It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 reasons (and hundreds more) on why it's a good thing that Harper is gone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Here in Canada we just had a federal election (as you can see by the numerous other threads on the matter). As with all political matters, there are people whom are incredibly passionate when it comes to which political party they support. Fortunately, a lot of the parties in Canada have similar interests and goals to some extent; so for me, I can agree with some aspects within all the separate parties. The issue with Harper is that he was the closest thing to a Dictator that Canada has ever had.

Harper has been the Prime Minister of Canada for about 10 years now, and here are some reasons why it's a good thing he is gone.

The Canadian War on Science: A long, unexaggerated, devastating chronological indictment

1. Electoral fraud in 2011 and involved in irregular elections in both 2006 and 2008
2. Contempt of parliament
3. Multiple prorogations of parliament to avoid confidence motions
4. More than 150 billion dollars of debt
5. Eight straight deficits
6. C-51.
7. Cut 36 billion from health care
8. Northern Gateway approved despite an ongoing court case with First Nations and an illegitimate environmental review.
9. Anti-democratic omnibus "budget" bills (such as C-38 and C-45) that were more meant to gut environmental legislation than take care of financial matters.
10. The “Fair Elections Act” which makes it harder for traditional non-Harper voters to cast ballots.
11. Bill C-24, which created two-tiered citizenship for Canadians
12. Sabotaged international climate negotiations and failed to meaningfully reduce Canada's emissions
13. Clandestine trade deals such as FIPA with China, and CETA with Europe
14. Attacked the CBC and stacked its board with Conservative donors
15. Went after a disproportionate number of environmental and social justice charities
16. Gagged and fired government scientists in the area of climate science
17. The Senate scandal(Duffy, Meredith, Brazeau and others)
18. Handling of the F-35 situation
19. Eliminated the long form census
20. Spent more than 750 million dollars on advocacy advertising for such things as "Canada's Economic Action Plan", including promoting legislation not yet passed in parliament
21. Ongoing sales of arms to the Saudis, one of the most repressive regimes in the world
22. Cancelled the Kelowna Accord and has shown complete contempt for working with our Native People.
23. Continued to slash foreign aid and merged the Canadian International Development Agency with the Department of Foreign Affairs.
24. Sold the Canadian Wheat Board to the Saudis
25. Increased spending on prisons despite a forty year low in crime.
26. Closed down Veterans offices
27. War with ISIS.
28. Withdrew from virtually every international treaty we were part of
29. Lost out on a seat on the UN Security Council
30. Spent a billion dollars on the G8/G20 summit.
31. Unconditional support for Israel and possible hate crime charges for criticizing Israeli foreign policy
32. Refused to participate in nationally televised leaders debates.
33. Removed the per-vote subsidy to stack elections odds in Conservatives favour.
34. Shut down debate in parliament more than a hundred times
35. Closed coast guard stations
36. Ended Canada Post delivery in urban areas.
37. The Omar Khadr situation
38. Weakened pesticide regulations
39. Fired Linda Keen for reporting an unsafe nuclear reactor
40. Refused to sign the UN declaration on water being a human right, and UN declaration on rights of indigenous people.
41. Reneged on promise to stop billions in oil subsidies
42. The only country who withdrew from the Kyoto Protocol
43. Elimination of the long gun registry, and retroactively rewrote gun registry to avoid RCMP charges
44. Broke the Atlantic Accord
45. Passed C-36, a law that will likely put women involved in the sex trade at greater risk.
46. Cancelled the home energy retrofit program.
47. Income splitting implemented, despite only helping 15% of the population. 48. Cutbacks to food inspection services.
49. Dean Del Mastro, Bruce Carson, Bev Oda, Chuck Cadman, Arthur Porter
50. Repeatedly being in violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and fighting with Supreme Court

Sure, there are some negative things we can pick and choose from just about every political leader, and in some cases you just need to vote for the person who sucks the least.

In the end of it all, though, it's not a matter that the conservatives didn't continue to run our government, it's just that it was a great choice by the Canadian citizens to ensure Harper didn't continue to run our government.
edit on 20/10/15 by Ghost147 because: Fixed link

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
51. They can finally rename the HARPER GOV'T back to the Gov't of Canada.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Link seems busted, goes to an auto blank page for me.

Lots of info to process here, which is good because I need a crash course.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
51. They can finally rename the HARPER GOV'T back to the Gov't of Canada.

Thank goodness! Sounds a lot like it's for the people, not the individual in charge

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Link seems busted, goes to an auto blank page for me.

Lots of info to process here, which is good because I need a crash course.

Sorry about that! The link is fixed

edit on 20/10/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

51. Pot will finally be removed from the Demonized List of evils, and in turn will heal people and create a new base for means towards 'economic good' for the people of Canada.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Sounds like a vile man. Glad you got ride of the scumbag.

Id expect a politician of his "calibre " in the USA not canada!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I could add more but it gets me so upset at the horrific things taking place, murder of civilians and children.

Good thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
He ruined my Internet, thats bastrd! Cant even download something without worry about my ISP sending me a
"Letter of Infringement"..

With the current generation.. you mess with internet your are out.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I could add more but it gets me so upset at the horrific things taking place, murder of civilians and children.

Good thread.

Is it the murdered/missing indigenous women and children issue that he basically ignored?

I know it might be painful, but I'd still like to know

new topics

top topics

join