It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK MOD website down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I can't seem to access the UK MOD website:

www.mod.uk

(that is the right URL btw).

Anyone else having the same trouble?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Oops seems to be OK now... Took about 3 minutes to come up though.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Down for me also. Or it takes an exceptionally long time to process incoming requests. They could be under attack, or maybe server maintenance techs just spilled their tea..

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yes on further examination it only seems to take an eternity when trying to access the home page, even just roing back to it or refreshing. However once your in there it's all normal speed, until you go back. Strange...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
they're probably gathering all the info they can about your pc before you get on the site

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It seems to be working now, albeit slowly.

Maybe some thing similar to this has happened;

Irish News, December 31, 2004

Army spy site warns of "unit's terror link"
By Barry McCaffrey

The British army is investigating a potential security blunder after it emerged that an official website used to recruit undercover agents is now controlled by a disaffected agent.

The Irish News has learned that the Intelligence Corps site has been bought by former army agent Samuel Rosenfeld, after the site's ownership was inadvertently allowed to lapse over Christmas.

The website is used as one of the main sources for recruiting soldiers and civilians to work as intelligence officers and undercover army agents.

However, potential recruits emailing the site now receive replies alleging that sub-units of the corps have been responsible for the "direction of terrorism".

Successful recruits to the Intelligence Corps are often university graduates, who are then trained at the famous Sandhurst college in England before being posted as secret agents throughout the world.

Ironically, the site warns that successful applicants will be responsible for "the security of information, personnel and equipment".

Potential recruits are advised to contact the Intelligence Corps by phoning its headquarters at Chicksands in Bedford-shire or by email.

But when the Irish News emailed the official website last night, it received the following reply:

"Dear potential recruit, thank you very much for contacting the Intelligence-corps.co.uk website.
"Firstly please be advised that the site is no longer owned or operated by the Intelligence Corps but by myself, a former intelligence agent (FRU/JSG).

"Whilst I commend you for wishing to join the Intelligence Corps, I feel it is my duty to inform you that the corps, through its sub-units, have been responsible for the murder of innocent civilians and the direction of terrorism."

The email then highlights controversial incidents involving the Force Research Unit (FRU), including the murder of Pat Finucane and the Stakeknife affair.

Read more here,

and here

zero lift

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, I know just enough pc geek stuff to get myself in trouble, so being the curious type, I opened the command prompt, and typed:

Pathping www.mod.uk

Here are some of the results.

1 132ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% po2-0.ral-bar.ja.net [146.97.35.158] 0/ 100 = 0% |
2 132ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ral-bar2.ja.net [146.97.37.42]0/ 100 = 0% |
3 136ms 45/ 100 = 45% 45/ 100 = 45% 193.62.23.238 0/ 100 = 0% |
4 135ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% webwall.dstl.gov.uk[192.5.29.11] 100/ 100 =100%

This shows that the router at 193.62.23.238 is dropping 45% of all packets received. I will let you draw your own conclusions about why it is dropping them.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
looks like the guys at london Comp uni are up to there spying again... lol

top topics

join