It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Element Proof The Bible Is BS

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
After reading through all the posts it doesn't look like any one brought up the fact that the bible mentions multiple gods. Even the abrahamic reichs god in the books is easily 2 different entities possibly 3.

That is a glaring problem to me. The god in the old testament isn't all knowing in fact it's often surprized, its also xenophobic petty and blood thirsty.

The god of the new testament is much more inline with the more zen like mindset of jesus (the preported source of that info) which speaks volumes I think to the nature of the abrahamic reichs god.

The entity and its tone are completely dependent on the person relaying its description, its not a game of telephone its a game of he said she said. The meaning is completely dependent on the readers perception so it might as well be a pantheon dishing out the commandments and stories.

I'm not an atheist so the jackles can ditch that stick. I have no problem with spirituality or the belief in the second but what Christians Jews and Muslims are really doing is putting there faith in men. Fallible, dumb, lying, petty men. The natural order is what was created by the devine, a book is a human concept and everything in it written by a thing made of meat with just a bit more processing power then any other ape.

You need to list examples of your multiple gods - you know, book, chapter, verse.

You know, God revealed Himself to Moses, and gave Moses His name: YHVH. This Name is usually rendered as LORD, and I think that's to keep folks from understanding, while every pagan god's name is transliterated, so we do get to know what their name was. Blasphemy, I say, and God told us not to even mention the names of those gods.

Back to YHVH - if we look at the very ancient pictographic meanings of the letters, we get this:

H = a window, or what is viewed through said window, or just "behold"

Y = the hand, esp. the right hand

V = a nail or tent peg

Reading from right to left in the Hebrew manner, we get "Behold the Nail, Behold the Hand," and could that be Jesus? I think so.

BTW, could you explain your words "reichs" and "jackles"?
edit on 26-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: dum de dum

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Reading from right to left in the Hebrew manner, we get "Behold the Nail, Behold the Hand," and could that be Jesus? I think so.

LOL! That's one inept carpenter who winds up with "the nail" THROUGH his hand!

Rather, I think it means, "behold the Architech!" LOL, not the clumsy guy who wound up with three nails pinning him to a piece of lumber!

You need to list examples of your multiple gods - you know, book, chapter, verse.

Elohim
El
Yahweh
Jehovah
"The Most High"
Baal

edit on 26-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You forgot:

the Lord of Hosts.

Is mocking and humour the best you can do?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Is a myopic view of torturing humans with nails the best that you can do when explaining the formula of YHVH?

Tell me, where is the meeting "tent" that was built with the hand and the nail in the hanging corpse of Jesus of Nazareth on the cross?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: John333

Interesting post, but you didn't really answer my question of why god cared back then and not today. Today, science is leading us to all kinds of discoveries and technology. People are not giving glory to god for that. Everybody wants to leave a legacy for the future, which is exactly what it sounded like the folks of babel wanted. They wanted to build something big, that would be noticeable from far away and also leave a legacy for the future. Heck, maybe the story DOES refer to the great pyramid. It just doesn't make sense, why god would care so greatly back then, but today it seems nothing bothers him at all as society is slowly becoming more secular and less religious, because science gives us far more answers than the bible ever has about the nature of our reality.
edit on 26-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To me, there are several things that can discredit the bible. A couple of favorite easy ones:

First, in my opinion, a holy book would have to be PERFECT; no contradictions, no later additions, no subtractions in order to appease your theology.

That being said, if you can prove one thing wrong with the Bible, then the whole book goes into question.

1.)

It is tradition that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, aka The Pentateuch. Ancient Christian and Jewish writers note this (Origen and Philo, for example). Modern scholarship has determined that this is not the case and has concluded that it is the work of several authors over several years. One hypothesis is the Documentary Hypothesis. This says that the Torah was developed over time by four different sources (JEDP-From Wikipedia):

the Yahwist source (J) : written c. 950 BCE in the southern Kingdom of Judah.
the Elohist source (E) : written c. 850 BCE in the northern Kingdom of Israel.
the Deuteronomist (D) : written c. 600 BCE in Jerusalem during a period of religious reform.
the Priestly source (P) : written c. 500 BCE by Kohanim (Jewish priests) in exile in Babylon.

