It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What wild animal makes a sound like a man snoring?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Elephant Rhino Elephino

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Elephant Rhino Elephino

We have a few wild monkeys, but no elephants.

I am pretty sure they were wild boar. I found their nesting grounds, and they where in the area the sound came from.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I hunt wild boar here in Texas (usually helping out a couole hay farmers and ranchers I know), and the only time I remember hearing a snoring sound was when it was at least a 350 lbs boar. You could smell him from 50 yards away - heavy stench.

Notice any heavy musk when you went after your dogs, OP?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Who's that Pokemon

Snorlax

On a serious note I'll throw out another guess. Catfish.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In a word Puma.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Dimithae

I hunt wild boar here in Texas (usually helping out a couole hay farmers and ranchers I know), and the only time I remember hearing a snoring sound was when it was at least a 350 lbs boar. You could smell him from 50 yards away - heavy stench.

Notice any heavy musk when you went after your dogs, OP?

Oh my gosh yes! I remembered this strong unusual smell that I mentioned to my mother on several occasions.

Now that you mention it, "musky" is a good description for what it smelled like.

Thanks. I thought it was likely the boar. Now I am pretty sure of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
lOL Great thread!

Prob a male deer marking and huffing out to see if there are any females around. They kind of chuff out their nose.

ETA My husband says its likely a bear. Says they make a snore huffy thing when they are stressed or unhappy.

But I have a funny story about a snoring demon
I was staying with my grandmother decades ago. It was a crappy house trailer on a rez at that time. Her house burnt and we were in this thing. Middle of the night she wakes me up with gun in hand saying there was a ( what roughly translates as) a devil under it. So she gives ME the revolver and tells me to go outside and check it out. LOL! NO joke. Anyway, you dont say no to grandma so we go out there.. I get under it to look. No flashlight worth a damn. I see this thing in my face.. all fur teeth stink and growling. Damn 30 lb groundhog sleeping and snoring. I thought Satan had me, of course... LOL!!
edit on 11-10-2016 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Scroll down and some sounds are on here. I dont know how authentic.. but maybe help

www.wideworldofhunting.com...

HAHAHA No not authentic. Its sounds of the calls! Dont bother.

edit on 11-10-2016 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

my mother-in-law was visiting South Florida at that time.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
On a serious note I'll throw out another guess. Catfish.

I have a fairly large pond, and quite a few cat fish. Even the walking variety. I hadn't given thought to the catfish before, but now that you have brought it to the front of my mind, I am sure some of the sounds I was attributing to the frogs may have been catfish.

Thanks.
edit on 11-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I haven't heard it for a while, so she must have gone back home.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: carewemust

I haven't heard it for a while, so she must have gone back home.

Nah.. I think she went to stay with another of her sons/daughters. Getting reports of an overpowering man-snore coming out of San Diego this week.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Advantage, it seems the old folks got to be old folks because they are too smart to go wandering around in the dark with a gun and poor lighting. My Mom is good for making me go check out anything that is odd about the place. She claims it is because her hearing and her eyesight isn't the best.

She got me the other day when we where putting up the shutters. She said, "There is something big and funny looking on the porch, you have to go get rid of it". I thought it was a frog because they get pretty big, and she doesn't like them. I had to leave it up to my nephew to remove the giant Jesus lizard that thought he had found shelter from the storm.

I always thought they called them Jesus Lizards because they can walk on water. I now realize they call them Jesus lizards, is because the first thing that comes out of your mouth with an encounter is, "Oh Jesus!"

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
do razorback hogs sometimes get asthama

no earthbound animal makes that snoring sound as a natural thing... It has to be a distressed critter
and sick animals are shunned by the Animal Kingdom, so even that explains your domesticated critters' reactions to this interloper

Some frogs I am sure there are others.

Pickerel Frog (Lithobates palustris)
These frogs spend winter under water in the
southeastern corner of Minnesota. They like to
be in or near rivers and streams. A pickerel frog
is about the size of a chicken egg. Its skin gives
off a bad-tasting chemical that most predators
don’t like. Males begin making their deepsnore
calls from shore or under shallow water
in late April or early May.

files.dnr.state.mn.us...

Here are some Florida frog sounds Gopher Frog is described in places as snoring sound
www.tampabay.wateratlas.usf.edu...
edit on 11-10-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Found it!!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Found it!!

Oh my goodness. That is exactly what it sounded like!

I think you found it!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I think I would stay in at night around your place

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Advantage

Advantage, it seems the old folks got to be old folks because they are too smart to go wandering around in the dark with a gun and poor lighting. My Mom is good for making me go check out anything that is odd about the place. She claims it is because her hearing and her eyesight isn't the best.

She got me the other day when we where putting up the shutters. She said, "There is something big and funny looking on the porch, you have to go get rid of it". I thought it was a frog because they get pretty big, and she doesn't like them. I had to leave it up to my nephew to remove the giant Jesus lizard that thought he had found shelter from the storm.

I always thought they called them Jesus Lizards because they can walk on water. I now realize they call them Jesus lizards, is because the first thing that comes out of your mouth with an encounter is, "Oh Jesus!"

HEHEH!!! Yep. Im originally from Louisiana. Creepy things in the South, and not just my family. LOL!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

In am more afraid of the 2 legged critters wandering around the city, than I am of the 4 legged ones that live in the woods.

They usually stay in their space, I respect that, as long as they respect my space. I have lived in the woods for over 40 years. So far none have broken the contract, except for some bees a couple of years ago.

Oh, I almost forgot. I had a couple of boar piglets digging up my front yard one morning, but they took off and I couldn't catch them. I see evidence around the yard that they have visited at sometime during the night, but they are so stealthy that even with light sensors, I haven't been able to catch them doing it.

Have found a rare black snake in my garden, but I consider then sentries.

edit on 11-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addendum

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In am more afraid of the 2 legged critters wandering around the city, than I am of the 4 legged ones that live in the woods.

They usually stay in their space, I respect that, as long as they respect my space. I have lived in the woods for over 40 years. So far none have broken the contract, except for some bees a couple of years ago.

Oh, I almost forgot. I had a couple of boar piglets digging up my front yard one morning, but they took off and I couldn't catch them. I see evidence around the yard that they have visited at sometime during the night, but they are so stealthy that even with light sensors, I haven't been able to catch them doing it.

Have found a rare black snake in my garden, but I consider then sentries.

i agree heartily! Had a bear on my porch one morning here in the west, when mating season is going on though they all get a might shifty!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join