It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great News: Nestlé To Be Sued For Californian Drought Crimes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Consider this a follow up thread to this one...Nestles - I Am No Longer Sure They Deserve Us As Consumers, Are You?

I took the time to list just a few of the products and companies that they are responsible for inflicting us humans with. I am not sure if many of you realize the worldwide impact this company has, but after you read this list, perhaps it will dawn on you, we use a lot of their products and I am just not so sure they deserve us as consumers.

I saw this and wanted to make it a point to emphasize once again how diabolical this company is. I am glad they have found a way to sue these bastards.

Great News: Nestlé To Be Sued For Californian Drought Crimes

Campaign group The Story Of Stuff Project have just announced they will be pursuing legal action against Nestlé for illegally extracting groundwater in California for its Arrowhead brand, which has been a key contributor to the State’s drought crisis.
Thanks to generous donations from a huge number of furious citizens, The Story Of Stuff Project was able to raise enough money to film a mini-documentary called ‘This land is our land’. It tells the story of Nestlé’s removal of millions of gallons of water from the San Bernardino National Forest- and it details evidence of criminal activity by one of the world’s most unethical corporations.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Another source: www.thedailymeal.com...

It sounds like the U.S. Forest Service is getting sued though, not Nestle the company.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I live in California, as much as I'd like to see something come of this…

the only future I see in litigation is stretched out over a decade, costing billions of tax payer dollars, resulting in a puny fine and another law the company won't obey either.

Corporations rule.

Meanwhile, those people that got the plant in Sacramento shutdown with protest?

Thats my idea of action…

Whatitakes...

edit on 20-10-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sounds like controlled opposition.

After reading the article headline, most people will automatically think the problem is over.

In the meantime .....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This is good news indeed! We'll see what comes of it... but if it raises awareness and makes people think and question the bureaucratic critters selling us out and giving soulless corporations our sustenance and vital resources, it's still a good thing.

Thank you for linking your previous thread with the list of Nestle products. I'll miss my Stouffer's Mac & Cheese, but Breyer's will easily replace Dryers and Hagen Daz, and Arrowhead water tastes like crap anyway so I never ever buy it anyway!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am MAD, mad and rant at this name. They aught to be prosecuted for changing their name.
It's NESTLES that's nestles not nestlaaa. Remember an advert in the sixties a smarmy little kid dressed as a cowboy with over sizes round glasses? Remember the song that went with it? It was NESTLES milky bar. NOT NESTLAAA.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
meh, it doesn`t matter the damage is done if the lose and have to pay a big fine it will be their customers who pay it through higher prices for nestle products. The ceo and shareholders will still be making collecting their money.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sparkletts Water in Los Angeles is a great second option to buy from.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Would the penalty be Nestle is required to pour out all of their bottled water into California reservoirs?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The only way Nestle can be sued criminally is if the government does it, a private group can only sue civilly.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am happy to see this. Water and oxygen should be free.

These guys are as bad as Monsanto.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am happy to see this. Water and oxygen should be free.

These guys are as bad as Monsanto.

But nobody makes people buy their, or anyone else's, bottled water.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Pa reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you are one of the privileged ones like myself who has water hookups at your residence?

Isn't it amazing how people complain about a product that they don't have to buy?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I do have a well on my property but I am also hooked to the city water supply.

My bill comes to a whopping $25-30 a month. But this is besides the point, I do not drink bottled water like in the Original Post as I think it is a scam. I will purchase Italian mineral water on occasion but this is only because I have an acquired taste for it from travel.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

San Pallegrino aranciata rossa is freakn good if you haven't you should give it a try.

e come il cielo

I do agree bottled water is a scam and an environmental nightmare.
edit on 20-10-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Lacrime di angeli.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You or your parents from Italy? What part?

My dad hails from Sicily and i have became a citizen a few years back (duel) and it was so simple as long as you can prove jure sanguinis and it will make it easier for my wife to get her duel soon.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
You or your parents from Italy? What part?

Mom is from outside of Benevento and dad is from Positano. I also have dual citizenship.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Some other crazy sh#t I saw in southern California are avocado orchards in bone dry lands. Tons of sprinklers constantly watering the orchard. I feel for those farmers but prob not the best place to be growing Avocado.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Yeah well anyone that lives in California really is a bit crazy to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join