From Jesus or John the Baptist in the New Testament (from religioustolerance.org):

Matthew 19:7-8 "...why did Moses say a man could merely write an official letter of divorce and send her away?", they asked. Jesus replied, 'Moses permitted divorce...'"
Matthew 22:24 "Moses said, 'If a man dies without children...'"
Mark 7:10 "For instance, Moses gave you this law from God..."
Mark 12:24 "...haven't you ever read about this in the writings of Moses, in the story of the burning bush..."
Luke 24:44 "...I told you that everything written about me by Moses and the prophets and in the Psalms must all come true."
John 1:17 "For the law was given through Moses..."
John 5:46 "But if you had believed Moses, you would have believed me because he wrote about me. And since you don't believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?"
John 7:23 "...do it, so as not to break the law of Moses..."

So, wouldn't this prove Jesus was wrong? How can one quote from Moses if we've come to the conclusion that Moses did not write the Torah?

2.) The details of Jesus's life come from the four gospels. Early Christianity and its theology are described and shaped by Paul and his 13 epistles.

Well, we don't know who wrote the four gospels. They are anonymous and come years after the death of Jesus. They range in date from 65CE to 90AD (give or take a few years). While that is a reasonable time frame when compared to other ancient texts, the actual complete copies don't show up until the 3rd Century with a few fragments showing up bw 150 CE (P52) and the 3rd Century.

Paul is credited with 13 letters. However through textual analysis, and other means, we know for sure he only wrote 7. Four others are pseudepigraphical (fancy way of saying forged), and the other 2 are split as to who wrote them.

So, in the end, the person we are supposed to worship has four anonymous, contradicting, later gospels written about him. Then a guy, who we know nothing else about (Paul), who never met Jesus, chimes in, with 7 authentic letters. Then, later, some other people write in Paul's name.

Whats the truth here?

Bonuses:

-1st 2 chapters of Luke are later additions
-The original ending in Mark ends on verse 8. 9-16 are later additions
-Christians are mentioned 3 times in the NT. If you look at the earliest mss, they are Chrestians, not Christians. There is a difference.
-Woman taken in adultery is a later story
-The trinity wasn't formalized until long after the NT was written

Too many others

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KidOK

Text First, in my opinion, a holy book would have to be PERFECT; no contradictions, no later additions, no subtractions in order to appease your theology. That being said, if you can prove one thing wrong with the Bible, then the whole book goes into question.

Who declared the Hebrew Tanakh or the Greek bible as holy? Both are of many authors which some are unknown. There are many Tanakh's and there are many Greek bibles which disagree one with the other so one would have great difficulty to prove which is holy and which is unholy even if it were possible. Nevertheless, being that both Tanakh and Bible consist of many authors of various times and space, it is not truthful to judge one author by another author. Not only unfair but very amateurish to say the least.

It is tradition that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, aka The Pentateuch. Ancient Christian and Jewish writers note this (Origen and Philo, for example). Modern scholarship has determined that this is not the case and has concluded that it is the work of several authors over several years. One hypothesis is the Documentary Hypothesis. This says that the Torah was developed over time by four different sources (JEDP-From Wikipedia):

It is said by many as you have said but not the Hebrew scholars that cite otherwise. Moses is credited as assembling the information that Torah consists of but not being the author of the vast information that Torah consists. Many people are confused as to Torah and Book Of The law. Two very distinct books. The book of the law is included in Torah but Moses did not author Torah. In fact he had many scribes who gathered and assembled Torah into this book which is ascribed as the Five Books Of Moses.

2.) The details of Jesus's life come from the four gospels. Early Christianity and its theology are described and shaped by Paul and his 13 epistles.

No. You are mistaken once again. Paul had nothing to do with the first Christian Synagogue either in its formation or its operation. In fact Paul was not even a member of the first Ecclesia and in fact did not experience Jesus till some four or five years after Jesus' death.

The letters Hebrews, Philemon, Colossians, Ephesians, Philippians,1st Corinthians, and 2nd Corinthians were not penned by Paul and are Pseudepigraphs. Paul authored only seven letters that are known, not thirteen . The liturgy of the Christians was well established long before Paul came upon the scene and he did not influence James the Just, John or Peter whatsoever. James, John and Peter were the officers of the first Ecclesia for well over three decades. Paul was an appointed evangelist by Christ Jesus.

You are also mistaken as to believe that Paul never met Jesus before Jesus died but that is a long study for another day.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: nemonimity
After reading through all the posts it doesn't look like any one brought up the fact that the bible mentions multiple gods. Even the abrahamic reichs god in the books is easily 2 different entities possibly 3.

That is a glaring problem to me. The god in the old testament isn't all knowing in fact it's often surprized, its also xenophobic petty and blood thirsty.

