It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alas, Babylon and the current events in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Alas, Babylon is a novel by Pat Frank written during the Cold War (1959) and tells a story of survivors trying to survive the aftermath of a nuclear war in the USA.

I read this book a long time ago and couldn't remember why the USA and Russia went to war. The reason being was a US plane mistakenly hit an ammo depot in Syria and causes a nuclear war.

"an American fighter pilot attempting to intercept an enemy plane over the Mediterranean inadvertently fires an AIM-9 Sidewinder heat-seeking missile that goes off course and hits an ammunition depot in Latakia, Syria, resulting in a large explosion. This event becomes the apparent casus belli for the Soviet Union to launch a nuclear strike against the United States and its allies. Early the following morning, Soviet missiles arrive from over the Arctic, as well as from submarines, while American missiles are sent in response. Randy and his house guests are awakened by shaking from the bombing of various air force bases and naval air stations across Florida"

I stumbled across this when I was rereading this book and was just kinda amazed that Syria was the primary reason for nuclear war in this book. I'm not making any prediction or prophecy, just kinda interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

The tale told by time traveler John Titor is also very similar to the events of Alas, Babylon.

Also very similar to the events of the last couple years, though his dates are off.

Just a thought.
edit on 20-10-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

That's interesting. I'm going to have to go dig out my copy and give it another read. I've always liked the book even if it is a bit dated now.

join