It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the dolphin an extraterrestrial race

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
I would make a kick ass dolphin
....but just think if doplhins did have guns....haha a dolphin with an m-16 now thats funny
[Edited on 17-6-2003 by Osobad28]

The US army still use some dolphins to bring seabombs...

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
nope, they are just fish.

If they were super intellgent don't you think they would have protected themselves from all the fishemen who kill them in their nets?

We don't think dogs are extraterrestrial, dolphins are just like dogs, so lets not anthropomorphise the animals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh crap, here we go again,

They are not fish they are mammals like ourselves; they just like water.I do not blame them washing my feet is a pain.
If we were intelligent we would not pay taxes!
Dogs are lesser they have no idea why they want to come in or out.

tut tut

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Aquatic dogs...

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
The US army still use some dolphins to bring seabombs...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Um, I think you meen 3rd dimensional.
4th dimensional is time, they are not that smart...
Birds fly better than us, fish swim better, cheetahs run faster, elephants stomp heavier, butterfys flutterby faster, bacteria breeds faster, parakeets squawk louder ... are then these more intelligent than us?

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Behaviorly, dolphins are 4th dimensional beings since they can navigate both horizontally AND vertically. A lifetime in the ocean with that speed gives them advantage over us. The only problem is that our 4th dimensional skills are so poor (i.e. deep sea fishing) that we manage to kill off a truly amazing species by complete accident. Realizing that, they're much smarter.

But this will is another debate :

Why mankind dominate on all the species on earth ?..

Great Question...

My theory is different because I meant... Do you think Dolphins could be in fact the last decendant of the atlantide people or something like that...

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Now I just thought of this so bear with me, but has anyone heard of the aquatic ape theory? It says that humans have developed this way because they spent some or most of their time in the water. What if some stayed in the water and developed into dolphins.

Maybe not, but... Maybe.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
no no, man the aquatic ape theory is interesting but I think hairless humans are more of a result of the most efficent body cooling system ever.

What I find wierd is the cheetah. I was reading that for many reasons cheetahs have many characteristics of a genetically created species. But I don't recall the specifics...

Can anyone elaborate about this?

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Xaos,

YES... we had to learn about the aquatic ape theory in an anthro class I took at college. Though everyone kinda laughed at it, I thought it was pretty clever...

Which reminds me, if you look at a lot of abduction stories, the greys occasionally refer to us as 'water-humans' (no, I didn't get that from nancy lieder's site... this was talked about years before she ascended to cult status). Might this be in reference to the water ape period of our history??? I don't believe so, but, still...

As for dolphins, there is no evidence that shows that we are closely related to them.. The november 2002 (or was it 2001) national geogrpahic had a pretty interesting story on how whales and dolphins evolved, for those interested.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Dolphins are probably every bit as smart as humans but they have 1 problem. They have no way of making any sort of tools because they don't have any hands or fingers, they just have fins.

Because of this, they are pretty much worthless when it comes to doing anything but swimming and having sex.

Until dolphins develop some way of making tools, they will forever be nothing more than food or entertainment for us.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
How do we know that those long streams of 'clicks' that they send back and forth aren't poetry, sometimes?

just an idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trader

I read somewhere that dolphins generally have higher problem solving capabilities than human beings.

I suppose this is because Dolphins don't have as many problems to solve as humans........they don't have to pay taxes for a start

But seriously, If dolphins were aliens, I don't think they would have taken so much abuse from fishermen and the like..........they would have kicked our butts by now! Just my opinion though

by the way Trader, love the Sephiroth avatar

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trader
The site is not a real help.

I read somewhere that dolphins generally have higher problem solving capabilities than human beings.

Of course, this would mean they have higher IQs, but the problem is measuring it accurately.

Um, why did it post this? Just a little bug i suppose......

[Edited on 28-6-2003 by chebob]

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How do we know that cow moos arn't a deeply complex philosophical discussion about the meaning of life?

Dolphins are symbolic of the greenie / nature loving / tree hugging / new age / Giaia movement. As a result they are romanicised and mytholised far above what they actually are...

Talented fish, aquatic dogs ....

Of all aquatic mammals these are the most anthropomorphisied, that is given human attributes to a non human being. We are becoming like people who are dog obsessed and say that their poodle is just as intelligent as they are.

Can't we just appreciate them as the animals they are instead of trying to tag them with the fantasies of being super intelligent, or aliens etc. They have done nothing to show that they are at the levels of humans. They have done everything to show they are at the level of dogs, horses and cats.

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
How do we know that those long streams of 'clicks' that they send back and forth aren't poetry, sometimes?

just an idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
NetChicken,
I KNEW that you would pounce on that one...

Yes, dolphins are the hippie-friendly animal of our times, but I'm not some hippie who's high on 'ganja' right now...

Dolphins have large brains that are as large in relation to their bodies as ours are. Their 'clicks' also aren't composed of one, two, three, or even twenty types of sounds...scientist who've studied them report finding a wide variety of distinct sounds that seem to be fashioned for whatever particular occasion that they're in... that is, they don't just 'moo' the same way everytime they spot a human.

Cattle have small brains (in comparison to humans, dolphins, chimps...) in relation to their bodies, CANNOT learn 'tricks', and make sounds that only have a few variations.

And, of course, dolphins aren't fish... nor should you want to eat them

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
When dolphines log onto the internet and goto a websight to talk about the humans , they are just animals that had nothing to do with human evolution and are inteligent as far as problem solving and learning tricks. maybe even communication but there is nothing more special about a dolphin then there is about a beatel or hippo , does anyone agree?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Do we know about the evolution of Dolphins?
I mean, did we really research everything about them?
What ancestors they had and all?

I wonder since quite some time about a book I've read (it was an horror story that played in the Lovecraftverse, but anyways) in which one character claims the evolution of the dolphins is going the other way round.

From once intelligent being to mindless mammal.
Abstract, I know ^^

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I highly doubt dolphins are aliens. Why take abuse from humans? And if aliens, how they get here? They obviously have no hands, so how to control? Maybe the clicks control it? But if they were aliens, I doubt the government/NWO/whatever would allow them to live. They are too paranoid. Anyways, dolphins are mammals, not aliens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join