The god of the new testament is much more inline with the more zen like mindset of jesus (the preported source of that info) which speaks volumes I think to the nature of the abrahamic reichs god.

The entity and its tone are completely dependent on the person relaying its description, its not a game of telephone its a game of he said she said. The meaning is completely dependent on the readers perception so it might as well be a pantheon dishing out the commandments and stories.

I'm not an atheist so the jackles can ditch that stick. I have no problem with spirituality or the belief in the second but what Christians Jews and Muslims are really doing is putting there faith in men. Fallible, dumb, lying, petty men. The natural order is what was created by the devine, a book is a human concept and everything in it written by a thing made of meat with just a bit more processing power then any other ape.

You know, God revealed Himself to Moses, and gave Moses His name: YHVH. This Name is usually rendered as LORD, and I think that's to keep folks from understanding, while every pagan god's name is transliterated, so we do get to know what their name was. Blasphemy, I say, and God told us not to even mention the names of those gods.

Back to YHVH - if we look at the very ancient pictographic meanings of the letters, we get this:

H = a window, or what is viewed through said window, or just "behold"

Y = the hand, esp. the right hand

V = a nail or tent peg

BTW, could you explain your words "reichs" and "jackles"?

Sure can, The Abrahamic Reich ( reich meaning realm, empire) is a totalitarian order that has systematically wiped out any one that didn't follow it's teachings or believe in it's god. Going by the old testament, this started roughly 3000+ years ago, when someone decided that they were being told by a higher being that they needed to kill their neighbors for not following "Gods laws". Every Historical faction of this group, comprised today of Christianity Judaism and Islam, have waged war against their neighbors for doing what they deem wrong. This goes so far as committing genocides against other humans for reasons as innocuous as being on land that was thought to be promised to one of the Abrahamic groups or for believing in an entity that was not the god the Abrahamic groups believed was the right one.
There have been many iterations of this group throughout recent history all connected by their use of this system of belief and its deity as a divine basis for excusing their behavior. Although this trend can be found in many religions as such is part of a religions at their base, the Abrahamic reich has far outstripped others in it's pace and tenacity.
Modernly this power-base worked to force others to accept it's view of history and theology as the only correct one and have worked through intimidation terrorism and socioeconomic strategies to undermine cultures that don't follow suit.

Jackals refers to individuals who will latch on to something regardless of other goings on and hold to that one thing vehemently. It's an old non-sequitur that bases the description on an archaic idea of what the animal jackal is supposedly like. They are of course much more dynamic then the phrases portrayal.

In order to understand the different gods mentioned in the bible your best bet is to check out genesis and note how god is portrayed, move on to maybe macabees and again note the change in god to a more vengeful and angry god. Move on to psalms after that again noting the change in personality to a more complex god sometimes angry sometimes bigoted sometimes loving (there are a lot of mentions of the Abrahamic god dispensing righteous vengeance or discipline on other gods as well all made out to be as real as the abrahamic god itself). Daniel is probably a good book next to once again see god transform into a more liberal type of being except when hes basically flying into a rage. After that The new testament which is as I stated a much more zen like individual as spoken of by Jesus.

Honestly the best thing you can do is read the bible from cover to cover. There are multiple refrences to other gods and they are very much treated as real entities. Although I mention the changes throughout the bible To me they seem to correlate to the time frames books were written in. Most Assuredly there's a difference between the god of old and the god of the new testament, but I think there's enough disparate descriptions to also say there's a difference between the gods of the era genesis and the oldest books were written and the one that came into fashion towards the times of Solomon.

It's not hard to pick up on and I'd be willing to bet you yourself could find a ton of the same in other books throughout. It's the context and the way gods actions are completely tied to the character interacting with it that point to multiple gods and in my opinion the falsity of the book(s) as a whole.

I'm more than willing to entertain the idea The Abrahamic God is actually singular and just has multiple personality disorder though. I can keep an open mind

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Foundryman

I have more thoughts that this "Tower of Babel" thing is false. If the people were truly turned into different races as my Christians want me to believe (i.e rationalizing their book again) then every race should have the same exact origin story. Something along the lines of: "Along time ago we were this, then there was an incident at a tower, and now we are this race with this language." No one except the Christians has this fanciful tale of transformation from one race to another. Why?

The Hebrew bible does not state that people were turned into different races. That is what you assumed it said but not said at all and it is not just Christians who want you to believe how they believe. The Hebrew Tanakh was written for the Hebrew people and not necessarily for you. If you choose not to believe it then don't spend your precious time reading literature that you believe is a bunch of crap.

