It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube rolls out paid subscription 'RED'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Hopefully they don't sabotage the free services that YouTube has to offer.

maybe it's time for a majority of us to get out more, talk to people face to face, read a book, listen to music, go to events, have the patience to sit quietly outside for at least a half an hour and just think!...yes, just sit back and give yourself time to think about anything....quit depending on the internet and the rest of electronic media to entertain you.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

maybe it's time for a majority of us to get out more, talk to people face to face, read a book, listen to music, go to events, have the patience to sit quietly outside for at least a half an hour and just think!...yes, just sit back and give yourself time to think about anything....quit depending on the internet and the rest of electronic media to entertain you.

hahahaha. i needed this laugh.

we are evolving into the exact opposite.
i remember when i used to go to 'the Park'

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Enjoy yourself.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

People should move to 'Vimeo' with their stuff, at least they don't push ads in their uploads or onto your page!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It won't be long until hacked versions are released that do the same thing for free.... just like Pandora one

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If you actually need a subscription to view monetized videos then Google just shoot themselves in the foot. Many of the most viewed chanteuse on YouTube are gaming related. Many of those content creators already have Twitch channels. Twitch just announced they're expanding their VOD services so they'll be more like YouTube in that regard. So why would the content creators stay with YouTube when they're pretty much not getting any money from these subscriptions? Over on Twitch they can set their own subscription fee, they see a larger cut off that money, and their viewers won't need to subscribe to view their videos.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
wait
the pay or your videos will be private bit, in that article

is that for ALL YOUTUBERS?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
PS sorry to bump this but im concerned

does this mean if you dont pay for your youtube

then ALL YOUR VIDEOS WILL BE ON PRIVATE?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
PS sorry to bump this but im concerned

does this mean if you dont pay for your youtube

then ALL YOUR VIDEOS WILL BE ON PRIVATE?

It sure sounds like it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

yes.

is it to anyone's surprise thta youtube is creating 'original' content with their most popular youtube members who are currently earning million dollar checks. Piewdepie for one has an original (youtube) TV show in the works

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: lamplighters

yes.

is it to anyone's surprise thta youtube is creating 'original' content with their most popular youtube members who are currently earning million dollar checks. Piewdepie for one has an original (youtube) TV show in the works

It's gonna be a bigger surprise to them when people stop using Youtube.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Well, something had to give. All those people making videos to profit off the ads which no one wants to see and ultimately don't generate a lot of sales. They weren't gonna just keep getting paid for nothing.

I guess we'll have to find something else to do because I'm not paying for Youtube.

ACtually Youtube changed its TOS under most creators noses recently(as of today) Now content creators will get paid for total viewing time. Until yesterday it read only red subscibers would count toward red using content creators. Essentially today screwing over Smaller content creators because they cant compete with the larger ones. It sliek wal mart killing off ma and pop stores.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well, something had to give. All those people making videos to profit off the ads which no one wants to see and ultimately don't generate a lot of sales. They weren't gonna just keep getting paid for nothing.

I guess we'll have to find something else to do because I'm not paying for Youtube.

ACtually Youtube changed its TOS under most creators noses recently(as of today) Now content creators will get paid for total viewing time. Until yesterday it read only red subscibers would count toward red using content creators. Essentially today screwing over Smaller content creators because they cant compete with the larger ones. It sliek wal mart killing off ma and pop stores.

Well, Google is either a company or a front for government intelligence agencies (or both). The fact remains that it costs A LOT of money to do what they do. They make a lot of money but video content takes up vast quantities of storage. They can't sustain that without revenue that doesn't grow with the demands. Wherever they're getting their money from, it's safe to assume they're getting to the point to where they feel their resources are getting stretched a little thin. They clearly didn't want to get a reputation for charging people for using their services.

Many Google services have been basically free for most people for a long time. And it can be reasonably argued that this is the main thing that really put Youtube on the map in such a prominent place. Most of it has always been free to use.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Considering most users would not go to youtube if it starts charging i see this ending badly.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
it would be difficult for many of us to 'lose' our internet and youtube connections, that would put us back at least thirty years, but it could happen in some places that get put out of service because of bad weather and other factors, until then they will charge whatever the consumer agrees to pay and it isnt getting any cheaper its already too expensive for many of us

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Considering most users would not go to youtube if it starts charging i see this ending badly.

Yeah. It'll be a shame if things go that way.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well, Maybe they all fell off their ergonomic stand up chairs, next to their ergonomic stand up desks......Like I did...
When they read in the paper the other day, that Youtube star, PewDepie made 16 Million $ last year! yes 16 MILLION $$$$ for just reviewing computer games.....well, swearing and screaming anyway.....Way to go Bros!.

Anyways, Bros and Sisses, Im starting a new free internet channel....Called "MYtube"
Where you upload silly videos and get rich......

I need some crowd funding, so everyone send me as much money as you can spare, and we can get the deal rolling..Kayyy.

edit on 24-10-2015 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Actually it could be a good thing. when they lose so many people they will drop the idea an dgo back to just getting funded by ads. trick is to just make it like optional. if you dont want to see ads,become a member. also change the way the creators earn money BACK and enable a profit share of lets say...10 percent and up to 30 percent for larger youtubers. SOrt of how Strippers pay to dance and they keep anything after. Youtube has to at least get something for providing hosting.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Actually it could be a good thing. when they lose so many people they will drop the idea an dgo back to just getting funded by ads. trick is to just make it like optional. if you dont want to see ads,become a member.

Unfortunately, that brings up an interesting point. A lot of people are already not seeing the ads because of adblock extensions on their browser. If they were planning on trying to leverage people into buying "the ad free experience" they must be planning a way to defeat the ad blocker extensions. Which is fine if they want to be that pushy. But if Google can do it, the rest of the internet can do it too and we'll be seeing all the annoying ads most people have been blocking for years.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

ALl google will do is buy whitelisting for all ads it wants to display. its really simple.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join