It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What wild animal makes a sound like a man snoring?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
The only bear reported in my area, was about 7 years ago, and he was about 15 miles away from my backyard. They collected him and released him up in Central Florida.

I live close to a wildlife preserve though, so bobcat, Florida seals, otters, weasels, raccoons, armadillos, and boars are very common. Monkeys, fox, and Florida panthers are seen on occasion, but is fairly rare. Not odd to see turkeys, and peacocks are not that rare either. About 8 miles from me there is an Emu family that I see several times a week.

On occasion my neighbors' cows, goats, or horses will show up on my property to graze, but I know where they belong, so I will either take them home, if they let me, or I just call them to let them know where their prodigal critters have gotten to.

There is a certain type of quietness and beauty living in the woods. There is a sense of balance and belonging that you can feel shift when something is not right. Luckily, I still live in a place where neighbors are like extended family, even when you are pissed off with each other.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There is a certain type of quietness and beauty living in the woods. There is a sense of balance and belonging that you can feel shift when something is not right.

Yes! many people move to the area and cut all of the trees! So sad!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I also live in South Florida, North Port, and last night was the very first night I heard snoring coming from my backyard by the shed. I actually thought there was a man who got through a fence and was sleeping in the one shed. I nervously walked towards the shed and realize the noise was coming from both of the sheds and the oak tree above one of them a pine tree above the other one and several places. I have been here since 97 and have never heard these noises before. I just came home for my neighbor's house across the street and I was just telling her the creepy snoring that was coming from the sheds and trees and how freaked out I was about it. I walk through the fence and on to the back patio and heard the noises again. I ran back across the street grab Cindy and we came over and started investigating with flashlights. Come to find out they are little brown owls in the trees making the snoring noises. I haven't figured out if they are burrowing owls or screech owls. We scared them away and they are still fairly close hear the snoring faintly. I am going to wait like 20 minutes and go back out there and try to get some pictures.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join