It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason the universe has always existed (and everything else) and allways will.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

At a high level, I'm in agreement. There is no beginning or end. We began in the middle, and will continue in the middle. At a lower level, you're math seems to have circular logic, though its too vague for me to grasp completely. Information in general can be expressed in terms of 1 and 0, but perhaps it can't really be experienced in such terms. I believe pain is generally a binary experience, but joy isn't, because its more balanced than that. Of course I'm speaking in terms of my instinct as you are, more than specific logical thinking.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I reckon it would be a lot easier to do away with the numbers and instead do it this way (for our known universe)

Matter + Matter = Matter
Anti-Matter + Anti-Matter = Matter
Matter + Anti-Matter = Matter
Anti-Matter + Matter = Matter

The main reason I say this is your own words use "something and nothing". It is a lot easier to say something and opposite something (which doesn't necessarily equal nothing).

I'm just trying to understand what you're actually trying to get across as you're saying things like "positive is this universe and negative is another universe" which I just don't understand completely.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

At a high level, I'm in agreement. There is no beginning or end. We began in the middle, and will continue in the middle. At a lower level, you're math seems to have circular logic, though its too vague for me to grasp completely. Information in general can be expressed in terms of 1 and 0, but perhaps it can't really be experienced in such terms. I believe pain is generally a binary experience, but joy isn't, because its more balanced than that. Of course I'm speaking in terms of my instinct as you are, more than specific logical thinking.

You are not looking at it correctly. when you experience happy/sad there are "levels" of happy/sad which is why our universe is bigger than just 1 x -1, 1 x 1, or -1 x -1 or 01 11 00 because that is "in-between which is where we are. We are not 1, -1, or 0 we are in-between the shift between 1 and -1 or life/death, happy/sad.

Think about it this way. We know there is light and if it became the last beam of light it would become just a wave of potential energy which we know energy can never be destroyed. So in order to create the first ever 1 energy you would need 2 waves from nothing to collide to create 1 particle or the first energy
edit on 20-10-2015 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Utter nonsense! We're not products of -1 x -1!

Quantum computing utilizes non-binary computations, that is to say it utilizes qubits, qubits exist as a superposition of both 1 and 0 simultaneously.

Negative numbers don't even exist. There's an East and a West.

Null values are simply non-potentiated potentials.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I reckon it would be a lot easier to do away with the numbers and instead do it this way (for our known universe)

Matter + Matter = Matter
Anti-Matter + Anti-Matter = Matter
Matter + Anti-Matter = Matter
Anti-Matter + Matter = Matter

The main reason I say this is your own words use "something and nothing". It is a lot easier to say something and opposite something (which doesn't necessarily equal nothing).

I'm just trying to understand what you're actually trying to get across as you're saying things like "positive is this universe and negative is another universe" which I just don't understand completely.
Anti-matter and matter annihilate each other entirely.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What if there is something outside of this universe? Like you are an elf in a snow globe, but you're only aware of your little snow globe, unaware of the world around you. I think that is a classic mistake I think we all make.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

We are "something" 1, Nothing -1

This is still not right...

1 = something
0 = nothing
-1 = anti-something

We do have matter and anti matter.... just saying.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RustyNailer
What if there is something outside of this universe? Like you are an elf in a snow globe, but you're only aware of your little snow globe, unaware of the world around you. I think that is a classic mistake I think we all make.

I do not think we can even say something...we do not know... How does one comprehend no time, how does one comprehend something from nothing...The classic mistake is we try and apply our universe to everything outside of it too, and say boy that can't work.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There are several reasons to believe anti-matter does not make up the negative energy required to create a zero-energy universe. The first and most obvious reason is that there exists a great deal more matter than anti-matter, the amounts are not symmetric and wont cancel each other out equally. The second reason is that anti-matter doesn't possess a negative mass as far as scientists can tell, it only has an opposite electric charge. The third reason is that when anti-matter collides with normal matter they annihlate and release a burst of energy, but if anti-matter was true negative matter they should cancel out and release no energy at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

There are several reasons to believe anti-matter does not make up the negative energy required to create a zero-energy universe. The first and most obvious reason is that there exists a great deal more matter than anti-matter, the amounts are not symmetric and wont cancel each other out equally. The second reason is that anti-matter doesn't possess a negative mass as far as scientists can tell, it only has an opposite electric charge. The third reason is that when anti-matter collides with normal matter they annihlate and release a burst of energy, but if anti-matter was true negative matter they should cancel out and release no energy at all.

Then we have the dark matter that is actually what most of the universe is made up of. To turn matter into energy is a rather big event, so to say "annihilate" I would think there is more going on there.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

What about irrational and imaginary numbers?

Where do they fit in your definition?

edit on 20/10/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

what is always

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

So you mean that all energy remains equal and really all we experience is a kind of bi-polar dynamic flux.

I would say that chance is a factor and between each interchange new possibilities are added and then capitalised upon by sentient beings, adding new combinations of the same matter into existence.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource
There is a reason the universe has always existed (and everything else) and always will and that is solved through adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers. Our universe is basically made of 1's and 0's,...

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

The dualistic, imaginary, conditionality of 'numbers' can never describe the 'unconditionality' of the One Reality!

