It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Element Proof The Bible Is BS

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSorrow

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheSorrow

How about explaining it? I posted the passages about the tower of babel as a response to your last post about this and you ignored it. If you think you are SOOOO much more educated on this story than everyone else, then tell us what you are talking about.

He [Nimrod] was also the founder of a city called Babylon.

Which would also be "Babel" if you're going by the Biblical text.

He is a slave owner (hunter of men) and is attempting to enslave all people and contain/ control them by making them dependent upon him in a single city.

Not in the Bible.

He attempts to exalt not mankind as a whole but rather himself as a god.

Not in the Bible.

To help achieve this he creates a temple with which he will reach God. Each level of the tower is a level closer to God (spiritually and not physically).

Not in the Bible.

See Job chapter 1 as a reference- Nimrod is attempting the same to do the same thing satan does in Job 1.

Not in the Bible.

This results in the decaying nature of humanity. And eventually why God intervenes. Mankind is becoming a race of slaves and depravity. Or a many who are controlled by a small few- sound familiar?

Not in the Bible.

If you take time to look through the story you'll find it's all accurate. Would you like me to go line by line through all that?

Be my guest.

If that's an interpretation you find meaningful more power to you but none of that's in the text (which you seem very concerned about quoting accurately.)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

How about explaining it? I posted the passages about the tower of babel as a response to your last post about this and you ignored it. If you think you are SOOOO much more educated on this story than everyone else, then tell us what you are talking about.

He [Nimrod] was also the founder of a city called Babylon.

Which would also be "Babel" if you're going by the Biblical text.

He is a slave owner (hunter of men) and is attempting to enslave all people and contain/ control them by making them dependent upon him in a single city.

Not in the Bible.

He attempts to exalt not mankind as a whole but rather himself as a god.

Not in the Bible.

To help achieve this he creates a temple with which he will reach God. Each level of the tower is a level closer to God (spiritually and not physically).

Not in the Bible.

See Job chapter 1 as a reference- Nimrod is attempting the same to do the same thing satan does in Job 1.

Not in the Bible.

This results in the decaying nature of humanity. And eventually why God intervenes. Mankind is becoming a race of slaves and depravity. Or a many who are controlled by a small few- sound familiar?

Not in the Bible.

If you take time to look through the story you'll find it's all accurate. Would you like me to go line by line through all that?

Be my guest.

If that's an interpretation you find meaningful more power to you but none of that's in the text (which you seem very concerned about quoting accurately.)

I don't mind but it would be helpful to me to go one at a time. I remember one example you pointed out as not being in the Bible- was my reference to Job.

In Job chapter one verse six-
"One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them."

We can see here that it is possible to come "before the Lord". If you take the time to read Job chapter 1 you will discover that this is accurate.

edit on 22-10-2015 by TheSorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Look anything can be explained as metaphor/Allegory given enough time. I could say the story of tower of Babel was a star ship being built...or a teleportation device or a completely different planet. But the truth is the story is as it is, like all the other stories in the bible. It is a tale believed by ancient man who was never very knowledgeable and who believed in magic, gods and witch craft. In a attempt to save the authenticity of the bible modern scholars have devoted many years of their lives to find find hidden meaning, "parables" and metaphors (that never existed) to prolong the purpose of a relic of a text.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor

Look anything can be explained as metaphor/Allegory given enough time. I could say the story of tower of Babel was a star ship being built...or a teleportation device or a completely different planet. But the truth is the story is as it is, like all the other stories in the bible. It is a tale believed by ancient man who was never very knowledgeable and who believed in magic, gods and witch craft. In a attempt to save the authenticity of the bible modern scholars have devoted many years of their lives to find find hidden meaning, "parables" and metaphors (that never existed) to prolong the purpose of a relic of a text.

Very true. My comment on the "bricks and mortar" would be an example. I did make an effort to clarify that. My point isn't that the story is true or false. Just simply trying to explain the story to people who have never read it or never taken the time to study it.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge it until you at least understand it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I don't mind but it would be helpful to me to go one at a time. I remember one example you pointed out as not being in the Bible- was my reference to Job.

"One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them."

