It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is marihuana still illegal in the U.S.?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IllumimasontruthAlthough, now, with the unsuspected turn of national politics, all of these observations may be moot. It will be very interesting to see how the new administration will treat the marijuana issue and the battle between states rights and national law. A few months ago I would have thought that legalization would surely if slowly over the course of a few years come to be, yet now I don't know. I think he needs to be challenged on this issue. Now.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: IllumimasontruthAlthough, now, with the unsuspected turn of national politics, all of these observations may be moot. It will be very interesting to see how the new administration will treat the marijuana issue and the battle between states rights and national law. A few months ago I would have thought that legalization would surely if slowly over the course of a few years come to be, yet now I don't know. I think he needs to be challenged on this issue. Now.

I agree. His stance seemed tough in the past, and his cabinet isn't looking friendly here.
By the way Sir, I share your last name with the same spelling.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Why is marihuana still illegal in the U.S.?

Because enough people make money on its illegal status.

And not enough people care about changing that fact.

Simply as that. Untill you change one of those facts it will remain illegal. Unfortunately I don't see ether one of them changing any time soon.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IllumimasontruthIt will be interesting to follow the national policies in regards states rights, that is those states that are going ahead with legalization , both medically and recreationally. I wonder how strong Trumps conservative supporters stick with him if his administration tries to stuff legalization back in the box. Have you noticed the correlation between states that voted for Trump and states that have legalized? If Trump is as vindictive as so many say, including his supporters, it that might not make those states the prime battleground.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: IllumimasontruthIt will be interesting to follow the national policies in regards states rights, that is those states that are going ahead with legalization , both medically and recreationally. I wonder how strong Trumps conservative supporters stick with him if his administration tries to stuff legalization back in the box. Have you noticed the correlation between states that voted for Trump and states that have legalized? If Trump is as vindictive as so many say, including his supporters, it that might not make those states the prime battleground.

I had not considered that but yes I agree that will be an interesting aspect to follow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join