It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Persecuted by Muslims Even in the West

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't even understand why muslims coming from Syria and Iraq would want to come to Europe which is predominantly Christian. Surely you would want to go to a muslim country out of choice? If I had to leave the UK because I was under threat I would travel to the safest Christian country, it wouldn't even enter my head to go to a muslim country!

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I thought that God, since both believe in God,
doesn't intervene and "fix" the situation.

Oh, I see. God won't protect persecuted Christians who trusted his word, when he promised to answer prayer, because "God doesn't take sides".

Okay.....

LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

God has no empathy. He is a psychopath.

If anyone is persecuting others, Christian or otherwise, it's God.

edit on 10-21-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Huh? This is news to me and im not even religious

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
I don't even understand why muslims coming from Syria and Iraq would want to come to Europe which is predominantly Christian. Surely you would want to go to a muslim country out of choice? If I had to leave the UK because I was under threat I would travel to the safest Christian country, it wouldn't even enter my head to go to a muslim country!

Maybe its because most Muslims don't have any problems with Christians and vice versa...Not to mention other factors such as better living standards and prospects...

Still, the fact remains that there are over 10 million Syrian refugees seeking shelter in Lebanon and Turkey right now, not including other regional countries. The vast majority are remaining in the region.
edit on 22-10-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
To address the topic of the thread, people are persecuted all the time. It's a fact of life which comes with sectarian problems.

Some Christians are being persecuted by extreme Muslims, just as some Muslims are persecuted by extreme Christians.

Just as hate crimes have been committed against Christians in Western countries, the same has been done to Muslims.

Just as extreme Muslims have murdered minorities in the Middle-East and Africa, radical Christians have done the same. Not many Christians acknowledge the fact that there are Christians running around today, in the 21st century slaughtering Muslims and burning people at the stake.

A lot of the time, religion isn't even at fault. It's naive to cast a net over Islam or Christianity and blame adherents for atrocities committed in the religion's name. One will find that most atrocities stem from political disagreements or societal problems. Religiously, Islam and Christianity are relatives, and it does no one good to blame the other.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Ok, I will go with your assumption that it only would happen with any two religions.

Read what I'm actually writing, and not what you want it to mean. I did not say it could "only" happen between two religions. But at the moment, that IS what we're talking about. The statement is simple. When you mix two aggressive belief systems, they are bound to clash, and the more aggressive one, or at least the one that feels they have the upper hand, will bully the other. Now if you want to broaden that to all groups that are extremist or rigid in their beliefs, fine. But that wasn't the topic of this thread.

The day may come when Christianity in the west really has something to scream about regarding persecution. But that day is not even close at this point. And honestly, I don't ever remember Jesus whining and complaining about how badly he was treated. He expected it, and told his followers to expect it. He even told them to get happy about it in the sermon on the mount. Yet all I heard when I was a Christian, and now that I'm not, is about Christian persecution. What happened to the gospel, and the good news? /rant.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join