It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

notable train occurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Text
It's obviously I don't post here much, if at all comment, but that is probably neither be here nor there [to unavailingly use that saying].

I had left dinner with friends, catching a train back to my city. Upon entering a cart, I was searching for an open chair, if not one next to another. I sat in between two persons--one in front and the other behind me--only noticing the forward person. I sat, making brief eye contact, returning my attention elsewhere. In my peripherals, I noticed the person I made brief eye contact with had averted his gaze normally, but then returned his gaze within two seconds either at me or past me; I did not return, but became aware.

I couldn't shake my attention from this being in front of me, no matter how many thoughts I pushed forward.

I became a little worried, unsure why I couldn't ignore a stranger among X number of strangers in an open train carriage. Sitting in a two-seated section, this male suddenly slide from the right seat to the left (I was on the lefthand side of my seating). IMMEDIATELY I was overwhelmed with fear, having already processed initial suspicion, and got up to leave my seat heading in the opposite direction of this person.

This is when I noticed a female seated behind me--that I had briefly noted her seating beforehand when trying to find my own seat. She tried to make eye contact, either before or after she slid to make room for me. I did not look back again, busying myself in a seat farther down the carriage. I shook the thought of them maybe a minute after finding a new seat, confident that something took place.

I'm unsure what I think I know what was going on, and I certainly am asking anyone if this sounds familiar. The thought of the pair didn't return until I was ascending from the train station.

edit on 20-10-2015 by elg3cko because: missing words, grammatical

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Pickpockets?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: elg3cko

Also, to note, I edited my signature to a new quote; the former being from Camus. I had to recover my password from last logging in >_______> Decidedly changed the line to another.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Possibly. A friend has been a victim in a grocery line regarding a pair of female and male.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

To be fair, the probably did notice I was at least drunk, but not overwhelmingly so. I was able to read my book and listen to music through earphones, without worrying about anything else but them.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Admittedly, I feel a bit silly about this. Maybe they were just pickpockets, targeting an intoxicated person. I'm merely trying not to ignore a strong feeling that this was different.

I have had other incidents where I suspected someone following me or a group of us, and it was valid. Nothing came of previous incidents other than a retreat or long-standing glance from a distance.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Pickpockets,thieves or worse? What matters is nothing happened as you went on yellow alert when you felt they attempted to mark you.

I applaud your paranoia.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

Thank you! It's a bit reassuring, you and SlowNail pointing that out. I'm glad nothing came of it as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Nothing to feel silly about. Some people are more perceptive. Sounds like it's serving you well. Happy days.

top topics

join