It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My best mate just died

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My cat has passed, I'm so devastated he was my best mate, got him when i was 5.

he is 17 years old part burmese, black (don't have any pics unfortunately)
he was old but had a great life filled with happiness and love.
I found him face down in the pool this afternoon,not 100% sure what happened but i think he had a seizure and fell in. for the last 6 months he's had about 5 seizures something wasn't right with him, my aunty who is a vet living in Ireland thinks he might have had a brain tumour.

so at the moment all i can say is rest in peace. his name was rimsky, my mother named him that apparently after a Russian musician or something.

best cat in the world.
edit on 19 10 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

edit on 19 10 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

my sincerest condolences... but worry not, We will see our friends again one day

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Thanks mate, that poem was actually really nice.

Hopefully hes enjoying a peaceful afterlife.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Makes me cry every time I read it... lol

But I truly believe it, and miss the friends I've lost over the years

I look forward to that day

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you. 17 years is a good long time for a cat and it seems you got to spend some of the best years with your dear cat. I thank my dear cats from childhood for some of the dearest memories.
May you find peace and comfort in your memories of your best mate and may you two one day be reunited in heaven.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Its never easy losing a loved one and although I'm not religious its still a comforting thought.

Now i now why people are religious.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss, as you have already stated yourself, your cat was suffering from seizures..he is not suffering any more and he is free of that stuff.

He will always be with you, you should rejoice that he is in a better place free from pain

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sorry about your kitty.
Rimsky Korsakov is one my favorite composers.

edit on 19-10-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thanks i do have a lot of dear memories with him.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

Its never easy losing a loved one and although I'm not religious its still a comforting thought.

Now i now why people are religious.

No religion here lol...

Spiritual perhaps...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Oh no

RIP rimpsky.

Time to remember the good times you had with him.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Unfortunately your vid doesn't work but i will look into it. Thanks

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

when i said religious, what i really meant was belief in a god or higher power, so spiritual yes.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thank you every one for your kind words.

Im just going to have a nice remembrance day.

Remembering the good times we had together growing up.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sorry you lost your friend, Ozsheeple. Emotional connection to a loved pet is a wonderful gift.

Thanks Akragon for the poem, made me cry too. Miss three of my friends and am so grateful for the love they gave me.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shockedonlooker

Thanks and sorry to hear about your friends.

RIP all deceased friends.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I feel so badly for your loss. I love dogs too, but nothing beats the instinctual behavior of cats when you're in need of the quiet, gentle love of your best mate. .You don't even have to ask for it...my cat, Sweety, was and still is the greatest emotional help to me, especially when I lost my middle son in April. He's never been a lap cat but when I didn't even know which way to turn in my grief...here came Sweety...he curled up in my lap, reached his paw out and touched my face. It was like he was saying, "It's okay mom, Michael is safe and will be waiting for you, just like I will be too." He's given me more than I could ever give him. Little bugger doesn't like people food, or it would be syeak and chicken all the time for him!! I know you miss Rimsky, but he is safe and lives on in your heart. He'll be there to greet you in due time. So just tuck him safely in your heart and memories...he lives on....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Sounds like a wonderful cat, cherish him while he still lives.

Im really sorry to hear about your son, I'm sure you will meet him on the other side, after a long life of course.
edit on 20 10 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I know how you feel. I love cats, my cat passed away 3 yrs ago, and i still now and then hear her running around at night. At first it was hard, and i don't cry, at all... but i sobbed when she died. Cat's are so not like dogs. Only cat people will understand that. I miss having one yet, i feel the future as unstable as it is, would be unwise to bring another one home. Let it pass, and remember it's an illusion as nice as it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join