It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Umbrella Type UFO - Brasil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ngatikiwi
a reply to: Macenroe82

I think Ovni just means UFO in Spanish.. or am I wrong?

OVNI is the word for UFO in Portuguese and Spanish.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Has anyone located the original upload (if there is one)?

It does look legitimate and I normally have a knack for these types of videos due to my background in 3d modeling and graphic design/image manipulation. The object matches film grain, contrast and lighting well and as it goes behind the post it does so as it should, but the fact it is only available at 360p is enough to cause me to consider this as a rendered object placed within the full res video then downscaled to hide any obvious giveaways.

This isn't the 00's anymore, The Nikon P600 is capable of 1080p so until an original is found I'd take this with a pinch of salt

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I don't consider myself a skeptic, but first thought came to my mind immediately, was weather balloon. As I continued to watch my mind didn't change. I actually was disappointed and have to admit I expected something else with the title. Sigh. Sorry, I am not a denier, just am seeking something that I can say, aha! too.

You have left one of us, at least, to wonder how in the world (pun intended) you think that thing is a weather balloon? Could you please describe your knowledge of those devices and better yet, find some easily available images on the internet to better cement your into our acceptance?

Such high-flying balloons are visible in daylight due to their reflective surfaces. In sunlight they will look silvery. Against a cloudy background they may look grey or dark. Naturally they drift with the wind (although wind direction at height may not be the same as on the ground). Usually they are clearly identifiable by their small round shape, but if seen closer to the ground they may be triangular or conical. Their motions tend to be exceedingly slow.  Problems can arise when a balloon becomes caught in a thermal updraft. It may seem to change direction suddenly and dramatically.

These balloons are initially around of 6-8 feet (1.80 – 2.40 metres) in diameter, expanding to 30-35 feet (9.00-10.5 metres) at `burst’ height. ‘Burst’ height is the height at which expansion due to decreasing air pressure causes the balloon to burst. This is normally between 60,000 and 115,000 feet (18,300 – 35,000 metres). The rate of ascent of these balloons is approximately 1,200 feet (366 metres) a minute, giving a normal lifetime for each balloon of around 1-2 hours.

www.uapreporting.org...

Source Link

Technically, just grabbed one of the first google links. Weather balloons are not just balloon shaped. Was there a hurricane near this region back in June? Many balloons are often released at those times.
edit on 10 22 2015 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

Edit add: hurricane Fred wasn't developed until August, but obviously, there were quite a few tropical storms leading up to that with tropical storm Bill in the Atlantic back mid June. To me, this seems more likely.
edit on 10 22 2015 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought
It does look legitimate and I normally have a knack for these types of videos due to my background in 3d modeling and graphic design/image manipulation. The object matches film grain, contrast and lighting well and as it goes behind the post it does so as it should, but the fact it is only available at 360p is enough to cause me to consider this as a rendered object placed within the full res video then downscaled to hide any obvious giveaways.
I wouldn't rule out CGI, but i wouldn't rule out a balloon either, in fact my hypotheses is if you ever see any "UFO video" from Mexico, and guess it's a balloon or balloons you'll probably be right more than half the time.

Balloons aren't all round anymore folks. There's a UFO video of a superhero balloon that looked a little bit like the starship enterprise from a distance, where the superhero's arms looked like the ship's nacelles. Pyramid or diamond shapes are not out of the question either as seen here:

www.partycity.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Very true Arbitrageur, I think until we find the original video it could be either at this stage. If cgi is ruled out I would go balloon before jumping to a ship of some sort, but there is a great deal of cgi ufo videos being made so it's good to cross that off first

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

OVNI is the word for UFO in Portuguese and Spanish.

Obrigado Armap

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought
This isn't the 00's anymore, The Nikon P600 is capable of 1080p so until an original is found I'd take this with a pinch of salt

And that's where it always get fishy. Not only is it in a poor resolution that it shouldnt have, the video is clearly cropped and edited. There's no reason it would have trouble focusing if that was the full frame. This rings all the bells of a hoax, not a naturally filmed sequence.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
The video is from June, but posted on YT just 2 days ago.

Wrong. This footage was posted on Youtube on June 15,2015 by the actual
brazilian witness Denis Faria aka Denis da ECO. The sighting took place on
June 14, 2015.

In my opinion this is a balloon.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes it means Objeto Volador No Identificado.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
@ CynConcepts

You know weather balloons are a completely different shape and a completely different colour don't you?

Most weather balloons are either flat white or translucent...occasionally, they are green or yellow, but the overwhelming majority are white or clear.

Why would you think this was a weather balloon of all things?

OK..i can see why some might think it could be a oddly / novelty shaped hot air balloon, seeing as they're quite common these days...but a weather balloon?

Pictures of Weather Balloons
edit on 22 10 2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Yes it means Objeto Volador No Identificado.

Or, in Portuguese, as it comes from Brazil, "Objeto Voador Não Identificado".

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I remember a similar case a few years back when another spiky hot air balloon stirred up the UFO community. To me, this looks like an obvious case of yet another hot air balloon. Perhaps not the same as last time, but it sure fits as a solid explanation.

Spiky balloons in Brazil

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Igual, lo mismo. On point, not sure about the idea of a weather ballon as a reason. Ideas?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Igual, lo mismo.

It's almost the same, Portuguese and Spanish are almost the same language, but they have some differences.

On point, not sure about the idea of a weather ballon as a reason. Ideas?

Doesn't look like a weather balloon to me, weather balloons are supposed to get to high altitude and don't really look much like balloons at low altitudes.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This UFO looks like a balloon with a pyramid "hat"
edit on 24-10-2015 by Nonsense because: Explanation of acronym already done by others

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As expected this alleged UFO resulted a balloon, a curious type but finally
a balloon made in Sao Paulo Brazil. The videographer Denis Faria deceives
himself believing this was a UFO and his footage went viral deceiving many
people including some media. Case closed.

SOURCE: (Ironically the same that contributed to make this video viral.)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: free_spirit
As expected this alleged UFO resulted a balloon, a curious type but finally
a balloon made in Sao Paulo Brazil. The videographer Denis Faria deceives
himself believing this was a UFO and his footage went viral deceiving many
people including some media. Case closed.

Good detective work.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i love browsing the UFO forums. always entertainment. nice UFO
waiting for the next 'mysterious ' or 'unknown' thing to pop up!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join