We can see here that it is possible to come "before the Lord". If you take the time to read Job chapter 1 you will discover that this is accurate.

And how is this relevant to the Tower of Babel?
edit on 22-10-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

And how is this relevant to the Tower of Babel?

As explained previously- they were making an attempt to reach God.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just as a point of reference these are the only occurrences of Nimrod in the Bible:

And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. Gen 10:8-9

And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth. 1 Chronicles 1:10

And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof. Micah 5:6

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What were the goals? How where they trying to achieve those goals?

Nimrod is a big factor. He is essentially the first "anti Christ"- that's my own interpretation.

God's command is to go out and take care of the earth. Live free, Be fruitful and make the earth fruitful. Not destroy it and pollute it. Which might be a great argument for those of you care about the environment and want to encourage those who believe in the Bible to pursue a "greener" lifestyle or public policy.

To make it simple- The people are doing the opposite. They're becoming very wicked, enslaved, and the list could go on. God intervenes to save all of mankind.

God allegedly intervenes to save mankind, but again you neglected my main point. My main point was; WHY did he care then but not now? We are polluting the earth way more than people did 3-4000 years ago and the geological data confirms it. It says clearly in the story that they baked the bricks, so to me that says they used limestone like they did for bulk of the pyramids, which is extremely clean as far as pollution goes.

There is no evidence whatsoever that this story ever took place, and again the conflicting data on ancient languages nails this point home along with the fact that we pollute today WAY more than people did back then. You keep bringing up Nimrod and depravity, but none of this is mentioned in the story. For somebody that keeps telling folks not to talk about anything except the Babel story, it seems a little hypocritical, no?

Sadly, you do not understand The story. Have you read it?

Can you please stop saying this? Disagreeing with YOUR INTERPRETATION doesn't mean people didn't read or understand it. Is it really difficult to realize that the bible is subject to interpretation? This means not everyone is going to agree about everything. Instead of repeating this over and over again, formulate a response that actually addresses peoples points. You keep accusing people of not reading the story, yet you are adding all kind of plot devices to it that were never mentioned in the story. Have YOU read the story? Do YOU understand it?

edit on 22-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm so glad you posted the verses. I have always questioned this story because first it makes no sense and is easily refuted if you study other races and their origins, and second it paints an "almighty" being as being weak and scared.

Verses 5-7 are amazing in their connotation. The key phrase is "nothing will be impossible for them". This tower project frightens God so much that He has to personally intervene in the project. There is no way you can build a tower or even a stairway to Heaven so why intervene at all? Let the stupid mortals build their tower of folly and when it eventually falls over sit there and laugh. Then use its collapse as a cautionary tale about the arrogance/folly of men and the fate of those who challenge God's supremacy. A Supreme Being shouldn't be worried about our puny actions, yet this project scared the bejeezus out of Him and acted on His fear. We scared God.

Very well stated!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
People who read the bible stories and believe them so literally. Honestly.... ?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

If God exists and sees all this division and fighting over which version of him is accurate and doesn't even feel the need to mention it to the people, it's completely on him.

If God exists you should trust his judgement over your of him.
Flat out.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
What's the difference between exegesis and eisegesis?

Exegesis and eisegesis are two conflicting approaches in Bible study. Exegesis is the exposition or explanation of a text based on a careful, objective analysis. The word exegesis literally means “to lead out of.” That means that the interpreter is led to his conclusions by following the text.

The opposite approach to Scripture is eisegesis, which is the interpretation of a passage based on a subjective, non-analytical reading. The word eisegesis literally means “to lead into,” which means the interpreter injects his own ideas into the text, making it mean whatever he wants.

Obviously, only exegesis does justice to the text. Eisegesis is a mishandling of the text and often leads to a misinterpretation. Exegesis is concerned with discovering the true meaning of the text, respecting its grammar, syntax, and setting. Eisegesis is concerned only with making a point, even at the expense of the meaning of words.

Don't be me, bro.

Somebody has been waiting for this moment since the day he/she created their ATS account!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Flat out.

Trust his judgment???

After genocide and murders of children??

Something is seriously wrong with your statement...

