It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS fighters cut off beards, tucks tail and runs as Russia and Iran close in?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I'm very surprised at people's willingness to blindly accept Russian propaganda on this forum. It makes one wonder.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

But what strikes me is all the fighting with sticks and stones among themselves. Oh, why couldn't we have just left them alone with their sticks and stones? What a horrible mistake to arm them, and we are still doing it.

If they still had only their sticks and stones and we'd left them alone, they would still be at home.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ditches Beard, Boards Bus.

The next chapter.

Here, have my tax money.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Likely blending in with the "refugees" now flooding gullible European nations; where, once infiltrated, they will continue waging their barbarism.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is the typical anti ISIS propaganda. It does not play well in the West because it is a little to heavy handed but, it does give a good laugh to those in the region. Last time they were dressing up as women and running. Of course it is all wishful thinking. ISIS do not run and hide. Dying for the cause is the reason they join. You want ISIS out of some place you have to root them out inch by inch. They only time I have ever seen them leave a place is when they pull out so the round up and hit the enemy some place else. ISIS is not a enemy the will surrender or give up. You have to kill them. And that is something that is going to take a very long time. I swear the Russian have had ISIS defeated about 4 times now in 2 weeks except ISIS does not seem to have noticed.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If they are a fleeing woman they get the hand check.
If they've a stuffed bra and a hoo-hoo dilly they get a bullet. No questions asked.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Stinks of propaganda.

Out of context pictures.
Reinforcing the thought that ISIS are cowards.
A mention of Russia's might.
Etc etc

Don't believe the hype.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hm, one of the wrappers is from a russian made Astra razor blade.

Readily available in Turkey, a Nato country....

ah.... the irony

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

And..

I am glad to see you are not jumping on the praise Russia band wagon,as many of your wide eyed U.K countrymen who in other contexts then politics regarding the Middle East, I enjoy talking to and bantering with. It's good to see you are not falling victim to a Russian propaganda machine that we all know is powerful in its own right,but also mostly always full of #.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: and14263

And..

I am glad to see you are not jumping on the praise Russia band wagon,as many of your wide eyed U.K countrymen who in other contexts then politics regarding the Middle East, I enjoy talking to and bantering with. It's good to see you are not falling victim to a Russian propaganda machine that we all know is powerful in its own right,but also mostly always full of #.

The war to end all wars. Christianity versus Atheism, NATO vs Russia, Democracy vs Communism.

Imagine for a second Russia was usurped after the fall of the Csar and everyone including Stalin were puppets. Also explains Stalins "cleansing" of the military and government. Fast forward to today. What has changed? How is it that everyone is playing their respective roles?

U.S. Has been usurped.
Russia has been usurped.
Control mechanisms are in place.
Drones flying high.
International body of governance exists.
International free trade?

What's left?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

What exactly are you saying here? The number of Russian sorties over ISIS areas and the bombing of their infrastructure are totally false propaganda - Russia is just booming sand dunes, exactly what? Assad certainly wouldn't have visited Putin were the major part of the threat to his government still operative.

We see on the tv huge numbers of Arab men far outnumbering families and other cultures within the refugee columns fleeing the area. Are you seriously saying that many of these are not ex ISIS.

Also the irate talk from Americans is about being out-manoeuvred by the Russian efforts and success. Were you right, surely we would only be hearing about Russia mistakes were it all propaganda. Another little oddity but illuminating is that suddenly Oinky cameron is wanting to up his efforts - with his budget and uncooperative parliament for this policy - he would't have made this threat if he knew he had to actually do it - the guy is a better ballerina turning pirouettes than a politician.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

The primary source for this story comes from the Zero Hedge website which as I understand is quite unreliable. As for the photos themselves, well it could be dog hair for all we know. The story buys into the collective thought that ISIL will soon be defeated. And while I agree that they are mental unbalanced cowards the situation is far from over.

True, but never underestimate the power of public perception!

ISIL itself has relied heavily on a well defined and well coordinated public relations campaign to gather support. Until recently THEIR view on the state of all things ISIL ruled the social media. Now, not so much.

So, yeah, it might be phony pictures and a phony statement, but nonetheless this and all the likes of it signals a change of power.

You know what they say about Russia: you don not want to invade at winter, and you do not want to take on their propaganda machine .. even in the Arab spring.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I regard the Russian propaganda with as much suspicion and dismay as I regard the UK and US propaganda. None of it is unbiased and all of it is ridden with agenda.

The advantage on the Russian's side is the fact that many of the UK populace have given up on Western politics (see Russel Brand) and the associated daily meaningless rhetoric - meaning when Russia steps in some see it as a light at the end of the tunnel. Especially as Putin supports Assad who many believe is misrepresented by the Western media - therefore not only are Russia a light at the end of a tunnel but they are also reinforcing/confirming conspiracy theories... A double whammy.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

If this is true then its brilliant but on the other hand, they can now blend in with the locals and 'Refugee's' and even try claiming asylum in other Country's.

I wonder why it only took the Russians a few weeks to sort it out while the rest of NATO and the USA were taking Months?? Does this show our Incompetence or is there more to it?
edit on CDTThu, 22 Oct 2015 06:13:15 -05000000003106x115x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding Text

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Source not credible I'm afraid. Don't believe it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
they see hundreds of thousands of young, fit, men parading through Europe without any official checks being carried out and without knowing who they are or where they have come from!!

A thought occurred to me this morning. What if the opposite is true?

edit on 22-10-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You want a Muslims take on it ?

Here I'll give you one.

I think it's all made up hogwash.

You have to understand the mindset of these ISIS members . they're khuaraij ideology won't allow them to tuck tail and run. They go there to fight and DIE. They want nothing more then to die a Shaheed( whiteness)

According to Islam and the Quran if one dies in battle they have an automatic ticket to jannah (parasise).

So in essence running away won't give them what they went there seeking ,that of course being ,martyrdom.

Not to mention shaving the beard is HARAM (sinful)
Accodring to their ideology.

Who knows why that hair was there , From my experience in the study of the Mujhadeen (holy warriors) in Chechnya and dagastan. They would only shave they're beards if they had and injury that needed attention that would require them to come out of the find the nearest medical facility and blend in.

So IMO if this is true they're is a differing reason as to why they have shaven. .

Kap
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Maybe the adhesive glue had a short shelf life and the beards just fell off.

:/

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

With that in mind perhaps this propaganda is designed as an 'up yours' to ISIS? Advertising them as 'cowards'....

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Similar article from a different source.

ISIS Jihadis Shave Beards and Cross-dress to Flee to West

To me zerohedge is more reliable that all mainstream media btw.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join