It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim they can reduce belief in God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Woodcarver

Nope, just sarcasm.

Believe me, the day I actually bring out the anger, it will be richly and readily apparent I am unhinged.

Easy there Kets. I like having you and a few others around here as a counter balance to us evil atheists. However much we fight and argue. It wouldn't do for you to get the banhammer.

This tech could be beneficial if developed and applied properly. It could also be very bad if developed and applied wrongly. And if history has taught us anything...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I could very much see it being used wrongly.

Could be used as a "intresting " interrogation tool.

If you call scrambling someone's brain intresting.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This right here is exactly what part of the problem is.
God does not need to "get with the times" He is infinite, meaning there is not time with God.
Now they come after the Christians. Yeah, well check this out they claim they do this with magnets but isn't the LHC in part all magnets? So when they turn it on wouldn't that mean they are in theory doing the same thing to the whole world?
However, we must all remember that no matter what no person, machine, or anything but yourself can pluck you out of Gods hands.

I got a lot of this info from here: intelrevolution.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So, if Atheists were used would it make them believe in God or send them into another dimension altogether?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

This is interesting... It makes me wonder if there has been an OPPOSITE magnetic force applied (previously) to most people to make them believe in a god in the first place and this experiment is just neutralizing that charge...

I also found it interesting that the same magnetic energy that made people drop their belief in a god ALSO made them be more accepting of others...

Think about that on a conspiracy theory level. The mysterious PTB would have a vested interest in a religious (controllable) populace AND in a divided (distracted) populace, that is intolerant of other religions, cultures, races, and ethnicities.

Maybe the fluoride has a magnetic charge...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Welcome to the Ministry of Love.

George Orwell was right.

Anyone who reads this ought to be scared out of their mind. It means your thoughts and emotions might as well not be your own anymore, and if that is the case, then what is the point of living?

Because if its on the internet, it must be true.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
"Scientists have claimed that they are able reduce belief in God by directing magnetic force into the brain, the Telegraph reports."

So magnets do work on human emotions and then the physical?
Do wearing magnets help sportsmen?

Its interesting, seems its gone beyond testing and is a fact?

The crux of the report is dealing with ideology, including religion.
So does this dumbing us down or maybe dumbing us up have any benefits, will we all walk around with magnetic hats, magnetic street lights, will people be less interested in conflict

It does seem it helps people become less confrontational
"Those whose targeted area of the brain was momentarily shut down reported 32.8 per cent less belief in God, angels or heaven. Additionally, they were 28.5 per cent more positive in their feelings towards an immigrant who criticised their country."

www.christiantoday.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join