Do you really trust him?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Do you really trust him?

Of course I do! We are taliking about an intelligence far
greater than mine own and if you don't, then even more so
yours. Didn't your mommy and daddy ever tell you they
brought you into this world and they can take you out?
Well they should have. You might be a little smarter.
If God says it's better that someone dies instead of living
in sin. I trust him to the grave. Simple as that. It's
people like you I don't trust. You see atruth written
and think you can judge by it. That makes you look
so foolish. And your buddy Sam doesn't have the
intelligence to impress me in the slightest and
neither do you.
edit on Rpm102215v03201500000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Of course I do! We are taliking about an intelligence far
greater than mine own and if you don't, then even more so
yours.

You can talk about yourself... not sure that you know me enough to make this kind of claims...

Didn't your mommy and daddy ever tell you they

No, they would never scare kid like that. What kind of parents (or in this case God) would say such a thing to his kids?! Intimidation apparently worked on you... and this little info about your parents does explain bit your posts here. Thank you for sharing...

If God says it's better that someone dies instead of living
in sin. I trust him to the grave.

Children are dying in millions each year. What possible sin they could do to your almighty imaginative friend?!

Simple as that. It's
people like you I don't trust. You see atruth written
and think you can judge by it. That makes you look
so foolish. And your buddy Sam doesn't have the
intelligence to impress me in the slightest and
neither do you.

I see fairy tales written, and what appears to be adult human believing in them, as well believing he has imaginative fatherly friend who watches every move he makes, every thoughts he makes... even deepest secrets, because he thinks of himself 'center of universe' and his imaginative friend cares about him...

But even you are scared what might happen if you don't please your imaginative friend, you are capable of insulting Dr. Harris and myself for not being 'intelligent' and use brain and free will that according to you - your imaginary friend 'gave us'?!

I never said I know what God wants, but he seems to tell you all his secrets, because you claim you know his will...

You really describe what ignorance means...

To add to Barcs question about pollution of earth... picture tells thousands of words, right??

edit on 23-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Where did you get all this information? I don't even seen Nimrod's name mentioned in the tower of babel account. How do you know he was the one presiding over the city when the tower was built? Babylon existed for a LONG time.

It's my job. Not to mention six years in a seminary.

You know it's the necessity of jobs like yours that serve as another reminder that the Bible is false. Why would a book meant to be the word of god and needed to convert as many people as possible have an intelligence barrier? Shouldn't the book be COMPLETELY easy to understand for everyone?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

He's gonna come at OP so hard brah. Freaking tower of babel all in his face. Someone is gonna get slammed. Slammed so hard brah.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It has been counterfeit material since it conception by devilworshippers 2000 years ago.
I read about this and sumerian stuff and so on.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

a reply to: SuperFrog

Do you really trust him?

Didn't your mommy and daddy ever tell you they

Child abuse isn't the right path to spirituality... I guess

If God says it's better that someone dies instead of living in sin. I trust him to the grave. Simple as that.

Then again, everyone ever lived is a sinner except Jesus, so why he created life if it's better to be dead than a sinner?

It's people like you I don't trust. You see atruth written and think you can judge by it.

A truth doesn't need approve, belief or judgement. The real truth is out there for all to see,
and can be proven again and again! no need for belief.

A lie needs belief, truth is proven

I stopped trusting the bible authors since i was 14 and I could spot the lies, immorality, cruelty and arrogance.

Would you trust a liar, immoral, cynic arrogant, just because he says in a book he's god?

logic says no, religious dogmatic mind control says yes. simple as that

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Flat out.

And again that's a huge IF. How can I trust anybody's judgement that may not even exist? How do I know anything about what is being judged or how this entity would think? How do I know which mythology accurate describes this entity? The simple answer, you have to trust ancient man and assume they didn't make up the bible, like all other previous mythologies of the world. Otherwise you just have to guess at which one got it right.

In reality, it's far more likely that none of them did. Everyone keeps saying that god is supernatural, and science can't measure supernatural. Using that logic, how could a bunch of ancient people that barely understood the world understand what god wants if he is not measurable or tangible in this world. It's a catch 22.

edit on 23-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join