It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Element Proof The Bible Is BS

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSorrow

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheSorrow

Where did you get all this information? I don't even seen Nimrod's name mentioned in the tower of babel account. How do you know he was the one presiding over the city when the tower was built? Babylon existed for a LONG time.

It's my job. Not to mention six years in a seminary.
it's your job to lie about what's in the bible? or to not read the bible but go around making stuff up about it? you're getting debunked left and right here.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: omvishnu
We have already built it and it is called CERN!

When I read the OP I was thinking exactly what you're saying .

The Bible itself reads like an encrypted text , and everyone looks at it from their own perspective.
But if you translate it in the here and now ,then the LHC could be the tower? just like the Egyptians had the Stargate.

And where are the old Egyptians now?

As for now we know that particles are acting the same over great distances . So to my understanding everything happens to be happening all at the same time everywhere ,in every location, and probably inter-dimensionally too.

So the LHC could be Babel and the heavens could be other dimensions. And or when they open the gates of this parallel universe we could be pulled in or we receive something from it that divides us from going ahead with discovering what's on the other side?

as I once learned that God is in everything everywhere at every moment so he observes everything always and endlessly ...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
The Bible itself reads like an encrypted text , and everyone looks at it from their own perspective.
But if you translate it in the here and now ,then the LHC could be the tower? just like the Egyptians had the Stargate.

You owe me lots of paper tissues & screen wipes...

Egyptian had... what??

This??

Bro, you know that was science fiction??

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

I forgot to write IF , my bad.
And I guess I watch to many science fiction lately lol.

Now I leaked vital information they probably going to kill me for that ..
edit on 0b34America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 13:11:34 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2015 13:11:34 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That makes more sense, IF Babel had a Large Hadron Collider then the Egyptians should at least have a Stargate, Romans and Greeks would have a moon base, and the Chinese would be coming down from Mars to migrate on Earth.

History class would be awesome IF that was the case

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

I forgot to write IF , my bad.
And I guess I watch to many science fiction lately lol.

Now I leaked vital information they probably going to kill me for that ..

Ouch...

Thanks for explaining... and look at positive side - my desk as well screens are now clean.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
After reading through all the posts it doesn't look like any one brought up the fact that the bible mentions multiple gods. Even the abrahamic reichs god in the books is easily 2 different entities possibly 3.

That is a glaring problem to me. The god in the old testament isn't all knowing in fact it's often surprized, its also xenophobic petty and blood thirsty.

The god of the new testament is much more inline with the more zen like mindset of jesus (the preported source of that info) which speaks volumes I think to the nature of the abrahamic reichs god.

The entity and its tone are completely dependent on the person relaying its description, its not a game of telephone its a game of he said she said. The meaning is completely dependent on the readers perception so it might as well be a pantheon dishing out the commandments and stories.

I'm not an atheist so the jackles can ditch that stick. I have no problem with spirituality or the belief in the second but what Christians Jews and Muslims are really doing is putting there faith in men. Fallible, dumb, lying, petty men. The natural order is what was created by the devine, a book is a human concept and everything in it written by a thing made of meat with just a bit more processing power then any other ape.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull

Well yeah, taken literally the story is totally BS. As it stands as a work of mythology though it's a fairly interesting way for ancient peoples to try to understand why there are so many languages and divergent cultures. While I would agree that it's silly and even downright deluded for people today to believe this stuff LITERALLY happened in the ancient past it is an interesting piece of mythology nonetheless. I've often lamented that I wish people understood the Bible was just mythology and literature so I could appreciate it as such, but unfortunately some people believe this stuff is literally true which means constantly bringing up that it makes no sense.

Is all of that rant your opinion or can you enlighten the people with facts that they are deluded? You do understand that you are calling many brilliant people dummies do you not? When a believer makes a statement your ilk are the first to cry prove it. You make a statement and now it is your turn to prove it. Or doesn't it work like that?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
@
Seede - Sure, here...

Sorry, getting tired of repeating... so just watch... all explained...

Any questions??
edit on 24-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Why does religion create such passionate discussion threads like this, and wars? Noone has actual proof of anything they believe. Just words written by another human long ago, or a "gut feeling". Why does the human ego go crazy and blow a gasket, when people don't believe what you believe? To quote a famous politician, "What difference does it make!?!"

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: TheSorrow
a reply to: Barcs

I am not trying to put you down. But your comment reveals a lot of ignorance on the issue. They were never trying to physically build up into the clouds because They thought God was physically just above them. This is a common misconception.