I don't understand why this bothers so many people. If one would rather believe that 15 billion years ago something happened and 15 billion years later, whappo, here we are emerging from a slime ball or whatever then by all means believe it. As far as being shoved down your throat, the 15 billion years ago fairy story is in about every major university in the world. Can you understand what happened 15 billion years ago? I don't think so. Is that any more far fetched than the Hebrew literature? The kicker is that most bible bashers can't produce any thing rational as to what was before that 15 billion years ago in which that something happened. In fact they cannot even fathom a million years ago. Not even a book of fairy stories. So keep on laughing but at least some people have a fairy story book and the others have nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

I have more thoughts that this "Tower of Babel" thing is false. If the people were truly turned into different races as my Christians want me to believe (i.e rationalizing their book again) then every race should have the same exact origin story. Something along the lines of: "Along time ago we were this, then there was an incident at a tower, and now we are this race with this language." No one except the Christians has this fanciful tale of transformation from one race to another. Why?

The Hebrew bible does not state that people were turned into different races. That is what you assumed it said but not said at all and it is not just Christians who want you to believe how they believe. The Hebrew Tanakh was written for the Hebrew people and not necessarily for you. If you choose not to believe it then don't spend your precious time reading literature that you believe is a bunch of crap.

I don't understand why this bothers so many people. If one would rather believe that 15 billion years ago something happened and 15 billion years later, whappo, here we are emerging from a slime ball or whatever then by all means believe it. As far as being shoved down your throat, the 15 billion years ago fairy story is in about every major university in the world. Can you understand what happened 15 billion years ago? I don't think so. Is that any more far fetched than the Hebrew literature? The kicker is that most bible bashers can't produce any thing rational as to what was before that 15 billion years ago in which that something happened. In fact they cannot even fathom a million years ago. Not even a book of fairy stories. So keep on laughing but at least some people have a fairy story book and the others have nothing.

6000 years Ago...Boom!!! The Heavens, Earth, Animals and People...Wow, and to think it takes billions of years to make Diamonds and where the hell did those Dinosaurs come from? Oh yeah, they walked with man from that 6000 year beginning

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

6000 years Ago...Boom!!! The Heavens, Earth, Animals and People...Wow, and to think it takes billions of years to make Diamonds and where the hell did those Dinosaurs come from? Oh yeah, they walked with man from that 6000 year beginning
dinosaur bones are put there by god to test our faith so he probably put all the mistakes and contradictions into all of the different bibles for the same reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If one would rather believe that 15 billion years ago something happened and 15 billion years later, whappo, here we are emerging from a slime ball or whatever then by all means believe it.

Yeah, sounds ridiculous.

Unless you also throw in an pre existing, undetectable, primitive, schizophrenic and narcissist magical sky fairy into the bargain. It sounds totally plausible then.

edit on 12-11-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If one would rather believe that 15 billion years ago something happened and 15 billion years later, whappo, here we are emerging from a slime ball or whatever then by all means believe it. As far as being shoved down your throat, the 15 billion years ago fairy story is in about every major university in the world.

Fairy tail? What you just posted is called a straw man, set up to easily be refuted and I don't recall any school teaching that anybody emerged from a slime ball, whatever that means. Can you show me a modern science text book that says that or claims abiogenesis is beyond hypothesis?

Can you understand what happened 15 billion years ago? I don't think so.

I don't think you do either, so to claim we don't know because we weren't there or because your straw man sounds unrealistic, is pretty silly.

Is that any more far fetched than the Hebrew literature?

Not by a long shot. The Hebrew literature of the early bible is demonstrably false. Abiogenesis hypothesis (slime ball?), has been shown to work in multiple experiments. Obviously, it's not proven theory yet like evolution, but none of it is demonstrably false like tons of bible passages.

The kicker is that most bible bashers can't produce any thing rational as to what was before that 15 billion years ago in which that something happened.

The kicker of that, is that most bible thumpers can't produce any thing rational as to what was before that 13.8 billion years (not 15) ago in which god did something.

In fact they cannot even fathom a million years ago.

Laughable that somebody who has spoken out against evolution in the past would say this. Because bible believers totally can fathom that, right?

Not even a book of fairy stories. So keep on laughing but at least some people have a fairy story book and the others have nothing.

