It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sobering documentary of the Muslim problem in Europe: Paris, Sweden, no-go zones

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Bluesma

I've been reading your posts throughout Bluesma - nice save at the finish

Welcome to the side of reason

It's sometimes hard to remain objective - but it's worth the effort

I'm fighting all instincts to say something insulting.

I NEVER changed my stance or view on the situation in France.
If you weren't reading carefully, that is on you.

The video (which I didn't notice the stupid title- youtube posters grab documentaries and put up loud and stupid titles all the time) delved into the subject of the problem in Europe of clashing cultures with the arabs. It delved into problems that have been going on for a LONG time, and concern second, third, and fourth generations of immigrants- people born in Europe.

It had nothing to do with the current wave of refugees coming in now. That is going off topic.

I was not commenting on that situation, and I was NEVER saying all Muslims are bad or to be feared.
I was very precise on my views there. If you chose to rely on that trolls twisting of my words, instead of taking the time to read my posts (I understand they are lengthy and that can be a turn off) then that is you choosing to judge without looking into things yourself, which are fully available to you.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Indeed, I believe that none of this is by accident. It is no more surprising to find a pink shirt at the end of the wash with a red sweater, than it is to have a group of people in a strange land, suddenly thrown in with a strange culture and way of life, that completely goes "against" everything they have been taught is wrong and an affront to their God, to refuse to have anything to do with the people, language or their way of life.

The subject of the video was second and third generations who where born here. This poses problems of identity, but that is made worse when their parents and grandparents tell them that the culture they were born in, and educated in, is evil and to be rejected for another which they are not familiar with directly.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

But let me touch on another important fact. It's happening to ALL of Europe. Not just Germany. Where's France's antisemitism? How about Sweden's? Netherlands?...Belgium? You see, none of those countries propagated Hitler's Jew propaganda. Correct my history if I'm wrong but it was all Germany. I don't see any propaganda coming out of France during ww2 regarding the Jews.

France tried to appease the Germans. Have you never heard of the Vel D'Hiver Round up? Probably seen it mentioned by me, because I bring it up all the time in these discussions. 13,152 victims were arrested, including more than 4,000 children. They were held at the Vélodrome d'Hiver in extremely crowded conditions, almost without water, food and sanitary facilities, as well as at the Drancy, Pithiviers, and Beaune-la-Rolande internment camps, then shipped by railway transports to Auschwitz for their mass murder.

This was done by French police. French citizens grabbed up the apartments and homes of those rounded up, for free. Along with everything inside them.

There is a cultural guilt about that sort of action that gives forth, today, deep seated regret and guilt, which has borne a tendancy to go the other extreme for many, many years! The arabs are given all they demend and even that which they don't. This has caused a severe disrespect of the french as being stupid suckers to be treated accordingly by the arab peoples.

They are used to hard fist over their heads, and what they are getting is an extreme attempt to please them, which causes nothing but contempt and provocation.

Yes, there is a big risk of extreme right wing reactions (the Front National has a good chance in the next elections). But when do you respond to these provocations? Never?

If your kids are spoiled, because you didn't dare be too strict with them, does that mean you can never put your foot down and say "this is finished, no more crap! You get in line or leave!"

In that video, the young man explains to the narrator "everywhere you see a satelite dish on the balcony, that is an arab family" was not explained. That is true in France as well. The HLM's (free housing given by the government) also gives arabs immigrants satelite dishes so that they can receive news and broadcasts from their country of origin.
Recently, the city I lived in for ten years tore down one of these buildings and built a new one because many of the apartments had been turned into farms- animals were kept in them, and it destroyed the integrity of the construction, making it dangerous.
I am paying for that. For all the efforts done to make them feel at home. And I get stoned and my home blown up.

The excuse that they are victims of repression doesn't hold.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Why do you put refugees in quotes?

Because the term "refugee" has been used loosely. I would take a closer look at what actually defines refugee and who is coming over the border.

once they get into society...they should become Swedish - or what?

This is the million dollar question and I'm glad you asked it. I'll expound on that at the bottom.

