It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Islam Unite

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

More of the same diversion from you...

If all other truth eludes you perhaps this is good food for thought for you...

Jesus spoke quite clearly on such things...

"A kingdom divided upon itself can not stand"

Islam is indeed divided it is so often openly admitted by those whom belong to it...
Think on that long and hard....

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

More of the same diversion from you...

If all other truth eludes you perhaps this is good food for thought for you...

Jesus spoke quite clearly on such things...

"A kingdom divided upon itself can not stand"

Islam is indeed divided it is so often openly admitted by those whom belong to it...
Think on that long and hard....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm thought about it.

I say Zoroastrian, Hindu, Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Plato's works and the Egyptian Religion all contain the same esoteric message. I am not divided nor am I trying to divide.

There are men who need your money to feed themselves who have divided Christianity. There are also men who need money who divided Islam. And the same can be said for other religions as well.

But I have not divided God's kigndom. There is only One God with many prophets. And every religion agrees with One Creator.

The scriptures are not divided, but many men have divided themselves from followers of the same book. Christianity is a divided kingdom as it exists today. Same with Islam and all other religions.

Who is blind?

The one who follows a divided kingdom, or the one who says there is no division because there is only One God.

You are the one following a divided kingdom not me.

Who am I trying to divide? Who have I divided myself from by believing in all the prophets?

Add - If I am trying to divide anyone from anything.

I wish to divide you from those who take your money while teaching division. I would rather your money go to the poor, the needy and the widow. The people the money belongs to.

edit on 21-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I follow God alone...
You can follow all the prophets you want, Jesus also spoke on false prophets...
Perhaps he was referring to a certain prophet more than others...
Jesus is The keeper of the keys, and because of him, I will dwell in his kingdom...The kingdom of God!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I follow God alone...
Jesus is The keeper of the keys, and because of him, I will dwell in his kingdom...The kingdom of God!

I will not be quite so harsh. We know that God has not completely withdrawn His gift of prophecy; however the test of the prophet is quite strict. Any miss at all disqualifies one as a true prophet. A lot of people on YouTube were exposed this past September.

We also know that God will pour out this gift in the latter days, so clearly there are/will be more prophets, just not quite of the same exalted state as Elijah or Elisha and the other OT prophets.

Even if there were, do you really think many if any in this modern world would listen?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I follow God alone...

I said I believe all the prophets, and I believe Jesus is the son of God, and even showed how Jesus is the way, the light and the truth of all religions. Proving that none have access to the father except through him.

I imagine I rightly dwell in his undivided kingdom.

There is only One God, One Son and many prophets.

Nothing I have said contradicts the words of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. But much of what I say attempts to unite mankind into his undivided kingdom.

The church of perpetual sin prefers division.

I prefer to follow the perfect one who dwells within me and guides me down the narrow path of obedience to God's law and the overcoming of all sin.

Jesus said sin no more, the church says this is impossible. I will believe in Jesus.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

there are to be more prophets the two witnesses for example...
there will remain those who recognize his truth that is because they love God and are blessed with the ability to do so...

the truth is many will not hear it nor accept the truths they will spread...
For many have been well conditioned to deny God himself because of the lies of and the evil that men do...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My thought is, why would any rational individual in this world, think that two extremist religions joining together would be a good idea?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

there are to be more prophets the two witnesses for example...
there will remain those who recognize his truth that is because they love God and are blessed with the ability to do so...

the truth is many will not hear it nor accept the truths they will spread...
For many have been well conditioned to deny God himself because of the lies of and the evil that men do...

You are repeating what you heard a church.

Why are there over 30,000 denominations of Christianity? Because each denomination was founded by a man who told his followers that he was the only one that knew the truth, and to be saved they had to follow his understanding.

Each denomination was created by a man claiming to be the elect. Each denomination was created by a man who further divided Christianity.

The book of Revelation says there will be 144,000 who are the first fruits, but the are followed by a multitude who wash themselves in the blood of Christ at the tribulation.

Revelation 7
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

A multitude from every nation, tribe, people and language, that no one could count.

Sounds like most of the world will be saved by the One God and One Son who is the Light to all prophecies and prophets.

The elect do not elect themselves, they are elected by God. And they do not cause division.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

To lie is a sin, to lie to yourself is delusional...

