It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the dolphin an extraterrestrial race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
More involved than humans ?

Have you still heard about this theory ?
What you think of it ?

[Edited on 11-6-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A long time ago, our descendants crawled out of the sea. Dolphins may simply be that ancestor that stayed in the ocean....
Smart yes....but I don't see any dolphins going to the moon anytime soon, of their own devising....

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
A long time ago, our descendants crawled out of the sea. Dolphins may simply be that ancestor that stayed in the ocean....
Smart yes....but I don't see any dolphins going to the moon anytime soon, of their own devising....

It's an old theory, that maybe you still have heard about... Heu.. Gaz... I dont see any human getting so deep in the ocean without any equipement

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
More involved than humans ?

Have you still heard about this theory ?
What you think of it ?

[Edited on 11-6-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

www.dolphinmatrix.com...

Just take a look and tell if it helps

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The site is not a real help.

I read somewhere that dolphins generally have higher problem solving capabilities than human beings.

Of course, this would mean they have higher IQs, but the problem is measuring it accurately.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Heu.. Gaz... I dont see any human getting so deep in the ocean without any equipement

Point is, we can develop an adaptation to allow us to do so, and we can go deeper, faster, than any dolphin on the planet with our own inventions...now can't we?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Dolphins are extreamly smart but humans are still smarter.

here is an short link about dolphin evolutionwww.t-d-e.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
nope, they are just fish.

If they were super intellgent don't you think they would have protected themselves from all the fishemen who kill them in their nets?

We don't think dogs are extraterrestrial, dolphins are just like dogs, so lets not anthropomorphise the animals.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Dolphins aren't just fish who stayed in the ocean while our ancestors emerged onto land. They were once four legged mammals that, because they lived around the shores of the oceans, like sea otters today, gradually evolved to become a fully sea going mammal.

The technicality about them being mammals is important because it means that they posses the larger, more developed brain of a mammal.

Now, I've read that the dolphin brain is larger, in proportion, to its body than even the human brain, but that this extra, realitive size is dedicated to a larger visual cortex... the 'thinking' parts of their brains are not larger than our own.

But thinking isn't just a matter of raw brain size. In reality, they may be nearly as intelligent as humans, but, as their environment, 'society', and biology is different than ours, their 'minds', that is, the very worldview that they live in, would be considerably different than ours... Simply put, they might not perceive space and time the way we do. .. so, there may not be a way to directly compare our intelligences.

Still, I imagine that, as they seem to have a form of intelligent communication, that they may have a 'culture' of some sort.

As for ET's being their descendants, I think that it *may* be possible that ETs descended from an ancestor held in common with them-- most likely their still amphibious forebears (I'd speculate more, but I wouldn't want Byrd to make me look dumb).

Jim

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Bees have a language, chimps have a culture, elephants have a bigger brain than humans, doesn't make them more intelligent or even as good as humans.

Lots of beings have a culture and communication among themselves, like baboons. so what? These just happen to be aquatic baboons...

Eat them and enjoy it I say

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
If they were super intellgent don't you think they would have protected themselves from all the fishemen who kill them in their nets?

Well that's human life also. Men are caught in the nets of other men and killed, so are we intelligent?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Wel, I guess no, not with a comment like that

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Well that's human life also. Men are caught in the nets of other men and killed, so are we intelligent?

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Behaviorly, dolphins are 4th dimensional beings since they can navigate both horizontally AND vertically. A lifetime in the ocean with that speed gives them advantage over us. The only problem is that our 4th dimensional skills are so poor (i.e. deep sea fishing) that we manage to kill off a truly amazing species by complete accident. Realizing that, they're much smarter.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Wel, I guess no, not with a comment like that

Originally posted by Illmatic67

lol, funny.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Um, I think you meen 3rd dimensional.
4th dimensional is time, they are not that smart...
Birds fly better than us, fish swim better, cheetahs run faster, elephants stomp heavier, butterfys flutterby faster, bacteria breeds faster, parakeets squawk louder ... are then these more intelligent than us?

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Behaviorly, dolphins are 4th dimensional beings since they can navigate both horizontally AND vertically. A lifetime in the ocean with that speed gives them advantage over us. The only problem is that our 4th dimensional skills are so poor (i.e. deep sea fishing) that we manage to kill off a truly amazing species by complete accident. Realizing that, they're much smarter.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't think that everyone here is saying that they are more intelligent than us... just that they are intelligent, and may, perhaps, possess some sort of awareness.

And, yes, Peacock's dance better than us... but Dolphins live in an environment where they are constantly communicating with each other, and where this communication is the only thing they have to interact with. Let me put it this way: Imagine you just floated in the air all day, and, besides catching birds to eat could ONLY talk with other people... It might be reasonable to assume that you would, in time, develop a non-technological culture of some sort (as it is, though, humans DO spend the lion's share of their days exchanging both information and personal observations/perceptions with each other).

Yeah, I'm not saying that Dolphins can build rocketships... just that they might have some form of dolphin culture.

Also, check out the November(?) 2001 issue of National Geographic. It talks about how whales and their cousins evolved from land animals.

Jim

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   

nope, they are just fish.

We don't think dogs are extraterrestrial, dolphins are just like dogs, so lets not anthropomorphise the animals.

They are not fish !

The are mamals, like us. They need air to live, like us. That's why I posted this thread, because, to be mamals and breath air, they should be an evolution of a kinds creatures who lived on earth...

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hiroshima, Nagazaki...
First thing human did when they found the roswell shuttle ? They used the tech to build weapons.

Maybe Dolphins really have a better life...
But also for dolphins, humans try to turn them into weapons...

Illmatic is right, humans are not so cute... They makes tricks, build nets to finally catch themselves...

[Edited on 15-6-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
They are diffently not trying to become extinct again.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would make a kick ass dolphin
....but just think if doplhins did have guns....haha a dolphin with an m-16 now thats funny

[Edited on 17-6-2003 by Osobad28]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join