It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Element Proof The Bible Is BS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Just a few questions:

What was the size of this tower? You know, how big was the base and how tall was it when it was stopped? Where was it located and why have we never found it?

Also, about the flood. If it covered the whole world, it had to be atleast five miles deep. Since earth is a closed eco-system, where did all that water come from and where did it go?

I don't "really" expect a definative answer to these questions, but I have often thought them good to ponder.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hknudzkknexnt

LMAO!!

wow, that video is amazing

edit on 21-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSorrow
a reply to: Barcs

I am not trying to put you down. But your comment reveals a lot of ignorance on the issue. They were never trying to physically build up into the clouds because They thought God was physically just above them. This is a common misconception.

I'm well aware of this. They were trying to reach heaven because they thought it was right above them. But if god punished them by confusing languages over a tower, why would he allow us to build space ships? It defeats the entire purpose of the story and further adds to the evidence that the god of the bible either doesn't exist or is long gone.

Sweet- I don't usually going to such details but yes! Ancient people were significantly more intelligent than what many believe. The "piddlywink" structures were significantly more complex and durable than what you might think

While I tend to agree that other "advanced" cultures have likely come and gone, I like the star gate theory better. Are there ruins of this alleged tower?
edit on 21-10-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Foundryman
I have more thoughts that this "Tower of Babel" thing is false. If the people were truly turned into different races as my Christians want me to believe (i.e rationalizing their book again) then every race should have the same exact origin story. Something along the lines of: "Along time ago we were this, then there was an incident at a tower, and now we are this race with this language." No one except the Christians has this fanciful tale of transformation from one race to another. Why?

The Aborigines of Australia do not believe they were transformed at a tower. Nor do Native Americans, nor Mayans, nor Aleut, nor... well you get the idea. All different stories...no two alike. This seminal event was experienced by every race on this planet yet somehow they all have their own idea on how they came to be? No, the inescapable conclusion is the Tower didn't happen, and since it never happened the peoples of the Earth were free to come up with their own creation fables.

You do realize that to th e people in th e middle east the world was just them and the people they met and knew of around there correct? SO in their view they were it till they discovered new ETHNICITIES but at the time they didnt know we all are the same race of people just with minor diffrences for where we live.

And this is the point that makes the bible irrelevant to the rest of the world. for 1000s of years man has died as Sinners and are now burning in Hell because God didn't forward that memo. Just think of those poor billions

Umm actually no. see when Jesus went to hell when he dies if i remember correctly he brought out all the people who died and sent them to a in between place so thye can learn about God. Hell dont re open till the final throne judgement when it temporarily returns to burn up souls as to make them so as they never existed.

Woo Wow , Lucky them..How Convenient, while the rest of humanity has to play by the rules....MMM Hmmm

No not convenient. ALl dead go there regardless even today. its a holding room. ALthough some i am sure pass straight on and upwards.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

God doesnt give a# anymore... That much is clear

From who's perspective?

Everybody's? When is the last time he came down and interfered? Why is it in the bible he's all over the place and interacting with the people, but today there is nothing but silence.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is just my thoughts as I have pondered your question often.
God interacted with man right up to the transfiguration. And
some after. A short time after the victory at calvary.
After that Satans time
is short and God doesn't need to do anything but let the Heavens
bare witness to what happens and why it is so important, for mans
dominion to have Gods guidance. Everything obeys the all knowing
creator or it all falls apart and dies. Why don't you get that? Makes a
lot more sense than just willy nilly now we're here next we're not.
IMO

I imagine by now the rest of Heaven is beyond apalled at what they see
going in this Godless world. Godless by our own doing and our own
choice.
edit on Ram102115v09201500000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Where is the proof?
Seems weak to not understand something and then equate your own nonunderstanding to the validity of the of human history.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The Bible is nothing more than a Scary Placebo to keep the minions from freaking out and thinking for themselves

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Atheism requires far more faith than Christianity. Christianity has written records and a preponderance of evidence to support what is said in the bible.

Atheism has nothing supporting it except the blind faith of it's followers. And Christianity is not just blind faith like Atheism.

The truth is out there, and it will find you. If you want it to.

What a load... Christianity has nothing but subjective evidence. Since there is no objective evidence, there is no reason to believe. Not believing in something with ZERO objective evidence is the logical default, it doesn't require more faith LMAO. Nobody claims that atheism is proven. It's simply a lack of belief in god based on lack of evidence. Christianity is absolutely blind faith. If it was proven there would be way less atheists, but it's not even close.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

This is just my thoughts as I have pondered your question often.
God interacted with man right up to the transfiguration. And
some after. A short time after the victory at calvary.
After that Satans time
is short and God doesn't need to do anything but let the Heavens
bare witness to what happens and why it is so important, for mans
dominion to have Gods guidance. Everything obeys the all knowing
creator or it all falls apart and dies. Why don't you get that? Makes a
lot more sense than just willy nilly now we're here next we're not.
IMO

I imagine by now the rest of Heaven is beyond apalled at what they see
going in this Godless world. Godless by our own doing and our own
choice.

