It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sobering documentary of the Muslim problem in Europe: Paris, Sweden, no-go zones

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well I have seen opposite things said 'from the mouth' as well.

And ya I had not watched the documentary at that point, not all of it anyway had it on in another tab, didn't mean to make it seem like I did. Just what I felt about it at that point.

I googled the two people doing this as well, not really neutral base this is coming from.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I truly believe it's all fake and for political purpose only

Ok, let's go.You and me if you're over 21. If you can watch that documentary and still claim fake then perhaps the next step for you is some good old fashioned cognitive dissonance. In fact, I think a group trip might be in order because after we come back and you've puked on your shoes for being naive, no one else will believe our story.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It may not be the expansion he is worried about but the ones here creating their own enclaves and unable to integrate.

Personally in the 33 years I lived in the UK I never saw anything, no Muslim gangs or no go areas, a very affluent Jewish part of Manchester, a very integrated Rusholme and the curry mile.

Understand it could be certain areas, but I saw a lot of the UK and not any of this (accept this is talking Sweden). The biggest problem I had in the UK were pikeys, travelers or whatever, the definately had their own areas and no go zones, mainly in sh1tty muddy fields or derelict warehouses, the type of place I didn't want to go anyway.

I don't think there is a problem that wouldn't be sorted if there was one.

Just to be clear. You lived in the UK for 33 years & never saw any of this crap they're fearmongering about? Isn't that what the moral of this story should be? It's like the people who scare their kids with goblins & other crazy creatures if they don't brush their teeth.

Also, if people are really afraid of "no go zones", why don't they talk about the actual "no go zones" in America? They're called "Sundown Towns". Let's see if these Islamophobes would like to have a real conversation about "no go zones".

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well I have seen opposite things said 'from the mouth' as well.

And ya I had not watched the documentary at that point, not all of it anyway had it on in another tab, didn't mean to make it seem like I did. Just what I felt about it at that point.

I googled the two people doing this as well, not really neutral base this is coming from.

Ok so you hadnt watched it, but made the comment that it seemed like the results were "pre-determined"

Im not trying to be a jerk, but im sure you can see how that seems a bit disingenuous , when you lambaste people for not watching it and then make comments and accusations about it w out watching it yourself.......

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

That's actually true, Islam will never be able to take over Europe, and most "muslim" youth will never really adhere to Islamic law.. do you know why?

Adhering to Islamic law would mean submitting to Allah, and submitting to Allah would mean having theiving hands amputated--
Stealing is a no-no..

Are you really trying to explain Islam to me? Really? Did you forget who I am? Then you make the weird assumption that Muslim youths won't adhere to Islamic law because of what? Going by your logic, Christian adults won't "really" adhere to Christianity since the Old Testament calls for stoning to death adulterers & rebellious kids.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Same story, same tactics, different bogeyman.

Nope. Different story, same subject, new location told by another person.

It's easy to spot the pattern too. A rash of anti-Islam threads will pop up every few days. At first they will appear to be new issues, but on further inspection, you'll see it's the same things over & over (& over & over...).

Don't count on that. I'll be there with a new one every week. And the fact that you call it anti-islam is really beginning to bother me. Why? Because the religion your championing is causing effing havoc and burden on nice European folks that were unfortunately gullible enough to think Muslims would mix well and you don't give a #. The evidence is staring the rest of us right in the face and you thumb your nose at a systemic problem. Calling anyone who draws attention to it a racist.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Because I had started it when I said that, and it is clear in the title of they want to show.
What I lambasted was the amount of flags it got in the first 10 min, because either all those people watched it already which is possible or they where just flagging solely because it was a thread about how muslims are bad.

And I know you are not trying to be a jerk, you call it how you see, I have no issues with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
originally posted by: enlightenedservant

It's all about fear mongering. People have short attentions spans, so they need constant reminders of why a specific bogeyman must be feared.

"Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings."

"And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith."

edit on 20-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Literally hundreds of millions of people that identify as muslims get along with people every day just fine. Are there some that don't? Sure, just as there is citizens of the same countries that don't get along or follow this defined culture we have.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I wish I could make it to france. One day. It's on the bucket list.

This, though, would never happen in the USA and I do find it hard to believe that some french people just couldn't go to this supposed no go zone and film. I truly believe it's all fake and for political purpose only. A poverty stricken area with high crime is not the same as a no go zone. We have poverty stricken high crime zones here in the US as well but it's not a no go zone.

I have no doubt it would never happen in the US, and I think "it isn't like that here where I am, so it couldn't be like there" is a very faulty base of reasoning.

Look, I understand wanting to refrain from being "racist" or fear mongering, that is a valid concern. I share it.
On the other hand, there are muslims who fear for their lives and feel trapped in these areas.
I have a friend who is a muslim woman living in one (though not as big as the ones in Paris, Marseille...)

