It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conceptualizing For New Oil Painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm now working on a collage style oil painting, working on new concepts that were also inspirations to me working on a different project. I'm still trying to determine the size of the painting but i know that I'm not then certain I want to work no smaller then 7ft length by 11ft height. I'll be using this thread to start posting sketches, working concepts and work on the actual painting alongside other things including my selection of materials, techniques I choose to utilize, with my ever changing vision, mentality, and frustrations.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

7x11 get lucky amigo!!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
You can't ignore something larger then life, you cannot un-see something I chose this size because in my opinion I believe this is the only I can really communicate with people far above and beyond my ability or lack of ability to speak. This way I can speak to people no matter what language they speak and remain relative. I hope I become a successful working artist for this reason alone.

edit on 20-10-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Your reasons are the same reasons I chose film as my expressive medium.

I hope you become a successful working artist as well. Submit to our gallery when you are ready.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
What gallery? I'm not sure about what you mean.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Do a landscape of what the new Star Wars world SHOULD have looked like, rather than the backlot of Pinewood like it does now.

Sorry, still disappointed in that trailer.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot
I'm not very big into doing fan art. I do appreciate what others do but its just not my thing. Thank you though for your input, and as a matter of fact I'm soon to do an acrylic painting of darth Vader. The only and I mean only reason I agreed to do it, is because a woman stumbled upon the welding shop saw me work on my comic book and went on about her 24 year old son with down syndrome and he loves Darth Vader because of the reflections on his mask. I couldn't say no.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A warm uo sketch study before I continue working my paint concept.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join