If God exists and sees all this division and fighting over which version of him is accurate and doesn't even feel the need to mention it to the people, it's completely on him. People are stuck guessing which ancient texts are accurate and which ones are falsely made up by humans. Nobody alive today was alive when any of the major worldviews were written. All the guy has to do is say something, ANYTHING. Nobody knows the will of the creator, nobody knows anything about it. They just have faith placed in old stories that can't be verified. And then he has the nerve to judge people and send them to hell, when he hasn't even made himself known or cleared up the confusion?

He could instantly convert all atheists by stopping by and saying hello every once in a while, especially in the digital age, this would be easy for an all powerful creator. It sounds like a terrible plan to me. Tell a bunch of primitive people to write something down and then let them guess about it for thousands of years. Jehovah was obviously some iron fisted tyrant or ruler. He's long gone. Why would he make us play a guessing game when our eternity is on the line? I'm sorry I just can't buy that. An all powerful creator would be much smarter than that.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Where is the proof?
Seems weak to not understand something and then equate your own nonunderstanding to the validity of the of human history.

Where is the proof that it is real?

The bible makes numerous demonstrably wrong claims.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You have to contemplate God in a sort of abstract or imaginative fashion and not by connection with direct experience. Much is counter-intuitive to the point of absurdity, and much may in fact be unknowable and beyond our comprehension.

Just like quantum mechanics.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Maybe you haven't noticed- the Bible is correct on this occasion. There are multiple languages spoken all over the world. For example, if you go and take a trip to Europe you would discover that more than 20 languages are spoken. I haven't been there for many years but I do remember that various languages are spoken.
edit on 21-10-2015 by TheSorrow because: Typo

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I would challenge you to read some of the Bible. You will quickly discover that authority is challenged throughout the entire book. although I understand the heart of what you're saying. I do agree that Christians who do not pay attention to what the Bible actually says are easily manipulated into doing what they're told.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Where is the proof?

Where is the proof that it is real?

The bible makes numerous demonstrably wrong claims.

Like what claims?

The bible is real. I have one.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I am not sure what claims you are referring to. In reference to the story of Babel- I believe that the Bible is very accurate in claiming that there are multiple languages spoken. It's easy for us as Americans to forget that there are other languages spoken besides English.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Christianity is absolutely blind faith. If it was proven there would be way less atheists, but it's not even close.

This is true.
Once one establishes faith then they can begin to see proof.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull
a reply to: [post=19945413]ketsuko[/post

For example, The entire theme of the Bible does away with such things as slavery and murder.

How do you figure that? Paul's letter to Philemon clearly accepts the institution of slavery. There's nothing in the New Testament to contradict that. The most you can say is that Paul advocates decent treatment of slaves. Slavery was widespread in the Roman empire and it's not addressed anywhere in the New Testament and, of course, it is permitted by the Old Testament as well.

Nah, read the whole book of Philemon. Slavery is opposed. Paul is actively working to free Onesimus.

This is another example of what I've been talking about. People nitpick different passages without understanding the larger picture. That's what was happening in reference to comments on the subject at hand- Babel.

Yes it is true that slavery is in the Bible. But is actually opposed by God in the Bible. I don't mind people don't believe in the Bible but the same time they misquoted it to make their points. Let's be intellectually honest.

First of all, you're not the only one in the room who has studied the Bible.

Second of all, your interpretation of Philemon is not universally accepted. Paul sent Onesimus back to his owner, he wrote nothing to the owner about the institution of slavery being wrong and he does not explicitly say anything about freeing him.

Contrast that with Paul's strident and unambiguous condemnation of sexual immorality for example. And compare that Colossians, Ephesians, 1 Timothy, Titus and 1 Peter which all instruct slaves to obey their masters. Or is that "nitpicking"?

If slavery is "actually opposed by God in the Bible" it would have been nice to have it spelled out the same way other moral violations are described in detail so that slavers would not have been able to justify themselves with the New Testament for eighteen centuries.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

It's very common for those who have not studied the Bible, but simply read small passages to misinterpret history or culture as being approved by God in the Bible. It is true that slavery did exist in Bible times as it does today. However, you would be misinterpreting the Bible if you then assume that God approves of it.

For example in genesis Joseph is sold into slavery by his Brothers. Some may wrongfully assumed that God approves of brothers selling each other into slavery. This would be an example of the type of misinterpretation you are using.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That All sounds like a Croc to me ............
edit on 21-10-2015 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join