This is what it suggests - and it doesn't allow for much else

I said I am more than willing to read/watch/listen to any other arguments that directly contradict the growing consensus. Ask Bluesma how our first dialog went.

Have you read through this thread? I have - your position is very popular. It was top thread when I joined this morning

Look, it's a lot more scientific than just a propaganda fear sweep. People react to certain things for a reason. People switch votes from Conservative/Liberal/Conservative again all the time during elections. Then there's those that don't switch at all. The main reason for this is, is the amygdala, the memory and fear center in the brain. The reason why this topic is so popular, is because it's creating a response in the general population. Why some have it more than others? That's a different thread but it's a natural response to threats and I think regular people see this migration for what it is.

So back the societal Swedish thing. That's a good freaking question and that's why everyone's up'n arms. Because no one has the answer. Yet, an imposed social value has been placed on a hype-sensitive amygdala to accept something without having had the time to sort out an algorithm to understand it. In other words, the brain doesn't know how to interpret a growing Muslim fear and equate that to harmonized social living. It's like trying to ram a square into a circle.

With that said, we have integrated immigrants from all over the world into western societies for years and years. Muslims have been an integral part of cultures without issue and so have many other ethnic backgrounds with opposing religions. No one is arguing this. So what is the fear then? What's the problem? Middle East at one time used to be romanticized in Hollywood, children's books, television, magic carpets and "I dream of Jeannie". What happened? Sharia law happened.

We all discovered this ideology recently with the help of 911. And that is where you need to go to learn about this new phobia. The problem isn't "Muslims" per se, because that's to general and that's what causes the dichotomy, the problem is that Sharia ideology. This is why people continue to compare apples to oranges. This is why the dichotomy grows and this is why the amydala is overloading and causing it to shrink creating more right wing nationalism.

Solution? Balance and the condemnation of Sharia ideology among "refugees". Once you understand where the fear comes from, then objectively you are able to do something about the problem. And the balance part includes Free Speech. Free speech is the only thing that can counter "other free speech". Overlapping free speech with political correctness creates that wretched dichotomy again. It's circular logic that goes no where.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm fighting all instincts to say something insulting.

Thank you - for your restraint :-)

Sometimes maybe you should just let it fly

My reply to you wasn't insulting - I read every single post of yours in this thread. Nice save - at the end. You responded to the video directly and honestly - made a lot of arguments supporting it's basic underlying message - and then you said:

After discussing this with people here, I so far think (and this could change in the future with different experiences I have, it is just my view right now) that although I am of the opinion that there is a real problem in Europe, and that it is growing, The american media has taken our problems here and twisted them, exagerrated them, placed them in other terms, in order to provoke panic in the American public, and render them more vulnerable to manipulation.

I know you and I haven't exactly hit it off Bluesma

But, that's more on your end than mine :-)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My reply to you wasn't insulting - I read every single post of yours in this thread. Nice save - at the end. You responded to the video directly and honestly - made a lot of arguments supporting it's basic underlying message - and then you said:

No save. I made a statement about the posters here. That many are retreating to lazy mindfulness and not choosing to face reality. The video in the OP is right on, as I have said from the beginning, but the people far away from this situation are steeped in ignorance and prefer to stay that way.

edit on 22-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Solution? Balance and the condemnation of Sharia ideology among "refugees".

I'll let that just stand there on it's own

Free speech is the only thing that can counter "other free speech". Overlapping free speech with political correctness creates that wretched dichotomy again. It's circular logic that goes no where.

Do you feel that people are not allowed to speak out against the Muslims? The documentary (among so many other examples in the press or other forms of media) in your OP proves exactly the opposite

Are you really arguing for free speech - or are you arguing against it? Maybe you're not taking a stand for free speech so much as you are arguing that what you're free to say doesn't have any teeth

Back to this:

With that said, we have integrated immigrants from all over the world into western societies for years and years.

We have? Who is we? Did the immigrants themselves play a part in all of this integration - or was it something we did?

Did it go smoothly? Did each instance resemble the other? Did that process or the difficulties that came with it ever end? How long should we reasonably expect this process to take before we can all decide that its a huge success and we can all relax now?