"Go and sin no more"
When he said that do you think he believed this person would never sin again? Or is it more likely that he is telling them to try not to sin?

And do you actually believe yourself to be free from sin or that you will never sin again?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So yeah, we have different sects of Christianity arguing among themselves, this gives me a great sense of confidence. Before you place your selves before the public as being superior, get your own house in line.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I do not doubt that those of many diff faith systems will be saved by The blood of Christ...
So tell me why others must bow to the faith of Islam or have their heads removed...
This very act is spoken of in revelations...
Coincidence? I don't think so...
edit on 21-10-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

To lie is a sin, to lie to yourself is delusional...

"Go and sin no more"
When he said that do you think he believed this person would never sin again? Or is it more likely that he is telling them to try not to sin?

And do you actually believe yourself to be free from sin or that you will never sin again?

I believe it is possible to follow the 10 commandments perfectly. And I believe it is possible to eliminate all willfull sin from ones life.

Hebrew 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

Psalm 19:13 helpful votes
Keep your servant also from willful sins, may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

In both the OT and NT the bible says to kick willful sinners out of church.

Numbers 15:27-31
“If one person sins unintentionally, he shall offer a female goat a year old for a sin offering. And the priest shall make atonement before the Lord for the person who makes a mistake, when he sins unintentionally, to make atonement for him, and he shall be forgiven. You shall have one law for him who does anything unintentionally, for him who is native among the people of Israel and for the stranger who sojourns among them. But the person who does anything with a high hand, whether he is native or a sojourner, reviles the Lord, and that person shall be cut off from among his people. Because he has despised the word of the Lord and has broken his commandment, that person shall be utterly cut off; his iniquity shall be on him.”

1 Corinthians 5
5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

We are born ignorant, we are not born in a state where it is impossible to overcome sin.

1 John 1
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Because we are born ignorant all sin as youths. Because Adam and Eve disobeyed in the garden the voice of sin will remain with us. We will never be without the voice of sin, but we can learn to stop listening to the voice of sin/satan as we mature.

We overcome sin by walking in the Light of our savior Jesus Christ who is the Light of salvation.

1 John 1
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Sin no more means stop listening to the voice of sin/satan. We may in our ignorance make a mistake but if we do our Lord knows it was out of ignorance and not willful disobedience so he forgives us.

Is it possible to reach the goal and overcome the sinful voice?

Paul in Philippians 3 says

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

But later in 2nd Timothy 4:7 he says he finished the race.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

If a wise old man takes a vow of silence or has completely subdued his tongue what sin could he possibly comment? He may still have sinful thoughts, because we are told no one is without sin, but he surely no longer commits sin.

I am not wise and old nor can I claim to have finished the race. But I can see the finish line. Only God knows when I will reach it. But each day I make progress towards it.

So yes I do believe that we can overcome the voice of sin in our lives and follow the Son of God who lives in us and become "Like Christ", one who always obeys the father.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well I wish you luck in your endeavour, I know you will fail to never sin again while knowing you are indeed doing so...
That's ok too, and I'm no better...

However we can still be guilty of sin without even knowing it...

Only certain sins require absolute knowledge of doing so and an absolute acceptance of said results for doing so...

yet to comit a sin while afraid leaves you free from actually being guilty of it...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Georg90

both believe in Jesus and the Virgin Birth

you lack comprehension man. Islam does not recognize Jesus as God's son, which is the foundation of christian faith. That thing can never be reconciled. Islam does not "believe" in Jesus...it considers him a prophet...which is a far cry from man god.

You understand that this is not debatable in christianity.

I posted a quote from a non biased Quran interpretation that claims Jesus is the Son,,elsewhere in this thread. And there are no verses in the Quran where it says Jesus is not the son.

The only place you find that is in the Hadith, and in (parentheses), which are words added to the Quran in various English interpretations.

please point to the words from Quran where it recognizes Jesus as God incarnate, son of The God. Not son of Mary...son of God.

thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I dont get why some people here pretend to be stupid.

Denying Jesus was crucified or denying he is the Son of God...is directly denying the very foundation of christian faith. It's not about semantics...it's about the FOUNDATION...you understand foundation ? you know...like legs on which something stands. Removing the foundation...means crushing it.

