It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A really intelligent dog.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ok, here is a video that many dog lovers would appreciate. i couldn't believe it when I saw it. This dog is amazing, watch the video, wait to the part when the owner and the judges ask the dog addition and subtraction questions.... it's just amazing.

mfile.akamai.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
wow that was pretty cool

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
That is just awsome, I wonder if I can train my dumba** dog to do that

RR

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What makes it even better is that the owner of the dog is Art Bell's sister.

From the C2C website:

Art Bell's sister, Jesse, recently appeared on Animal Planet's Pet Star with her amazing dog, Maggie.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What for would a dog need to know how to add or substract? it would be more useful to teach him to clean the house, cook, do the laundry....

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think we as a species tend to underestimate the intelligence of other species drastically. To simplify my point, just because you can't talk to an ant, doesn't mean that ant is less intelligent. I think that there is a poorly understood inherent intelligence and self awareness to all life. My wife and I were going to buy a parrot once (an african grey) and the lady we were going to buy the bird from was talking about the birds imitating her voice to call the dog into the room, whent he dog showed up, the birds would literally laugh about it. A sense of irony in a creature with a brain roughly the size of a snow pea, go figrue eh?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Link is dead. What was it?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I dont think the dog actually understands the math. It was probably just trained to remember the the answer to the symbols.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If they actually asked the dog sums that didnt equal 6 or 8 I would have been impressed but they didnt so oh well and that first part with the biscuit was a wee sad, any dog can do that.

A bit off topic here but has anyone heard of the dog that could recognise food inside cans and picked out a ladys number plate from a whole car park of cars, just by looking at her.

If the link isnt working Ess Why Kay I think you can access the video on

www.coasttocoastam.com...

One more thing, why is this in the paranormal section? You would probably get more hits in the crypto forum.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Zanzibar]

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a very plausible explanation of this phenomenon is described here:
skepdic.com...

It's almost exactly the same situation, a hundred years ago!

top topics

join