It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Wall, you are from china, right ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I still know about japanese atrocities while WWII. They can be compared with the german atrocities, too...

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Pushed the New-Topic button instead of the New-reply...

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
I still know about japanese atrocities while WWII. They can be compared with the german atrocities, too...

Yes, I am from China. That is why it is a little hard for me to express what i want to say. I will say the Japanese is quite different from German. I can say that German could be "gentleman" when WWII. but the Japanese is totally animal.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Great wall is right, u know. My freidns dad was Lithiuanian, and was a child during the time the germans marched into his homeland. he said the Germans were very polite, disciplined, and were welcomed with open arms by Lithuanians. he even said the germans had to restrain many Lithuanians, who zelously attacked and killed jews outright, because the Germans felt there had to be order.

Many people who lived during that time in conquered coutnries I talked to said the germans were well beahaved and tolerated by the locals.

Not so with the Japanese. I know Filipinos and Koreans who refuse to be in the same room as a japanese person, the hatred runs so deeply.

The things the Japanese did to people in China makes anything the Germans did look like frat boy pranks.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
My freidns dad was Lithiuanian, and was a child during the time the germans marched into his homeland. he said the Germans were very polite, disciplined, and were welcomed with open arms by Lithuanians. he even said the germans had to restrain many Lithuanians, who zelously attacked and killed jews outright, because the Germans felt there had to be order.

Many people who lived during that time in conquered coutnries I talked to said the germans were well beahaved and tolerated by the locals.

"Excuse me sir, where are your jews, we intend to round them up and systematically slaughter them, now before we do that we'd like to use them to work for us in slave camps so kindly refrain from killing them before we do."

Polite is nothing, we all know their intentions

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Japanese I would say bordered on the German's treatment of the Jews. The Japanese considered the Chinese sub-human, just like the Germans considered the Jews. Of couse the Germans were more systematic about their war crimes. Both were huge tragedies, but hey, want to see pictures of me in Beijing and Hong Kong? www.geocities.com... I haven't updated this site for a very long time, so a lot of the links might not work, but the pictures should.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hey GreatWall-

What opinion do most Chinese people have of the United States?

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hear nonstop about the Holocaust. No one ever goes into the countless millions brutally tortured and experiemented on by the Japanese. No one goes into the barbaric and brutal massacres the Japanese did for amusement, nor the sexual slavery and such. The japanese slaughtered a hell of alot more people than the germans did. And they did so more gruesome like.

Yes, David, actually there were instances which the germans did behave like that. They go to the Town mayor, counciler, whatever. Ask politely to gather a register of the towns jews. Because anti semetism was very widespread in Europe at the time, many people were quite happy to do it, thinking the jews were gonna get carted off and shipped out somewhere. The germans didnt tell people they were gonna gas or massacre them. Even then, i doubt any of the Europeans would have cared. especially in Russia, given thier history of pograms and rabid anto semetism.

The Japanese were alot more open with thier brutality, the germans disguided it with good manners.

But the brutaltiy of the japanese and thier war crimes often get overlooked.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Most mainland Chinese are uneducated people that don't have any real opinion on America. Just poor people trying to live their lives in their remote provinces. The educated ones I know in America, Britain, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, and Taiwan for the most part resent America. Taiwan, of course is an exception, of course the Taiwanese love America. I have a couple of mainland buddies that are the complete opposite, though. They do not like the CCP, particullarly for limiting what they can look at online. But you asked Great Wall, not me. Just bored waiting for my ride to my poker game.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Absolutely, the Japanese war attrocities should not be swept under the rug. I can't tell you how many Chinese friends I know that have no clue as to the extent of it. Thanks to Great Wall for pointing it out.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Hey GreatWall-

What opinion do most Chinese people have of the United States?

I am not sure how most Chinese people look at United States. But most of Chinese people know the wars between Chinese army and US army. Most people in China do not like US interefaring Chinese uinification with Taiwan.
Of course, I know US government and Army do not want to see a strong and rich Unified China which you think that will threaten you.
But I do believe that many American people do not really know Chinese people. It is untelorable if any government dare to lose the Chinese land.
in 1900's, many Chinese people fought with enemy with knife, sword and sticks! Can you believe it?! Even though thousands and thousands of people were killed, but they still insisted fighting with enemy. I think this is the reason that China can survive on the Earth for 5,000 years.
Anyway, I wish there was no war between straits. I especially Wish there were no war between China and US armies. Of course, if the war did happen, I would go back to China, to fight with enemy for my country.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i agree with great wall. the germans were nothing compared to the japanese. but still you have to remember the holocaust.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
BAH! BAH! BAH!

