It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution and science SHOULD be taught in church. ( alongside ID/Creationism )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Mine is a Cardiac Nurse.. how about yours?

I think our choices in education worked out quite well.
edit on 20-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Ah yes, you have just explained micro religion or adaptation, but how do you know that macro religion exists?

If macro religion is real, then why are there still other religions?

Explain that one, hot shot!

Those are just adaptations... one with god other with allah...

I always wonder how they explain that God changed his mind so often... and created so many different 'wrong' religions?!

Why so many different 'creation' stories as well?

Wasn't one prophet enough?? Everyone had to have their own??

So many questions for scientific mind in church...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ever heard of separation of church and state?

Or does that only work one way. We will not teach your ideas but you should teach our ideas.

It is not the responsibility of the church to teach ideas they don't fully support to make nonbelievers happy .

Sounds to me like you would like the state to dictate what must be taught in church but at the same time forbid the state from teaching the churches ideas. That is exactly what the constitution was forbidding , state interference in what churches teach.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

There are "many Gods" due to the Watchers and the scattering of Nimrod's Empire.

The Watchers set themselves up as "God's" and corrupted the flesh of both humans and animals. Thus the flood.

After the flood, Nimrod set up what you would call "The Tower Of Babel, reviving the Watcher worship of the past.

Once scattered, the same Watchers were worshiped under different names.

Just FYI.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Ever heard of separation of church and state?

Or does that only work one way. We will not teach your ideas but you should teach our ideas.

It is not the responsibility of the church to teach ideas they don't fully support to make nonbelievers happy .

Sounds to me like you would like the state to dictate what must be taught in church but at the same time forbid the state from teaching the churches ideas. That is exactly what the constitution was forbidding , state interference in what churches teach.

Thank you for pointing obvious reason I started this topic...

Just as science/state should not tell church what to teach... religion should not try to tell science what to teach.

Now, please explain that to our religious friends here on ATS...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So if a hundred tornadoes went through one hundred forests, what is the chance that it assembles a perfectly functioning bible?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Full disclosure, I am not religious in the least bit.

First and foremost, evolution has nothing to do with creationism. Evolution explains the diversity of life, not the origin of life. Therefore, it has very little in common with religious creationism. I'm not sure why people still don't understand this simple premise but whatever.

I disagree with the premise that both "should" be promoted in church. I think a state forced doctrine within the church is antithetical to religious freedom. Now if any church wants to willingly promote and teach the scientific method then by all means go for it.

In my opinion the church is the place where people have the latitude to freely practice whatever faith without state intervention so long as it doesn't actively endorse and act on a violent doctrine. This is your freedom of religion.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Ah yes, you have just explained micro religion or adaptation, but how do you know that macro religion exists?

If macro religion is real, then why are there still other religions?

Explain that one, hot shot!

Those are just adaptations... one with god other with allah...

I always wonder how they explain that God changed his mind so often... and created so many different 'wrong' religions?!

sadly it's man who's created so many "wrong" religions.

Why so many different 'creation' stories as well?

as civilisation grows and evolves they carry with them their own mythologies, and when two civilsations clash, these mthologies combine.. the genesis creation myth for instance was partly adapted from the earlier Mesopotamian mythology to fit their monotheistic belief.

Wasn't one prophet enough?? Everyone had to have their own??

Shared experiences across populations and civilisations over centuries leads to this kind of thing.

So many questions for scientific mind in church...

doesn't happen as often as it needs to.

xD

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So if a hundred tornadoes went through one hundred forests, what is the chance that it assembles a perfectly functioning bible?

Have you ever seen bible write itself on sand on beach???

Or 15 God's commandments?!

edit on 20-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: Fixed video...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Oh. So fun.

I have never seen God create anything in front of my very eyes but I read about it in books, seen videos, listened to teachers, and have read a lot about it on the internet.

How about Evolution? Have you seen it or just believe in it from what you have been told, books, videos, teachers, and research on the internet?

LOL
edit on 20-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
I have never seen God create anything in front of my very eyes

Sure, play that game, who did see it? Where they there when he created earth, first human or what else he created??

Who documented it and by what account???

All we ask is just little evidence... not much...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Everything is belief/faith. No one knows anything as absolute truth outside of themselves (and that is a stretch) or outside of well-defined arenas. Let he/she who has never been wrong throw the first truth.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby
Everything is belief/faith. No one knows anything as absolute truth outside of themselves (and that is a stretch) or outside of well-defined arenas. Let he/she who has never been wrong throw the first truth.

Do you know if 1 + 1 is 2??

How about root of 4 or 3rd power of 3??

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
I have never seen God create anything in front of my very eyes

Sure, play that game, who did see it? Where they there when he created earth, first human or what else he created??

Who documented it and by what account???

All we ask is just little evidence... not much...

it is by examining the evidence left behind that science is able to form a testable hypothesis and verifiable theory.
its findings are published regularly.

science assumes nothing, its job is to remove assumptions. it does not take a position on whether or not God did what they are studying, as that would create unnecessary assumptions and complicate the research.

This is why science and religion are compatible, as long as the religion is not fundamentalist. Science should be understood for what it is. If the bible tells the story, scientific study of the earth fills in the details.
edit on 20-10-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

Do you know if 1 + 1 is 2??

How about root of 4 or 3rd power of 3??

I have a PhD in Mathematics. Perhaps my reference to well-defined arenas went over your head.

EDIT: Nevermind
edit on 10/20/2015 by TycoonBarnaby because: meh

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No because you aren't required by law to attend church, nor is any church required by law to educate your children. Schools are and that's why they need to be unbiased in their curriculum.

Furthermore, this is a response thread to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and should be closed. If I had my thread posted in response to a NLBS thread about the Constitution closed why is thread allowed to continue?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I am well aware of the fairy tales of which you speak. In the sixth grade I watched a cartoon in which the fish repeatedly threw themselves onto the beach in a vane attempt to breath out of water. Thankfully, when one of the fish was finally able to take a breath, he grew feet and walked into the jungle where he some how gave birth to chickens. Honestly, the only evolution I see happening is the evolution of Darwin's idea.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

I am well aware of the fairy tales of which you speak. In the sixth grade I watched a cartoon in which the fish repeatedly threw themselves onto the beach in a vane attempt to breath out of water. Thankfully, when one of the fish was finally able to take a breath, he grew feet and walked into the jungle where he some how gave birth to chickens. Honestly, the only evolution I see happening is the evolution of Darwin's idea.

Glad it got to you....

Much easier to imagine poof and everything created then believe those silly scientist that it took almost 4 billion years of evolution to get here, after 5 mass extinction events, and one going on right now...

Thankfully, you don't have to watch cartoons anymore...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Even PhD and unable to answer simple question?

Care to explain what you mean by well defined arenas??

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well I edited it out, but here is a link that might help you: en.wikipedia.org...

Also, in the set [0, 1] (sadly my curly brackets are not showing up?) under normal rules of modulo addition, 1 + 1 = 0.

EDIT: And if you want to be picky, what is the "root" of 4? Square root? Cube root? Perhaps your language could be more well-defined.
edit on 10/20/2015 by TycoonBarnaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/20/2015 by TycoonBarnaby because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join