Refugee camps are not the same thing as assimilated citizens. Ghettos successfully keep people from integrating with the rest of the local population, and force them to keep to themselves

I don't know what the solution is, I won't even pretend to have a plan for what happens next. The only thing I know for sure is that if we don't allow people to settle and assimilate we can expect the worst to happen

It's going to take time, and it's going to take a culture that doesn't buy into the hysteria that's happening now

I'm not an idiot - I know this isn't going to be easy. But, in the interest of free speech - you're going to have to allow for the occasional (hopefully more than just occasional) person - like me for instance - to question a video series like the one you're promoting in your OP
edit on 10/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The video in the OP is right on, as I have said from the beginning

Exactly that

The rest of my point doesn't matter anymore - but you can't say I didn't try

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When I moved to Detroit I went through Dearborn and also after 9/11 I was able to visit before I moved. It's really not bad like France. France has ghettos and they look like war torn Eastern Europe in the 80s and the scary part is lack of Police. They just don't have cops like America or Canada or even Mexico. Those areas in France get taken over I don't mean by ethnicity but it becomes territorial with the lack of police. And it's absurd that they can't fix this when you have super taxes for anyone making over 1 million, taxing them as high as 50% and once taxed them 75% for two years. They also had a bus driver that old a lady she had to remove hijab to get on bus and the driver was attacked in one of those areas. On top of that I remember seeing that some lady running for president was a daughter of some mad man and she was head of the party he created.

The guy I speak of in link below:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

He has been sited for anti semitism and make people with Aids stay separate from people in society in France. His daughter succeeded him in the political party he started. He had made jokes and puns about ovens that burn people and accused current president of being in the Jewish Lobby's pocket.

a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I was shaking my head the whole way while reading your post.

Do you feel that people are not allowed to speak out against the Muslims? The documentary (among so many other examples in the press or other forms of media) in your OP proves exactly the opposite

That was a candid documentary done secretly. I'm trying to get my hands on more documentaries with english subtitles but I know for a fact main stream media will never touch this.

Are you really arguing for free speech

Yes I am. I thought I made that clear.

We have? Who is we? Did the immigrants themselves play a part in all of this integration - or was it something we did?

Did it go smoothly? Did each instance resemble the other? Did that process or the difficulties that cam with it ever end? How long should we reasonably expect this process to take before we can all decide that its a huge success and we can all relax now?

Depends one where. When I speak of "we" I am speaking for Western nations. Here in Canada we don't have the same problem as Europe (for obvious reasons) We're not taking in a million of them. So when should we relax? What is it you would like to achieve? Would you like to see Muslim integration in every culture in the world? Do you want to see whole homogenized nations become a melting pot of not just Muslims, but every other ethnic background? What is your vision exactly? 1:1 ? Is there a limit? Is it now politically incorrect to not want Sweden to be "Sweden" or "Japan to be Japan" Do think it is now culturally unacceptable to expect Nations to be Nations or do want us to live in harmony under one umbrella?

You see? I think you do. I think you have some ultra unrealistic view that the world is ready for some Utopian dream or something.

I don't know what the solution is, I won't even pretend to have a plan for what happens next. The only thing I know for sure is that if we don't allow people to settle and assimilate we can expect the worst to happen

I told you what the solution is. Balance and surely, not allow a million anti-democratic foreigners into the country in one year. Denounce Sharia and learn the values of the country you live. They don't even want to learn the language for crying out loud. And weed out the militants and those who are not from Syria. This wasn't supposed to be a free-for-all y'know? It's supposed to be for actual refugees. Not migrants. Women, children and seniors first. All the rest shipped back and a strong integration program based on a points system for asylum seekers like we do in Canada. Why do you think there's so many ghettos now? There's no jobs. It's madness.

I'm not an idiot - I know this isn't going to be easy. But, in the interest of free speech - you're going to have to allow for the occasional (hopefully more than just occasional) person - like me for instance - to question a video series like the one you're promoting in your OP

I know you're not an idiot. So question the videos you support as well. I did. Show me something you've read, watched or whatever that makes you take the stance you take. If you can provide to me an anti-thesis I am willing to take a look. Until then, my points are pretty logical and sound.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the 'propaganda theme' works both ways. Some people consider only one side and believe that all refugees are dangerous and to be feared.