I'm well aware of this. They were trying to reach heaven because they thought it was right above them. But if god punished them by confusing languages over a tower, why would he allow us to build space ships? It defeats the entire purpose of the story and further adds to the evidence that the god of the bible either doesn't exist or is long gone.

Sweet- I don't usually going to such details but yes! Ancient people were significantly more intelligent than what many believe. The "piddlywink" structures were significantly more complex and durable than what you might think

While I tend to agree that other "advanced" cultures have likely come and gone, I like the star gate theory better. Are there ruins of this alleged tower?

it was a different time. the error of the babylonians was that they never gave glory to God for their accomplishments. since he both provides them the faculty and facility to accomplish them. it is through God their accomplishments are made. building the tower, just like a spaceship wouldve been fine back then, and babel would be standing today without any confusion in languages if they had simply not prasied the designers as God with their inferior accomplishments. they never stopped to think that a bird, or a tree is a much larger accomplishment than a skyscraper, or even a spaceship. all is inferior to God's creation, which includes us and the faculty we've been given.

so.. by all means, build your spaceship. build your skyscrapers. just dont think ur God because of it.

some perspective. even though i am God. because John 3:33. and because the Holy Spirit is in me and with me always. i would not expect nor advise you to worship me. you may worship or speak to God through me, in my presence. but my ego retains none of such praise. because all is God, and through God, and i am only God because God is in me, but i am not God because God has to be in me to be God.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Well, I'm sure there are many faceted proofs that for the most part, the Bible is BS. But this Element in the Bible takes the Cake by far

"Tower of Babel" I mean, Come on. All peoples of the Earth are living in the same location? and happen to build a Tower to the heavens and pisses God off, so he changes everyone nationality and language

Hell he doesn't even change their location...They all seem to find their way...Its Amazing

It takes 3000 plus years and google translate and we're back where we started

Wonder how God will feel if we start building that Tower again?

We are building a collider now
A little more hi tec
To open a door into another dimension

lol
Don't think we are knocking on heaven's door
More like opening the gates of hell
We need hellboy

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Wonder how God will feel if we start building that Tower again?

I don't think OP could ever like any book.
Surely this crude manner of criticism would apply to any
story. What a childish thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Any questions??

Wow you are not serious are you? Is this why we are 22nd in world science and math? No questions needed here.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Any questions??

Wow you are not serious are you? Is this why we are 22nd in world science and math? No questions needed here.

22nd is actually high, considering how many are working to bring woodoo magic into science classroom, as well how many kids are mislead with fairy tales and stories like the one from OP presented as 'historical fact'.

As for calling 'brilliant' people dummy, take presidential candidate Ben Carson. What would you call someone taking bible laterally?

edit on 24-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: Seede

Any questions??

22nd is actually high, considering how many are working to bring woodoo magic into science classroom, as well how many kids are mislead with fairy tales and stories like the one from OP presented as 'historical fact'.

As for calling 'brilliant' people dummy, take presidential candidate Ben Carson. What would you call someone taking bible laterally?

The Bible presents it as "Historical Fact", as every other facet of the book...Ive been in church long enough throughout my life with many different Christian denominations, and they all swear by "The" word and would never question any aspects of it or their Faith.

Its all Insanely Funny, as daily "Reality" proves otherwise

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What would you call someone taking bible laterally?

Reasonable.
As opposed to those who take it literally.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The Bible presents it as "Historical Fact", as every other facet of the book...Ive been in church long enough throughout my life with many different Christian denominations, and they all swear by "The" word and would never question any aspects of it or their Faith.

Historical Fact in the same sense as Red Riding Hood and 3 Little Pigs.

Bible is just collection of myths... has nothing to do with history... except it was collected long time ago. It is not written as historical book.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

You do understand that you are calling many brilliant people dummies do you not?

Yes and no. Intelligent people can be fooled or self-deceived. Isaac Newton believed in Alchemy and thought there were secret prophetic codes in the Bible, he was a genius about some things but not necessarily about others. Being dumb about one or two or a dozen issues doesn't necessarily make a person unintelligent overall. As a former believer myself it wouldn't make much sense for me to think that all believers are stupid.

Or doesn't it work like that?

It does. You're right if I say the Bible is total BS I accept a burden of proof. I have written a lot of online content that constitute me proving the Bible is immoral and historically inaccurate and its God is fictional and there's plenty of other content out there from more intelligent and qualified non-believers who lay out the case for why the Bible is BS.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Historical Fact in the same sense as Red Riding Hood and 3 Little Pigs.

Bible is just collection of myths... has nothing to do with history... except it was collected long time ago. It is not written as historical book.
Lol...That was my point

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join