It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians take giant step towards North American Union?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Definitely worse drivers up north....at least in the west....LMAO

Have you ever driven in Montreal?

The only place I was ever rear-ended when stopped for a right hand turn. That was on my honeymoon in 1970.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Gawd!! That was a trauma. LOL. This chick almost ran into my tractor-trailer. All she did was look back at me and laugh...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Dude, chill. That was a joke about the terrible driving in Montreal. Lanes are just a suggestion. Pedestrians come out of nowhere. Yes, I've driven across the country twice. Especially spectacular in the BC interior.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Try driving from KW to Yellowknife. I did that 3 times, both ways.

Back then, the MacKenzie Highway was rolling grades and all gravel.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I will admit most of the travels where in the day. Things seem to have changed since then. I tend to argue for Canada while in the U.S. and vice versa while in Canada....LMAO.

Very frustrating.....

Sorry, I meant that as a reply to Intrepid
edit on 21-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

IDK how many times I did the Ont to NS run. It's been upgraded but the Trans Canada through NB was hair pulling. 2 twisty lanes. No passing.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Did that NB run just a couple of years ago. Moose warning signs every couple of miles. LOL

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Cool. It actually was better when it was gravel!!

All it took was a grader and it was level, now, the seal coat finish stays rough year round with a constant shift from the freezing and thawing ground underneath.

The weather is better these days though, I'll admit.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: nwtrucker
As far as Canadians rising up in indignation to a union? To be brutally frank, That is crap. If the U.S. Constitution which is far superior to any watered down version implemented in Canada, has been completely bypassed ignored and interpreted out of any recognition of the founding fathers. If with 23 million vets that swore on oath to preserve and defend that document with over 300 million weapons in their possession, do your really think your laws will be defended any better?

Insulting and ridiculous.

If there was any inclination to revolt, be it literal or political, it would have happed decades ago. Be it Quebec, the west and the bleeding of it's taxes to the east with disproportionate power residing there, the Arcadians..

Bt "east" do you mean Ont? Or the REAL East? Did you mean "Acadians"? The ones that got screwed by Mulroney selling away our fisheries to other countries..... for the benefit of the country. Yeah, NS used to be a HAVE province but was sold away so forgive me if I don't bleed for the western provinces. Oh, and you really should listen to the Canucks here. We know what we're talking aboot. Your assumptions are WAY off.

Insulting and ridiculous?

All I can say in response is you'd have gotten the same no freaking way response in the U.S, 20-30 years ago. In perhaps the most nationalistic nation in the world. Again, if you think either wing in either country are operating for your interests and no other agenda...well...OK. All I'm saying is watch out. The future will tell one way or the other.
edit on 21-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join