But the other side works the same. Some people consider strictly only one side and defend that's it not problematic when clearly it is.

It works both ways.

edit on 10/22/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That was a candid documentary done secretly. I'm trying to get my hands on more documentaries with english subtitles but I know for a fact main stream media will never touch this.

How does this demonstrate that there is a restriction to freedom of speech? How the documentary was made has nothing to do with anything - the video - Part I - has 48,792 views

Mainstream media has touched this - and more than that done a very good job. It maybe doesn't present a view that you agree with, so you think it's suspicious. But - even that is not true - this has been done to death on both the left and the right

Would you like to see Muslim integration in every culture in the world? Do you want to see whole homogenized nations become a melting pot of not just Muslims, but every other ethnic background? What is your vision exactly?

Are you arguing for ethnic/cultural segregation? Too late - that ship has sailed. What do I want? My vision wouldn't interest you - because a melting pot doesn't bother me - not even a little bit. That's' not me being snide - just honest. I honestly don't care that Sweden is Swedish or Japan is Japanese - this world is not a theme park. It changes - Japan - hundreds of years from now will be unrecognizable. But, that's not how we view the world in our own generation - we want everything to stay the same - recognizable, familiar...

. I think you have some ultra unrealistic view that the world is ready for some Utopian dream or something.

I think that you can't comprehend this changing world, or understand that this process has been ongoing for centuries. The maps you know from when you were in school were never meant to describe a world that stays the same forever

We are mixing, the planet gets smaller and smaller... military excursions and economics have a way of speeding up that process

This wasn't supposed to be a free-for-all y'know? It's supposed to be for actual refugees. Not migrants. Women, children and seniors first. All the rest shipped back and a strong integration program based on a points system for asylum seekers like we do in Canada. Why do you think there's so many ghettos now? There's no jobs. It's madness.

Syria, Iraq - these places don't exist anymore. They are up for grabs. Europe can choose to close their borders - for pragmatic reasons or for philosophical reasons - for political reasons - or economic reasons

They just might

I think you don't have a clear understanding of what's actually happening

Show me something you've read, watched or whatever that makes you take the stance you take.

I read and I watch the news - it's all happening right in front of us. You can argue that the news is politicized - and you'd be right. It's up to each individual to take in information and decide what it is that they're seeing

What is it that your video series shows?

I am interested in this conversation FlySolo - but I have to go now. Just so you don't think I'm bailing :-)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

What news? The news that doesn't talk about what's going on in Europe? Surely you don't mean your local news I hope. You know as well as I the "news" is not where to get your information. Did you know that a Muslim man walked into an Ikea in Sweden, grabbed a knife and cut off the head of a woman and killed her son? Now Ikea bans knives. Did you know that a law is being passed in Sweden to make it crime of any criticism of immigration? Did you know that Germany is looking to Canada's immigration policy to help with theirs? Did you know that rape in Sweden has gone up 1,400% and 70% are done by Muslim immigrants? Did you know they allow radical leaders in London to stand in the streets and use hate speech while condemning those who speak against it as a racist, lose their job?...

Did you know?

I think you don't have a clear understanding of what's actually happening

I'm afraid it's you who doesn't know what happening, I'm on top of this.

And for the record. This whole "our world is changing and you don't like it" is absolutely correct. What's incorrect is your complacency. Japan should stay Japan. I dare you to impose your views on China too. Anyone who's picked up a history book knows our planet has been at war with itself since the beginning. N. America was the new safe haven from the oppression of the catholic church imposing their religious values. Then comes along the Muslims after historic fact after fact of their plundering and you want to give them a hug. So they can impose their religious values too. Look, we didn't have two world wars in the name of freedom to just open the god damn door to the ME because people are to afraid to say FU. There's so much violence in those nations and they still haven't evolved into the 21st century. It took Europe 2000 effing years to become the nations they are today. TWO thousand years! Are you getting any of this? What the hell have any ME nations contributed in terms to civility? They're still in the dark ages and you want to open the door.