If by nothing, you mean science than sure. The difference between the others and people like yourself who believe, is that they admit they do not know the answer as to what happened 13.8 bya, while you claim you know it despite the huge lack of evidence.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Yeah, sounds rediculous. Though if you also throw in an undetectable, pre existing, schizophrenic, narcissist magical sky fairy into the bargain it makes all the difference. It sounds totally believable then.

You named your game. You want to believe that life came from a slime pit of evolutionary chance and that when you die you return to a cow chip in a barnyard then that is your prerogative. Many choose to believe in that magical sky fairy and not the excrement from a pig.

As far as diamonds taking 300 million years to form would be to say that there were 300 million years ago and that would entail more than belief in the sky fairy but then it is in your books in most universities is it not? When you ridicule theology you should consider that your own belief is beyond theology. It has become an obsession with unreality. It is packaged and presented as fact where no facts are shown. Show us the facts of millions and billions of years ever existing in this reality and then you can be justified in your laughable conception of time. You cannot show or present it and you very well know it. You are the king with no clothes.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Yeah, sounds rediculous. Though if you also throw in an undetectable, pre existing, schizophrenic, narcissist magical sky fairy into the bargain it makes all the difference. It sounds totally believable then.

You named your game. You want to believe that life came from a slime pit of evolutionary chance and that when you die you return to a cow chip in a barnyard then that is your prerogative. Many choose to believe in that magical sky fairy and not the excrement from a pig.

The science is strong in that one.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You want to believe that life came from a slime pit of evolutionary chance and that when you die you return to a cow chip in a barnyard then that is your prerogative. Many choose to believe in that magical sky fairy and not the excrement from a pig.

LMAO! Excrement from a pig? Why are you so determined to define what other people believe, just because they reject your ancient myths? Essentially, all you are saying in the last few posts is, "Wow, I can't wrap my head around that idea, so it must be false!"

As far as diamonds taking 300 million years to form would be to say that there were 300 million years ago and that would entail more than belief in the sky fairy but then it is in your books in most universities is it not?

The speed of light alone proves the universe is way older than 300 million years. The concept of god, more specifically, the concept as defined in the bible is ridiculously unrealistic and counters just about all science and knowledge we have gained in the past hundred years.

When you ridicule theology you should consider that your own belief is beyond theology. It has become an obsession with unreality. It is packaged and presented as fact where no facts are shown. Show us the facts of millions and billions of years ever existing in this reality and then you can be justified in your laughable conception of time. You cannot show or present it and you very well know it. You are the king with no clothes.

If you had a single piece of objective evidence that a god exists, you might have a point here, but there is zero evidence of god, zero evidence of anything ever done by god, and zero evidence that any of the bible stories are true in respect to god. If you prefer to take the stance that ancient myths hold more weight than modern science, then you deserve to be ridiculed. Referring to science as theology is beyond bogus and like I said, the speed of light alone is enough to show the universe is in fact billions of years old. You can deny that all you want, but blindly attacking science isn't good enough in this stuation. You need evidence... you know the stuff that evolutionary theory and geological dating is based on.
edit on 11 12 15 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Something Named "Holy"... Yet Shared With All. Hmmm...
Wasn't My Idea.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I see you have a reading comprehension problem because that's exactly what I say in my post. I said the peoples of the Earth couldn't have been changed at Babel and I stated my reason why.

As for your follow-on assertion you do have a small point. We don't know for sure what happened 15 billion years ago but we will. As long as science can't yet explain something, then it proves God did it? I believe Dr. Tyson had a little to say about that:

"If that's how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on. So, just be ready for that to happen, if that's how you want to come at the problem. So that's just simply the God of the gaps argument."

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Chapters 1-11 of (excuse the spelling) Beresh ith ("Genesis") comprise a list of ORIGIN MYTHS, including 2 different Creation myths (Gen 1:1 to 2:4a and Gen 2:4b to 4:26). The Tower of Babel Story (Gen 11:1-9) is just one of several other myths (including the Flood Myth borrowed from Akkadian./Babylonian/Asssyrian/Sumerian models).

The narrative of the tower of Babel is aa subset of Origin Myths called an ETIOLOGY i.e. an explanation of a phenomenon. Etiologies are narratives that explain the origin of a custom, ritual, geographical feature, name, or other phenomenon. The story of the tower of Babel explains the origins of the multiplicity of languages found on the earth. SInce many of the 24 priestly families (who could read and write and foster a rebellion) were exiled into Babylon in after 587 BCE it is not surprising that we see a Babylonian influence in writings dating from the 6th century BCE (c. 550)

The different authors of the account in Genesis 11:1–9, were inspired by the existence of an apparently incomplete ziggurat at Babylon and by the (mistaken) etymological association whereby "the writers of Genesis derived 'Babel' from the Hebrew word balal, meaning 'mixed', 'confused', or 'confounded.'