No...it is not reconcilable. No it's not semantics. It's like me saying something is black...and somebody else saying it's white...and then you come along and say both are the same but it's just semantics and interpretation. It isn't.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This is pure speculation on my part, but,

I suspect that as Islam takes it's place as a more powerful religion,

Pushing out Christianity, the way Christianity did to Paganism,

There will be some "mixing" in order to facilitate assimilation.

"Christmas" may take on a different representation, but keep the same date and some rituals, for example.

This is the way it is done.

With time, and centuries of seeing the word "Christian" to be used to designate evil (as was done to "pagan"),
People will forget entirely that some of their religious rituals actually once had their source in Christianity.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The word 'love' appears more than 300 times in the Bible while the Koran doesn't mention the word love even once. This is a fundamental difference in those two religions which makes them incompatible.

Oh really? So what is this? That's a simple search for the word "love", which shows 112 different instances of "love"spread across 6 different translations (it searches all of the translations at once).

And here's a simple search for the word "adore", which occurs 113 times across those same translations. Right here...

And here's a search for the word "cherish", which occurs 39 times. Did you even try to fact check your false info?

People are so gullible & willfully ignorant that it's maddening. All it would've taken is for you to do a simple 5 second search to find out your info was wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

both believe in Jesus and the Virgin Birth

you lack comprehension man. Islam does not recognize Jesus as God's son, which is the foundation of christian faith. That thing can never be reconciled. Islam does not "believe" in Jesus...it considers him a prophet...which is a far cry from man god.

You understand that this is not debatable in christianity.

I posted a quote from a non biased Quran interpretation that claims Jesus is the Son,,elsewhere in this thread. And there are no verses in the Quran where it says Jesus is not the son.

The only place you find that is in the Hadith, and in (parentheses), which are words added to the Quran in various English interpretations.

Whoa whoa whoa, that's not true at all. Here are 5 verses directly from the Qur'an that bluntly say either God never took on a son or that God has no son. And there's a section on the left of each page that allows you to see 6 different translations too. If anything, your translation is the biased one because God having an "offspring" is simply not a part of Islam.

1. Surat Al-'Isrā' (The Night Journey), 17:111
legacy.quran.com...

2. Surat Maryam (Mary), 19:35
legacy.quran.com...

3. Surat Maryam (Mary), 19:92
legacy.quran.com...

4. Surat Al-Mu'minūn (The Believers), 23:91
legacy.quran.com...

5. Surat Al-Jinn (The Jinn), 72:3
legacy.quran.com...

And even Surat Al-'Ikhlāş (The Sincerity) directly says God neither begets nor was He begotten in its 3rd line (112:3). And Ikhlāş is one of the very first Surahs/Surats that people learn! How can God have offspring when the Qur'an directly states that He doesn't beget?
legacy.quran.com...

The Prophet Jesus is one of the two Prophets I respect the most, along with the Prophet Adam. But there's no way I'll accept that he's God's "son". I respect him as a great Prophet, but nothing more. Christianity & Islam don't have to agree on that, just as Judaism & Christianity don't have to agree on whether the Prophet Jesus was a false prophet or the messiah.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Another amazingly ignorant post. I mean really...if you actually understood either just a little....!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

originally posted by: Metallicus
The word 'love' appears more than 300 times in the Bible while the Koran doesn't mention the word love even once. This is a fundamental difference in those two religions which makes them incompatible.

Hahahahhahahaha....so since you were playing the numbers game, I did a little digging around.

As others have mentioned in this thread already, searching for the word for "love" in the Quran gets loads of results. Searching in the arabic, including all its variants (love, loved, loving, etc., (variants of the triconsonant h-b-b, which refers to love), and I get 80 results.

There are 77439 words in the Quran. If only 80 of them are related to "love", that means that just over a 10th of a percentage (i.e. 0.1%) of the Quran is "love". That's horrible!

But wait! The Bible has 789,650 words, according to wolfram alpha. If we take your claim that "the word love appears in the Bible more than 300 times" to mean it appears 400 times (probably a gross overestimation, and I've not checked the validity of the 300+ claim anyhow, but lets go with it), that means that the Bible contains only 0.05% love, HALF OF THAT IN THE QURAN. So in proportion, the Quran contains TWICE AS MUCH LOVE as the Bible.

The more you know, ey?

edit on 22-10-2015 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join