Madness.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Did you know that a Muslim man walked into an Ikea in Sweden, grabbed a knife and cut off the head of a woman and killed her son? Now Ikea bans knives.

Source? Was it - the news?

I'm afraid it's you who doesn't know what happening, I'm on top of this.

So I see :-)

This post explains your OP - it's all come together to paint a very clear picture

Did you know?
After 4 Years of War, Why Are So Many Fleeing Syria Now? For Many, Support Just Ran Out.

What's incorrect is your complacency.

I accept that the world changes, but - what do you suggest? I asked you earlier - do you believe in cultural and ethnic segregation?

Japan should stay Japan.

Is that the Japan before we nuked it - or the one that came after, including the occupation and all the cultural changes that followed?

When I said you didn't understand what was really happening - this is what I was talking about:

Turkey's Erdogan sees signs of new wave of migrants from Syria's Aleppo

A new wave of migration might be starting following an increase in fighting in the Syrian province of Aleppo, where Syrian government and Russian warplanes are attacking opposition-held areas, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday.

Some 350,000 people live in opposition-held areas in the province and two thousand of those have so far moved towards the border with Turkey though they have not yet crossed, Izzet Sahin, international relations coordinator at the Humanitarian Relief Foundation (IHH) said.

Sahin of IHH, which established 19 internally displaced persons camps inside Syria, said around 80,000 people had fled Hama city because of air strikes, and were living in the open air in the countryside.

This situation is expanding. There will be more - and more - and more... This is something nobody is prepared for - but it's happening. How do we deal with this?

Look, we didn't have two world wars in the name of freedom to just open the god damn door to the ME because people are to afraid to say FU. There's so much violence in those nations and they still haven't evolved into the 21st century. It took Europe 2000 effing years to become the nations they are today. TWO thousand years! Are you getting any of this? What the hell have any ME nations contributed in terms to civility? They're still in the dark ages and you want to open the door.

Well - they're people - though you might not think so. And - they need help

What do you propose?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That's right Les - I am

If you watched the 10 minute excerpt you'll understand why. Or, maybe you won't - but some people will

And some people will surreptitiously connect those critical of Islam to Nazism and racism via the same avenue of false analogy, without the right to do so.

There are many anti-Muslim films out for viewing now with some very similar themes and arguments against the immigrants.

You are correct that there is uninformed stupidity on both sides of this issue.

There are some who probably believe all the immigrants are Muslim. Anti-muslim does not equate to anti-immigrant. For instance, I remember talk that asylum would be given to Syrian Christians as opposed to Syrian Muslims in Slovakia back in August. Same race, same homeland, same immigrant status, but different religion. The question is, is this due to xenophobia or is it for legitimate concerns? Is Slovakia guilty of the narcissism of small differences? We might be able to come back in a couple years and compare Slovakia to other countries to discover the results.

Is that what it sounds like? I'd like some balance - and some perspective

I thought this was an open forum - where we are free to present opposing points of view?

Would you like to silence me Les?

You're still my favorite baboon.

The method of silencing voices on this issue is to slander dissenters with charges of racism, nazism or bigotry, implying they are guilty by association, or that they are propagating hate. In the reverse, it is anti-progressive rhetoric. Do not fear—I would hope we are above such methodology.
edit on 22-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Source? Was it - the news?

speisa.com...
themuslimissue.wordpress.com...
www.theglobeandmail.com...
themuslimissue.wordpress.com...

Did you know?
After 4 Years of War, Why Are So Many Fleeing Syria Now? For Many, Support Just Ran Out.

Yes, sad for those trapped in that. So how do you explain all the men leaving their women and children behind? Don't misunderstand me, I have sympathy. But not for the young males coming over in droves. Kind of hard to have any sympathy for cowards leaving their women behind. Something doesn't equate.

Video 1. The interview...

Video 2. The next wave of migrants

A new wave of migration might be starting following an increase in fighting in the Syrian province of Aleppo, where Syrian government and Russian warplanes are attacking opposition-held areas, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday.