Numbers do not exist but in the imagination, that is all.
No one has ever opened a rock and found a '1' or a '0' or a 'meaning' or a 'value'!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

There is a reason the universe has always existed (and everything else) and always will and that is solved through adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers. Our universe is basically made of 1's and 0's,...

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

The dualistic, imaginary, conditionality of 'numbers' can never describe the 'unconditionality' of the One Reality!

No one has ever opened a rock and found a '1' or a '0' or a 'meaning' or a 'value'!

The actual "number" 1 IS observed when a rock is opened just not with your eyes and yes numbers can explain the something from nothing and everything we know. All matter is energy nothing more nothing less (as an "invisible" 1 pops into existence).

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

There is a reason the universe has always existed (and everything else) and always will and that is solved through adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers. Our universe is basically made of 1's and 0's, positive and negative, light and dark. If you have two objects "something" and "nothing" they could be represented as positive 1 and negative 1. If you have positive/negatives then you either have -1 X -1 =1, -1 X 1 = -1, 1 x 1 = 1. So -1 X 1 = 1, -1 X -1 = 1, Or 1 X 1 = 1 and the answer is -1 X -1 = 1. We were created by -1 X -1 = 1 or something out of nothing, light or dark, night and day. You could say that nothing created something but we were created at the instant it became -1 X -1 = 1. That then created -1 x 1 = -1 which means humans, stars, animals when anything becomes a double negative they instantly become a 1 again because again you can't have 2 negatives. Our universe weather or not it goes back to negative 1 for our comprehension is infinite to our eyes. we are in shells of -1/1/-1/1-1/1 to infinity or the string (-1X-1X1X-1X-1X-1X1x-1) or 00100010.

sounds very Schrodinger, but i get your point.. if you replace universe with multiverse, i would have to agree it is essentially eternal. who knows how many generations of universes have preceded ours? how would you even measure "time" across interversal "space"?

universes have always existed, as your math proves, s+f

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It does produce energy and that is why its -1 and matter is 1. When the two come together and annihilate each other and create matter or energy 1 at the same moment the matter became antimatter -1 and in that instant it produced energy again. We could never view absolute anything in our universe you could only view that just outside it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek

There is a reason the universe has always existed (and everything else) and always will and that is solved through adding and subtracting positive and negative numbers. Our universe is basically made of 1's and 0's, positive and negative, light and dark. If you have two objects "something" and "nothing" they could be represented as positive 1 and negative 1. If you have positive/negatives then you either have -1 X -1 =1, -1 X 1 = -1, 1 x 1 = 1. So -1 X 1 = 1, -1 X -1 = 1, Or 1 X 1 = 1 and the answer is -1 X -1 = 1. We were created by -1 X -1 = 1 or something out of nothing, light or dark, night and day. You could say that nothing created something but we were created at the instant it became -1 X -1 = 1. That then created -1 x 1 = -1 which means humans, stars, animals when anything becomes a double negative they instantly become a 1 again because again you can't have 2 negatives. Our universe weather or not it goes back to negative 1 for our comprehension is infinite to our eyes. we are in shells of -1/1/-1/1-1/1 to infinity or the string (-1X-1X1X-1X-1X-1X1x-1) or 00100010.

sounds very Schrodinger, but i get your point.. if you replace universe with multiverse, i would have to agree it is essentially eternal. who knows how many generations of universes have preceded ours? how would you even measure "time" across interversal "space"?

universes have always existed, as your math proves, s+f

there would be no limit of universes. The amount would be infinite past, present and future.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

-- Albert Einstein

The actual "number" 1 IS observed when a rock is opened just not with your eyes

Right, in your imagination's eyes.

and yes numbers can explain the something from nothing and everything we know.

Well, so you claim/believe, but I see no scientific or philosophical support for your obvious 'belief' that your 'beliefs' are more that 'imaginary'.

All matter is energy nothing more nothing less (as an "invisible" 1 pops into existence).
Well, your 'beliefs' are your beliefs, and they exist in your imagination.
I accept that.
But you just blithely declaring things, doesn't make it so.
All matter, which is also energy, one and the same (old Einstein news, but he obviously doesn't impress 'you'), has smaller components of which you are obviously ignorant; 'information waves', 'Mindstuff', of which all that exists, whether thoughts or the moon, is ultimately comprised!
It is as if you are declaring that everything is 'atoms'.
It is just not quite so.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

-- Albert Einstein

The actual "number" 1 IS observed when a rock is opened just not with your eyes

Right, in your imagination's eyes.

and yes numbers can explain the something from nothing and everything we know.

Well, so you claim/believe, but I see no scientific or philosophical support for your obvious 'belief' that your 'beliefs' are more that 'imaginary'.

All matter is energy nothing more nothing less (as an "invisible" 1 pops into existence).

Well, your 'beliefs' are your beliefs, and they exist in your imagination.
I accept that.
But you just blithely declaring things, doesn't make it so.
All matter, which is also energy, one and the same (old Einstein news, but he obviously doesn't impress 'you'), has smaller components of which you are obviously ignorant; 'information waves', 'Mindstuff', of which all that exists, whether thoughts or the moon, is ultimately comprised!
It is as if you are declaring that everything is 'atoms'.
It is just not quite so.

Do you not use energy when you think or visualize something?

Yes I know about subatomic particles.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join