It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Element Proof The Bible Is BS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1
May i just jump in here and say that unless the Holy spirit is within you, you will never understand the bible..
End of story..

Interesting. What if you looked for the holy spirit and seeked him in earnest and he never entered?

link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: TheSorrow
a reply to: amazing

I was certainly agree that the average American's understanding of the Bible including Christians but not limited to them is lacking.

Are you a Christian?

Just wondering how's that relevant....

link   
a reply to: redoubt

For sure. I thoroughly enjoy these conversations.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's funny. The tower of Babel was supposed to be a tower that was being built in order to reach heaven. So god gets mad over this prehistoric piddlywink building and destroys it and confuses everybody's languages so they won't try again, because nobody is allowed to reach heaven without dying first. But then a few thousand years later we build towers much bigger and build rocket ships that can reach the moon and other planets no problem. But no sign of god and no sign of heaven. hmmmmmmmm...
edit on 20-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I am not trying to put you down. But your comment reveals a lot of ignorance on the issue. They were never trying to physically build up into the clouds because They thought God was physically just above them. This is a common misconception.
edit on 20-10-2015 by TheSorrow because: God and guy- typo

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: SPECULUM

Why not just headline your thread as, hey lets bash one
of the best examples of ancient literature we have like
a bunch of ignorant monkeys.

Who knows? One of these days, if they make enough of these threads, they might reproduce Shakespeare.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What is the difference between truth and fact?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I am not trying to put you down. But your comment reveals a lot of ignorance on the issue. They were never trying to physically build up into the clouds because They thought God was physically just above them. This is a common misconception.

Correct.

If you are trying to build a tower of "height" into the atmosphere, you would build it on a mountain, not in a valley / plains.

Most don't catch onto that one.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Correct.

If you are trying to build a tower of "height" into the atmosphere, you would build it on a mountain, not in a valley / plains.

Most don't catch onto that one.

Sweet- I don't usually going to such details but yes! Ancient people were significantly more intelligent than what many believe. The "piddlywink" structures were significantly more complex and durable than what you might think

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh no, I totally agree with you Ketsuko.

It should be completely illegal to mock God or disrespect his holy prophets or do any work on the Sabbath and those who disobey should be stoned to death.

I'm also very much in favor of being the first to cast stones of righteous execution against any of my family members who try to lead me astray from Yahweh as per Deuteronomy 13. Those in your family who disobey the Lord by following other gods are to be stoned and you MUST be the first one there to purge the evil from among you.

I mean it's right there in the Bible clear as crystal...

Anyway I have to go now, I have a meeting with someone who wants to buy my daughter from me, I'm gonna make sure she knows that it's her duty to please him or else she'll be sent back to me disgraced (can't have that), you know, as per Exodus 21. Boy oh boy I sure am glad I live in America, a country based on Judeo-Christian values and the Bible, where these activities are totally legal and moral.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: Chronogoblin
a reply to: SPECULUM

Just because you don't understand a thing, does not make it false. Your entire argument is biased, and agenda driven, like most anti-Christ drivel. All you have, like most of the people similar to you, is ridicule. Because it hurts your little ego to think that something may be greater than you, or that there may exist things in this World/reality which you cannot comprehend.

That's not true at all. I see plagiarist Jews attempting to give themselves Entitlement

Then the rest of the world through the Centuries perpetuated their book of fables at a profit

Actually most bibles are printed at a LOSS mind you.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh no, I totally agree with you Ketsuko.

It should be completely illegal to mock God or disrespect his holy prophets or do any work on the Sabbath and those who disobey should be stoned to death.

I'm also very much in favor of being the first to cast stones of righteous execution against any of my family members who try to lead me astray from Yahweh as per Deuteronomy 13. Those in your family who disobey the Lord by following other gods are to be stoned and you MUST be the first one there to purge the evil from among you.

I mean it's right there in the Bible clear as crystal...

Anyway I have to go now, I have a meeting with someone who wants to buy my daughter from me, I'm gonna make sure she knows that it's her duty to please him or else she'll be sent back to me disgraced (can't have that), you know, as per Exodus 21. Boy oh boy I sure am glad I live in America, a country based on Judeo-Christian values and the Bible, where these activities are totally legal and moral.

I find this comment to be a great example of what people will come to believe about the Bible when they have never studied it in its entirety. For example, The entire theme of the Bible does away with such things as slavery and murder. But if you only read the parts that fit your agenda or personal beliefs then it's easy to miss the larger picture.

Again I'm not here to promote it as fact or fiction. Simply to point out that many of the comments are based on ignorance of what the Bible really says. It doesn't say an eye for an eye, a tooth for tooth but rather to love one another. This would certainly do away with stoning and more modern acts of violence.

it's like saying because Cain killed Abel therefore God and the Bible is pro murder. If you read it in its entirety A different picture emerges in which God actually does not approve of violence.

There's a lot more to the Bible then you might think.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

I had no idea you were Jewish.

Sorry for mistaking you for an angry atheist.

edit on 20-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSorrow

You really bring whole new perspective about bible, but there are still few questions I need answered... (edited letter to fit this discussion
)

Dear Dr. TheSorrow,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
a reply to: TheSorrow

You really bring whole new perspective about bible, but there are still few questions I need answered... (edited letter to fit this discussion
)

Dear Dr. TheSorrow,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

Thanks. But I don't think anything i am saying would qualify as new.

I am simply pointing out what the Bible actually says compared to the misconceptions that people have with it. Your comment demonstrates again a lack of understanding concerning the different books of the Bible and the seven dispensations. You clearly are able to bring out different aspects of history mentioned in the Bible and then you also assume that it is approved by God.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: amazing

I was certainly agree that the average American's understanding of the Bible including Christians but not limited to them is lacking.

Are you a Christian?

Just wondering how's that relevant....

If you were a Christian and I'm not, even though I used to be at one point, that would be relevant as to viewpoint and perception and how the conversation would continue. Then I could ask, so how would you answer my questions honestly if I have problems with certain passages in the bible. That's the gist of this thread. Unless you believe you'll never understand isn't a good answer.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What is the difference between truth and fact?

That's a really good question. What is truth and fact and what is lies and fiction?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I asked first.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I used to have faith, but after awhile faith just wouldn't allow me to look past the facts without making stuff that is obviously untrue up to justify my silly beliefs.

And then I realized those beliefs were put there when I was too young to resist the BS they were trying to teach me and I was too young and naive to not believe what they told me was true, wasn't.

The Bible only reinforced it after I realized that logic had to be twisted and molded to fall into line with the silly stories it told.

Anyway....

Awesome for those of you who are satisfied with the infantile and ignorant explanations that book provides for you in explaining reality.

I cannot give any text credence which would, in effect, cause me to be willfully ignorant and look past that which is in my face every day, hoping things will be better after I am dead without anything but my imagination and stories created by the imaginations of others as proof that there is any truth in it at all.

I will do what I can to leave the world a better place instead of selfishly and narcissistically believing there is an all powerful being who gives a damn about me, which will take me to paradise after I am dead....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I asked first.

That's a philosophical question. One that is beyond the scope of this thread. Although this thread attempts to answer a small part of that as it relates to the bible. We do this by picking some passages, scripture and story and ask why it's in the bible, if it negates the bible etc. Here's one example:

Logically is the story of Lot truth or fiction. If it is fiction and included in the bible what is the purpose. If it is fact, why would God Kill innocent babies in hellfire and brimstone?
edit on 20-10-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join