Look, this migration was underway WELL before Putin stepped in. I love how the spin doctor is in full effect. You want stability so everyone can go home? Put back the legitimate government. Bottom line. It's mercenaries paid off by SA, Turkey, MOSSAD and CIA. The entire operation is a western backed proxy war. To say otherwise shows you don't know the real reason for this. In fact, it's multi-faceted and Putin is putting an end to it now. USA 1 year and 5000 airstrikes and the problem was still getting worse. Putin spends three weeks and ISIS are cutting off their beards running like little girls.

Is that the Japan before we nuked it - or the one that came after, including the occupation and all the cultural changes that followed?

What does that have to do with anything?

I accept that the world changes, but - what do you suggest? I asked you earlier - do you believe in cultural and ethnic segregation?

I believe in cultural diversity that works well with the society the immigrate to. Not parallel societies in a nation of majority.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And some people will surreptitiously connect those critical of Islam to Nazism and racism via the same avenue of false analogy, without the right to do so.

Without the right? You must be joking

People are not amused by Nazi comparisons. Too dramatic. Conservatives seem to go for it more often than liberals - but liberals do it too. Weird - because it really happened. Seems like a perfectly legitimate benchmark to me

Doesn't matter Les - I wasn't calling anybody a Nazi. I linked that video as an example of propaganda, after I watched some of the OP's video, and then I said:

Here you go - 10 minutes - you asked us to watch yours - please - watch this... Anything seem familiar?

Funny - the reaction I got. From you. If you watch that 10 minute video (though I gather you've seen it already - who hasn't?) it's not hard to see how an entire group of people is being described for the viewer. Just like then - there are people who will watch something like this and begin to consider it the truth. It makes it easier to not feel for them and then deny people their basic human rights

But, we're too sophisticated for this sort of thing now - right?

The method of silencing voices on this issue is to slander dissenters with charges of racism, nazism or bigotry, implying they are guilty by association, or that they are propagating hate. In the reverse, it is anti-progressive rhetoric. Do not fear—I would hope we are above such methodology.

I was actually hoping for a discussion - not silence. The OP gave me exactly that - a discussion

You're the only one trying to shame someone into silence

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Funny - the reaction I got. From you. If you watch that 10 minute video (though I gather you've seen it already - who hasn't?) it's not hard to see how an entire group of people is being described for the viewer. Just like then - there are people who will watch something like this and begin to consider it the truth. It makes it easier to not feel for them and then deny people their basic human rights

Like I said, they are incomparable. It is a false analogy.

I understand it gives you the bad feelings. You don't like what you hear, I get it. I know because I feel the same way. To quote Ben Affleck, "it's racist and...gross".

I admire and advocate your scepticism. But there are people who will watch this and consider it an untruth based on nothing but their own feelings. If it has not been proven to be untrue, why shouldn't someone consider it the truth?

You're the only one trying to shame someone into silence

Do you feel shamed? There go those feelings again. Don't worry, I know what it is like to support unpopular opinions. However, yours are quite popular.

I have never dismissed a single thing you've written. I wonder if I've been afforded the same respect?

Hell, let's go back to ignoring each other like the good ol days. I don't want words to make you feel bad. Cheers, old friend.
edit on 22-10-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Like I said, they are incomparable. It is a false analogy.

You need to pay attention to what people are saying Les - and not just what you want to say

As for the rest -

:-)

Seriously?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I couldn't log back into ATS for a while. Now I realize - really nothing left to discuss

Are you getting any of this? What the hell have any ME nations contributed in terms to civility? They're still in the dark ages and you want to open the door.

Yes, I'm getting this - all of it. I mean, how am I supposed to argue with that?

A guide to the worst refugee crisis since WWII

The majority of the refugees are from Syria. More than four million Syrian refugees are registered with the UN. Another seven million have been internally displaced. Over half of the entire population of the country has been uprooted since 2011.

Worldwide displacement hits all-time high as war and persecution increase

Globally, one in every 122 humans is now either a refugee, internally displaced, or seeking asylum. If this were the population of a country, it would be the world's 24th biggest.

"We are witnessing a paradigm change, an unchecked slide into an era in which the scale of global forced displacement as well as the response required is now clearly dwarfing anything seen before," said UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres.t

You haven't offered any solutions to your Muslim problem - but here's some sobering information to go with your sobering documentary

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join