She's confided in me that she is scared- scared for her young children. Because her neighborhood is ruled by groups of criminals who have shifty bonds with the groups of fanatic muslims in there. It seems paradoxal, because Islam is a strict religion which has moral bases which go counter to much of the criminal activity.

And yet, they have found common interests that get fed by each other. The criminal gangs get the kids into drug trafficking and violence, (much to their parents dismay). This "hardens" them, it stokes a fire of hostility, and a build up of guilt for transgressing the religion of their origin. At a certain point, this pushes them to turn and return to the religion....

But not to the peaceful and dignified form of their elders- instead it is to the fanatics, the jihadists, that they turn, and become warriors of Jihad instead. Because violence is what they know now, and what they feel they have to offer. Martyrism is the way they can pay back for their period of transgression.

She explained to me that it is the ones that try to return back later that she and her neighbors fear, that give Islam a bad name, and are just as threatening as the criminal gangs who are dealing drugs, weapons, stealing and killing. She is a victim that sees no alternative way to live. She also doesn't want to integrate the french culture, because she wants to remain loyal to her origins, and with those who speak arab.

People like her are in a bind, and victims too. In refusing to acknowledge the state of things in areas like hers, we are choosing to ignore the danger she is in, and that which her little boys are in. All out of a concern for not looking "racist".

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

"... guess people don't really care what it has to say, just need to say that muslims=bad and recipe for the stats."

Here's the thang...
The media repeatedly shows people having their necks sliced, heads lopped off, tossed from buildings (for being gay) and even literally crucified by Islamic extremists.
Next, via media, Muslims allowed into your nation to resettle are immediately connected to threats being made against you based on your faith and/or skin color.

Now then, what do ya do? Just turn away and ignore it?
or... do you worry about family and loved ones... and consider what you might do should this come to your doorstep?

Is the news media lying? If so... do we blame those who feel the need to defend their homes and families or demand that the news sources clean up their acts?

This world is coming apart... we are being used against one another to divide and subdivide ourselves into angry sectors.

We need to wake the hell up. If Islam is a threat, we need to know. If they are not, we need to know.
But... either way, we should not dive into the stewpot of hatreds.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Yes ISIS is a bunch of savages, but how can we blame anyone that looks like them or follows a religion that they distort and punish the innocent people for it?

Hate begets hate, I think that gets lost in all of this and I think contributes to what we see and hear about.
From both sides, people usually respond to hate with hate and that leads to violence.

This world is coming apart... we are being used against one another to divide and subdivide ourselves into angry sectors.

Please tell me how this type of thread doesn't promote that even more?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: amazing

Ok, let's go.You and me if you're over 21. If you can watch that documentary and still claim fake then perhaps the next step for you is some good old fashioned cognitive dissonance. In fact, I think a group trip might be in order because after we come back and you've puked on your shoes for being naive, no one else will believe our story.

I'm actually sitting here thinking- is there anyway I could help this happen? I could put you guys up at my place for a couple of days, and help you get to these destinations (Marseille is about two hours away. But we have a couple smaller versions of these ghettos nearby). But I won't go in them, of course. I've already had my self rightious blinders removed. Been there, done that, barely made it out alive.

But then I thought, what might happen to you there, I don't want on my conscience.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It has already been proven that in france there is no muslim only zones,do we really need to post these lies again and again.
edit on 20-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: FlySolo

Literally hundreds of millions of people that identify as muslims get along with people every day just fine. Are there some that don't? Sure, just as there is citizens of the same countries that don't get along or follow this defined culture we have.

Full stop
People are not making the distinction between Muslim nations and Western nations w/Muslims. You can't cut the ME out of a map and drop it into a diametrically opposite culture and expect things to go well.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"Please tell me how this type of thread doesn't promote that even more?"

Patience... thought, logic, common sense and the courage to say NO to judging complete strangers based on what one sees on TV.

We need to toss aside politics as a tool for division.
We need to accept that people of the many faiths are not all ee-ville.
We need to open our hearts and minds to learning rather than despising...

The problem is... here in the 21st century, information resources are almost all corrupted. That's the biggest hurdle before us because... we so often tend to believe what we are fed.

It takes a personal-level desire for common sense... and not to hate anyone.
edit on 20-10-2015 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Anyone suppresses my Faith will be slain.

Anyone throws me out of where I live I'll be back to throw them out.

Simple.

Don't like it, don't persecute.
edit on 20-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

what are the laws pertaining to foreigners doing documentaries about the Muslims? Jail time?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Because I had started it when I said that, and it is clear in the title of they want to show.
What I lambasted was the amount of flags it got in the first 10 min, because either all those people watched it already which is possible or they where just flagging solely because it was a thread about how muslims are bad.

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Anyone suppresses my Faith will be slain.

Anyone throws me out of where I live I'll be back to throw them out.

Simple.

Don't like it, don't persecute.

Which begs the question, what do you believe is "suppression" thats a term that can be very subjective

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join