It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret US prisons you've never heard of before

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Investigative journalist William Potter exposes the most secret prisons in the US (CMUs) that house inmates who are convicted of bogus crimes such as expressing "radical" beliefs, being animal rights activists, or those who simply exercised their freedom of speech. Most people don't know these CMUs exist, and are a creation from the Bush era. During the video an audience member points out how 25 laws and rights are violated by CMUs. Journalists aren't allowed in CMUs which is why Potter had to interview one of the inmates as a "friend." After the inmate is released, he is arrested again and put in prison for authoring an article about the CMU. It makes you wonder if this is the model they would use in FEMA camps. It might be on a small scale now, but what prevents this from being the prison of the future, and what prevents them for arresting average american's for disagreeing with the government?

edit on 20-10-2015 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

And again, the conspiracy theorists are being proven right. This is almost a daily occurance recently.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Wide-Eyes because: missing word

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
People are now swallowed up in the Night and Fog.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Isn't this how they did it in Nazi Germany?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
With the law enforcement corruption in Chicago with their secret prison....

www.theguardian.com...

Wouldn't you think most cities of any size would have places where the LEOs could fly under the radar?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Can you tell us what CMU stands for, please? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Investigative journalist William Potter exposes the most secret prisons in the US (CMUs)

This would be the "secret prisons" that have a Wiki page.... and been reported in main stream media!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

That is somewhat disturbing,how many officially missing people i wonder are these cmu's ?...and people being locked up for speaking out against government and corporatism is one hell of a slippery slope......

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

...and people being locked up for speaking out against government and corporatism is one hell of a slippery slope......

From what I've heard, one part of the TPP specifically allows for targeting against citizens who do just that.

You think "FREE SPEECH ZONES" are bad, just wait.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wonder how many ATS members could be sent to these 2 prisons simply for their postings here in opposition of any governmental policy? Seems like the only criteria to be sent to the CMUs are being vocal.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

This would be the "secret prisons" that have a Wiki page.... and been reported in main stream media!

Please provide your sources for both the Wiki page and those main stream media reports on CMUs.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
Please provide your sources for both the Wiki page and those main stream media reports on CMUs.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.salon.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

...and people being locked up for speaking out against government and corporatism is one hell of a slippery slope......

From what I've heard, one part of the TPP specifically allows for targeting against citizens who do just that.

You think "FREE SPEECH ZONES" are bad, just wait.

Absolutely from the way this world is changing our children futures are looking dimmer by the minute

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Sounds like the plot from the 1935 book It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis which was about what happens when Fascism comes to America and the book feature Concentration Camps/Secret Prisons in American soil.
edit on 21-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I wonder how many ATS members could be sent to these 2 prisons simply for their postings here in opposition of any governmental policy? Seems like the only criteria to be sent to the CMUs are being vocal.

It is possible over the years i have seen some pretty messed up posts,the mods are quick to remove most of it...i do wonder though if there is some kind of "duty of care" that a website like this has to forward information on to authorities if a certain pattern is developing with a member

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Communication Management Unit (CMU)

en.wikipedia.org...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I've heard of them before, as well.

What's worrying is "inmates" are not allowed access to the outside world, including legal counsel.

The fact that these secret detention centers are based in the US and are also able to totally disregard the laws that protect US citizens from secret detention is the problem.

More so, the fact that they were only worthy of a footnote in the MSM, instead of being a headline story is what bothers me.
edit on 21-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This world becoming a friggen Orwellian nightmare. Wake me up pleeease..
The "Totalitarian Tiptoe" is for real folks.
I feel for all who have been wronged in this f..ked up reality.

And wish I could do something about it..Impotent is how I feel.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
A reply to Newznose:

No, it will never happen here. This
is the Citadel.

When you sign up at ATS, it is because you are interested in conspiracies, and since this makes you a nutcase right out of the box, the secret masters who we pay to spy on us, and incarcerate us, will do everything in their power to make sure that nothing happens to you, ever, and, as such, you will spend the rest of your life here, only to finally learn how much it will cost you each year for (avoiding) the 'Obamacare' mental health evaluation dragnet, and reading about supposed 'conspiracies' that are going on with everyone but you!. All the false flag massacres, even the scourges that are going on with disease etc. are only posted here fictitiously as to get you to come out of your hole, and to feed them some words, so they can monitor your progress. Lot's of folks only crawl forth when ebola is a hot topic. They love stuff like this, and so do our masters.

You are safe here, we ALL are. None of this is really happening except to persons who are NOT enlisted here.

# 520

edit on 21-10-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Investigative journalist William Potter exposes the most secret prisons in the US (CMUs) that house inmates who are convicted of bogus crimes such as expressing "radical" beliefs, being animal rights activists, or those who simply exercised their freedom of speech. Most people don't know these CMUs exist, and are a creation from the Bush era. During the video an audience member points out how 25 laws and rights are violated by CMUs. Journalists aren't allowed in CMUs which is why Potter had to interview one of the inmates as a "friend." After the inmate is released, he is arrested again and put in prison for authoring an article about the CMU. It makes you wonder if this is the model they would use in FEMA camps. It might be on a small scale now, but what prevents this from being the prison of the future, and what prevents them for arresting average american's for disagreeing with the government?

Check out was has and is being built just East of Florence, Arizona. You will be shocked.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join