be top dog.
edit on 21-10-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Seems everyone had a huge interest in him, and everyone ended up dead.. Looks like as soon as his life is in danger his or you press him into a corner his Instincts takes over instantly and releases a monster, his character is kinda like the old hulk.. Please leave me alone type of guy, but he isnt confined within this universe?
Its to much sci-fi fantasy so they lost me halfway

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I know what you mean. I thought they kinda went ott with the guy, he could do practically anything. But as for him being around after secret wars who knows, might never see his name pop up again! God knows what's going to happen when marvel reboots, the might just introduce another more powerful mutant. You been reading secret wars?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Geez, I'm so out of touch with current comics.

In the old days they pit these superheroes against one another. The had Hulk and Thor battle it out.

Do they still do that? Wheres that issue online?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

In the old days they pit these superheroes against one another. The had Hulk and Thor battle it out.

You might be surprised to hear there is a new Thor these days, a female thor....

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I think he might come back, as a supernatural being, God? Devil? And collapse every universe around until it's one left and probably will be a guardian over it, as for teaming or trying to use him will just end very badly I think.. I think he can't relate to humans, see them as strange.. When is the reboot?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

You might be surprised to hear there is a new Thor these days, a female thor….

The daughter of God?

Signs and wonders…

Personally, the most powerful superheroes are the ones that are superhero all the time. Superman pretends to be human, but he's always invincible. Iron man is human, he has to don a suit.

So Thor is always immortal, Hulk is human, spiderman is human, batman is human…

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

I think he might come back, as a supernatural being, God? Devil? And collapse every universe around until it's one left and probably will be a guardian over it, as for teaming or trying to use him will just end very badly I think.. I think he can't relate to humans, see them as strange.. When is the reboot?

www.inverse.com...

A lot of the reboot is explained there, quite a lot going on, it will be happening soon but as far as I know there might not be any new X-Men till early 2016....

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

You might be surprised to hear there is a new Thor these days, a female thor….

The daughter of God?

Signs and wonders…

Personally, the most powerful superheroes are the ones that are superhero all the time. Superman pretends to be human, but he's always invincible. Iron man is human, he has to don a suit.

So Thor is always immortal, Hulk is human, spiderman is human, batman is human…

No not daughter, Jane foster, original thors squeeze. The most powerful in the comics aren't even superheroes, theyd be cosmic entities like the beyonder(s), Galactus, thanos ( with infinity gauntlet) etc

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

A kinda figured "end of time" parabell, Gregorian 2016.. Didnt know that included the Marvel Universe

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Definitely Franklin Richards who is practically a god and has been stated to be the 2nd most powerful being in the marvel universe. Maybe second place goes to Legion AKA David Haller. That is when he isn't catatonic and has control of his limitless powers. Elixir a more recent Omega level has/had a lot of potential as well although limited to organic matter.

While not an Omega level mutant a subject that has only ever been hinted at and never really given much thought to is the fact that Cannonball is supposed to be immortal(an eternal). I wish they explored that aspect more.

I still keep up from time to time but superhero stories tend to have this inflation issue where the heroes/villains become so powerful that the story loses logic and eventually they have to collapse from within or change etc . Like Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.
edit on 21-10-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

What I understood by the malloy character, he isn't confined within the marvel universe

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

A kinda figured "end of time" parabell, Gregorian 2016.. Didnt know that included the Marvel Universe

Yeah they are pretty much giving the entire marvel u a haul over but the old stories will still somehow be canon!? Don't ask me how, only time will tell. The thing that really sucks is the break they are giving to the X-Men, they won't hit the shelves till sometime next year and the fantastic 4 are no more either...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join