It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, US sign cooperation deal on Syria airstrikes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: InnerPeace2012
Of course, isn't the number one purpose of the USA to remove Assad? And Russia wants to keep him because he benefits Russia. Yes it is. USA wasn't even wanted, not legally there, but then I suppose Syrian airspace may as well be international airspace.

Very true indeed, I think what's important now is to rid of ISIS, but if the US is all for removing Assad and have not made their intentions known whether to cut of their support for insurgent groups in Syria, it just only makes me think that where ever the Russians aren't looking the US will be dropping arms to insurgent groups, and furthermore indirectly arming ISIS.

For we wait and see how this regulated airstrikes go, and what news we can gather from this. However, it's clear they'll be running their own missions, but only have agree to not cross each others paths.
edit on 20-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yes we need to see the after effect of this agreement. If there is any actual effect. What do you think of the Russian's bombing the groups that are armed by the USA? I personally agree with it. These "moderates" run away into ISIS or leave their weapons lying around for ISIS creating an even greater threat. Proxy wars are wars to give the finger subtly, not to actually eliminate a threat. So basically it's a non-aggression pact..

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The Russians and the others are only up a few hours a day, only the US is up 24/7 so it is not hard to keep other coalition members from running into the Russians. They just go up at different times.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

To me "insurgents are insurgents". However, the Russians have been bombing them primarily to allow Assad's forces to advance and retake captured territory under this insurgent groups.

Now the Syrian army has made big strides as result of the Russian airstrikes and have also been supplied newer advanced weapons by the Russians, so if anything, the rebels lack air support, so big disadvantage for this US backed insurgents.

If however, the rebels decide to bring down a Russian jet as result of high tech surface to air missile equipment supplied by the US, than it be a different matter altogether, but thank good they say it's only ammunition.

Funny, regarding the earlier discussion, the Russians think the Syrian airspace is too crowed..Read here

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The Russians and the others are only up a few hours a day, only the US is up 24/7 so it is not hard to keep other coalition members from running into the Russians. They just go up at different times.

Given the success of the Russian Airstrikes so far, it seems likely that majority of US air missions are basically spying on Russia and supplying insurgent groups.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Only ammunition? Thought they might have the systems too. It's probably that Russia wants to monopolize the Syrian airspace. This would end up to zero chance of incident, correct? I've heard that ISIS made gains because the rebels were bombed. Is this true or not?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Only ammunition? Thought they might have the systems too. It's probably that Russia wants to monopolize the Syrian airspace. This would end up to zero chance of incident, correct? I've heard that ISIS made gains because the rebels were bombed. Is this true or not?

The US obviously has advance systems, but it just makes it too obvious if they supply high tech equipment that may end up at the wrong hands and bring down a Russian jet, this will only see Russia put the blame on US.

Most of the Rebel or ISIS arms have been destroyed by Russian airstrikes as the Russians claim. This only indicates a weakening Insurgent forces.

But if there is any story of IS advancement, it's surely away from the Kremlin backed advancing Syrian army.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well ok there are larger systems, but I was thinking of say the IGLA. One man SAM. I believe I've heard ISIS has American made AT missile launchers? That may be incorrect, but it is eventually a possibility. Well the majority of Russia's bombings have been on the rebels, not ISIS. Well Aleppo I believe..It's a risky game over there.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It's a risky game over there.

Agreed. Still a risky game none the less, but at least we know there is an MOU to avoid any incidents in the air, that's one problem agreed upon by both parties concerned...

I only hope we hear more good news of this nature.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, officially only between those two nations...so how safe really.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well, officially only between those two nations...so how safe really.

I don't have an answer of exactly how safe it is right now in Syria, but the Ruskies have surely weakened IS...here

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hmmm..Im a little skeptical on this one.

Presuming ISIS and the other factions are swapping between each other when it suits/whos paying the most..

Scenario..US--you bomb there (Russia) and well bomb here (US)..
Russia bombs there (ISIS).....US drops supplies here..(moderate rebels)

Russia says..ISIS is there. US says no they are not.

Isnt the US still committed to aiding the "moderate rebels", while Russia does not differentiate between them.

I can see arguments ensuing over who does what and when, slowing the whole process down.

I can Imagine all sorts of dodgey moves going on. Like "Game of Thrones"

Maybe Im being too pessimistic (feeling that way today) but I suppose time will tell.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Given the success of the Russian Airstrikes so far, it seems likely that majority of US air missions are basically spying on Russia and supplying insurgent groups.

They did hit a rebel arms depot causing them to retreat and let ISIS advance towards Aleppo. Other than that they have not managed to do much. Even the support for the offensive to help Alawites is not doing much. All in all they have not done much. However it is only 30 aircraft. Air campaigns take lots of time. Anybody with even the most basic militantly knowledge knows that. If they want to see any results beyond just shoring up Assads sliver of territory they are going to need many more planes for a couple of years. Of course they are strictly flying tactical missions so they have not even tried to really make a diffidence.

A strategic campaign is like what the US had done. First stop ISIS advances, then focus on strategic assets like the oil wells, command and control, and such, then also suppress movement of heavy weapons, and support local forces advancing until it builds into multi front advances like now.

Obviously Russia has had zero effect against ISIS. Since they have only made advances in the areas the Russians are operating in.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Obviously Russia has had zero effect against ISIS. Since they have only made advances in the areas the Russians are operating in.

How do you expect anyone to believe that claim? Do you have an sources to verify that. And with all due respect, this is not about for and against US, we are simply looking at progressive events that can be verified from various sources.

Cheers
edit on 21-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Exactly, I hope that is not the case, I do fear the war on ISIS is gonna drag for some more months if our suspicions are true.

edit on 21-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well, if you look at the grammar the facility that produced missile launchers and missiles was ISIS. The rest is undefined. That's if you look at the grammar of the list. What I mean: "depots, two underground bunkers, 32 firing positions in mountainous areas, nine fortified battlefield positions and a workshop producing missile launchers and rockets for Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL)." Grammatically none of those are connected to IS except the last one. The workshop. That's a quote from your link by the way.
edit on 21-10-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
RT News

Russia and the US have signed an agreement regulating the operations of the two countries' air forces in Syria. The deal is aimed at preventing incidents and providing for the smooth operation of the two nations' aircraft, and for mutual aid in critical situations.
?

I do not discount the possibility that Russia has lost its nerve and or is doing its NWO bit by being controlled opposition.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

This is the first good news move ,that should lead to other measures to be implemented . At least the two main actors are communicating ......this is a important first step ..
well the first step made by the US and Russia together .

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

I belive Nostradamus was the one who said that Brother Bear & the Eagle will join forces to obliterate the forces in the sand and desert.

This kinda seems like its true. I do not have the quatrain to post. (if someone who knows more on this topic of quatrains, please help me elaborate).

Good to see that we are working together.

Regards,

SK

Found a thread in this regards Here --> Bear & Dragon vs. Eagle

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

As soon as the agreement comes into force, there will be 24/7 communication channels established between the Russian and American military commanders.

Lol. Gotta love that. As if the Russain are going to tell the US ahead of time so they can warn the "friendly" terrorists on the ground.

"Hunker down Al-CIA-Nusra-Isis-Free-Da. the Russians are heading your pos at this time. I repeat, the Russians are inbound your pos at this time."

I see why the US wants the Russians to cooperate with their war on terror.

They are. The US should back off arming the Insurgents.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join