It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black eyed baby.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I came upon this facebook post whilst reading one of my friends comments. Is it a common occurance for babies to have black eyes? Seeing that 8 months onwards and a new pictures of the child the eyes are somewhat normal I wond what the medical term is for it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Apparently "true", natural black eye color isn't found in people anatomynotes.hubpages.com...

Some people with a lot of melanin in their eyes might appear to have black eyes depending on the lighting conditions. This is not truly black, however, but simply a very dark brown.

edit on 20-10-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

WoW! That's creepy. I guess it's not that uncommon. Hope they turn

www.whattoexpect.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Apparently "true", natural black eye color isn't found in people anatomynotes.hubpages.com...

Some people with a lot of melanin in their eyes might appear to have black eyes depending on the lighting conditions. This is not truly black, however, but simply a very dark brown.

Oh right I didn't know that. Man thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's not that uncommon, my brother had black eyes when he was born. Or maybe it was the fact my Dad took lots of black and white photographs of him as a baby?

No seriously, he had black eyes, that eventually turned brown, just like mine.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
In the case of that photo I think it's just a combination of beautiful deep blue eyes and bad lighting. All of the colors in that first photo look off.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I had a cousin that to this day we argue over what the color of her eyes were.

It became a ritual that every time we visited her or she visited us, out came the flashlight for us to see if anything had changed.

The area around close to the white of her eye looked to be a very dark brown, but the central part of the iris, we had trouble accepting the color to be dark brown. It just simply looked black.

So who knows? She was by far, not the only odd one in my mega Heinz 57 family.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My daughter had very dark blue eyes when she was born and under just the right lighting, they looked black. Low light, crappy camera and no flash can make pictures look weird. People trying get attention and manipulating them works too. There are no naturally black eyed people.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yup. Same thing with our son. When he was born, his eyes looked deep black unless viewed in the light. Even then, they were a very dark blue. And now, 19 months later, they're a bright blue.

The short explanation is that it takes some time for the melanin to develop in the iris.

top topics

join