But the word Balal has nothing to do with Babel, so it is what we today would call a 'false etymology'' meaning the writers got their origin facts wrong....

Either way the story is not history in any modern sense, just a way for the ancient Hebrews to understand the world in which they lived.

But you could Certainly call it all BS if you want !

edit on 13-11-2015 by Sigismundus because: stutteringg computtter keyyboarddddd

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

LMAO! Excrement from a pig? Why are you so determined to define what other people believe, just because they reject your ancient myths? Essentially, all you are saying in the last few posts is, "Wow, I can't wrap my head around that idea, so it must be false!"

Is your memory so short that you have forgotten the OP presentation. Who is calling who names in regards to the Tanakh and Greek bibles? I understand that BS in this case does not refer to Before Sunday. Would you regard that as an insult to your faith if I would call you wannabes armchair half wits? Of course you would even though I would not call you an arm chair half wit.

Are you so blind as to not realize that there are great Christian scientists that do regard some science as true science and some as garbage. It is not me that is on the offense and is trying to sell the crap that is not true science. You tag a name called science on about everything that has been for many years without any regard as to where you start from. You have no idea where to start so you pick a theoretical time or place and start your man made formulas from that point. When that point is shifted you then pick another point and call it correction. Most of the sheep will accept the science crap along with true science and go through life as halfwits.

As far as my posts are concerned, I have never said that there is not true science and when the armchair halfwits are asked to simply show the proof of a start of that science it always becomes a name throwing event. Where is your proof that the sciences of your 13.8 billion years ago is as we have them today? You can't prove it by any stretch of any imagination. You nor anyone can prove that 13.8 billion years ago was even here 13.8 billion years ago. If evolution is a fact then the sciences of your 13.8 billion years ago certainly must have changed. Earth's magnetic force for one which affects many formulas of some sciences. From a closed environment to an open environment which is a legitimate argument among true science. Speed of light which is proven to vary in certain environments. Many non biblical scientists argue these points among themselves so it is not limited to biblical only.

Bible? That is another subject which is highly contested among biblical people themselves. There are many facts that are in most all bibles as well as traditions and there are some stated traditions that are not accepted by many biblical scholars. But to say that the bible is BS is not true and comes from ignorance of those who infer that simply because one tradition is not accepted from one author then all of the other authors are guilty of the same doubts of their traditions. That is absolutely the height of ignorance. Because climate warming was the issue and promoted by an overwhelming majority of scientists in that field did not make it a fact. Now that it is refuted and proven as garbage with no retraction, does that mean that all of those that signed in on this crap are dunderheads? No it does not. All it means is that they took false information and believed a false premise.

I do not believe it fair and open minded to mix theology with fact. Apples and oranges at least. No biblical scholar, to my knowledge, will accept tradition as fact without some evidence that it is fact. In some events a tradition can be accepted that it was regarded as a fact without it actually being a fact. Before 13.8 billion years ago what existed if anything existed? Can anything exist without being created and what existed to produce existence? Where did existence come from? You nor anyone can answer that and therefore your theoretical beginning is proof that it is flawed just the same as you propose that the Hebrew theology is flawed. Both are vain imaginations without hope of proof. Pot and kettle?

If you had a single piece of objective evidence that a god exists, you might have a point here, but there is zero evidence of god, zero evidence of anything ever done by god, and zero evidence that any of the bible stories are true in respect to god. If you prefer to take the stance that ancient myths hold more weight than modern science, then you deserve to be ridiculed. Referring to science as theology is beyond bogus and like I said, the speed of light alone is enough to show the universe is in fact billions of years old. You can deny that all you want, but blindly attacking science isn't good enough in this stuation. You need evidence... you know the stuff that evolutionary theory and geological dating is based on.

In reply let me also give to you the same consideration.
If you had a single piece of objective evidence that 13.8 billion years were truly the start of existence then you might have a point here, but there is zero evidence of 13.8 billion years ever existing. If you take the stance that all modern science holds more weight then facts then you also deserve to be ridiculed. Blindly attacking theology of God is not enough when surrounding and connecting facts verify the tradition. Neither can you produce any science. All you can do is show what is and has been created. We call that source God while you have no answer as to where it came from. You had your global warming evidence and where is it now? Still in your text books? Very laughable. You need more corrections.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join