The Japanese were no different than the Germans. Oooh, the Germans were polite and "civilized" to their victims. "Hallo, let me kill your entire family in a incinerator bitte, danke for your time." How is the methodical slaughter of millions in any way civilized? Both had their torture units, their experimentation on innocents without anaethesia. I am sure the Nazis were very polite and gentlemanly to the Jews, Catholics, Gypsys, Homosexuals, Blacks and every other person that they decided to gas/burn/shoot/cut open/[insert horrific death here].

What is the difference in how you behave before murdering something. "Germans were nothing compared to the Japanese". They were the same in terms of evilness.

And the United States has never fought an open war with China, never. And as for China fighting with swords and sticks, it was the same for Japan. They would have fought to the last man, incuring thousands if not millions of fatalities on both sides, which is why the United States dropped The Bomb.

And that brings me to the point of civilians, both sides had innocents that did not deserve to die. Japanese civilians are no more deserving of death than the people of Manchuria.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
But of course, all those germans deserved to die in the war?

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
BAH! BAH! BAH!

The Japanese were no different than the Germans. Oooh, the Germans were polite and "civilized" to their victims. "Hallo, let me kill your entire family in a incinerator bitte, danke for your time." How is the methodical slaughter of millions in any way civilized? Both had their torture units, their experimentation on innocents without anaethesia. I am sure the Nazis were very polite and gentlemanly to the Jews, Catholics, Gypsys, Homosexuals, Blacks and every other person that they decided to gas/burn/shoot/cut open/[insert horrific death here].

What is the difference in how you behave before murdering something. "Germans were nothing compared to the Japanese". They were the same in terms of evilness.

And the United States has never fought an open war with China, never. And as for China fighting with swords and sticks, it was the same for Japan. They would have fought to the last man, incuring thousands if not millions of fatalities on both sides, which is why the United States dropped The Bomb.

And that brings me to the point of civilians, both sides had innocents that did not deserve to die. Japanese civilians are no more deserving of death than the people of Manchuria.

XAOS

If I have to die, and ask me to select, I will select to die under the German Army, not Japanese!
I agree, both German and Japanese were evil, but German are evil man, but Japanese are evil animal!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I believe the point was that the average German soldier was well mannered, civilized and humane, and the typical german commander expected discipline and civil behavior.

The Japanese were not this way, from what I've been told. And, Skadi, my Korean mother-in-law is one of those who wouldn't walk across the street to spit on a Japanese if his head was on fire. While it was Hitler's goal to methodically eliminate the "undesirables", the Japanese were cruel, animalistic creatures that did things the average German soldier could not do, would not have been able to even watch without getting sick.

Great Waal, it sin't the unification that is troubling, if that would be what Taiwan would want, it is the fact that the Commies want to stomp out what is left of pre-Commy China that might trouble us. We have an agreement with the Republic of China, a defense agreement, and I pray we should live up to the agreement. If the ROC gets attacked, we'd better come to their aide with everything available, or our word is nothing.

As far as you going home to fight for your nation, I would expect nothing less, and would think no less of you. That is admirable and a good citizen.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm sure the peple of the old Soviet Union would have a different opinion of ' German politeness '.
I've had the pleasure of visiting several Eastern Front battle sites and believe me the veterans do not think of the Germans as polite.

However what I find most disturbing of the Japanese is there total lack of respect for human life. Stories from Unit 731 are truely ghastly. One example is the vivsection of captured allied airmen - probably the worst form of death imaginable.
General Shiro Ishii should have been tried convicted and executed for crimes against humanity.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Argue for the sake of arguing not to get personal...a person who is a chinese might have sympathy for their people therefore have arguments for the sake fo their people, however, that does not mean they have nothing interesting or of remote use to say...learn from thsoe you disagree with...without getting personal.

It amazing how this personal post gets so manu replies.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Did 731 really exist? I knew of similar japanese units but wasnt sure if it was one of chris carters inventions or not.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Did 731 really exist? I knew of similar japanese units but wasnt sure if it was one of chris carters inventions or not.

XAOS

Unit 731 really did exist Xoas, it had facilities all over occupied Asia. The most notorious and largest facility was Pingfan in Northern China. This is where most of their bio weapons work was done.
The Chinese prisoners were called logs to reduce their humanity.
Even today China suffers isolated outbreaks of plague caused by the release of infected animals into the countryside before the Soviet advance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join