It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Breathable Alcohol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It's only $300 bucks, apparently. I'd like to try one, just to see what it does.
Do you pour any kind of alcohol in it? What's the point to mixing drinks then? Just buy the cheapest vodka you can find, eh?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is interesting. It�s a whole new way of looking at alcohol. The first thing I thought was how this puts alcohol on the same level as other drugs that are either illegal or on the borderline.

Don�t get me wrong. I�m not in favor of outlawing alcohol. Just the opposite. In my view all drugs should be legalized and managed/monitored. The war on drugs is futile and will never irradicate the use of them. As long as people want the stuff it will flourish, legal or not. Trying to stop it is a waste of time and money. All it does is fill our jails/prisons with people who will then get out and do the same thing all over again.

Anyway, now alcohol is on the level of poppers. I can picture a bar full of people snorting their drinks. What a hoot!!

Next they�ll come out with alcohol pills.

I wonder if snorting alcohol has a long lasting effect, or if it�s just a short rush and then over with. In any case, I can see it as the next fad.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The machine looks just like a nebulizer that people with asthma use for certain medications.
I might have to try it with one.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i can imagine it now buzzzzzzzzzzzzz bizzzzzzzzzzzzz where all there sitting red eye jed eye looking like somthing outta star wars movie buzzing alcohol with this big elephant trunk lol lolol

this has a lot of issues and i feel this is more targeted too younger ppl my age though i wouldnt use this myself on a regular basis but id love to try it

but if its the buzz u want from alcohol then u must have a problem

using drugs for the buzz is classic signs for getting away from sumthing and mybe probs in life that 1 cant deal with, flame me if u want

id have to even say yes ive had a faize of just getting drunk for the buzz but you reach an age for me which is 19 to 21 where u drink to enjoy urself not get blitzed out of your face for the buzz

its a sad day to think ppl will go out with there mates to use this and yes it is fun but how much does it say for likeing your mates when its the buzz thats more important

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
had it at glastonbury, they had these machines that allowed you to inhale it like vapour.. kind of got you really drunk for about 30mins or so and then back to normal... they also had oxygen too hehe.. just a fad but its nothing new really... seen a guy from when I was at college snortvodka through a straw.. made him sick to his pits hehe...

dude i now having a go...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
They used to sell very large balloons filled with nitrous oxide on Bourbon Street. This was a very cheap, fun way to get a very good buzz. Then three teenagers somewhere stole a bottle of nitrous oxide, parked their car, rolled up the windows and turned on the gas with the predictable results.

The City Council then made it illegal to sell nitrous oxide in balloons on Bourbon Street. What a bust.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
To clear up some questions -- yes, the alcohol will still be processed by your liver. Yes, your BAC will still be affected in the same way as drinking. Yes, the sobriety and breath/blood tests will still be valid. Basically, the only thing this changes is the fact that rather than drinking the alcohol, you are inhaling it.

Let's remember that people have been doing this for YEARS AND YEARS. Most people don't drink moonshine, they huff a wet rag of it.

Zip

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon

In the original article it says it goes to your brain faster then with an IV. Thats what makes it dangerous.

Hmm. Doesn't make sense. If you inhale it, it has to be absorbed thru the lungs into the blood and then pass from the lungs to the heart and then to the brain. But if you inject it, its instantly in the blood, and merely has to travel from the blood to the brain. I'm not sure of the speeds, but how much longer is it supposed to take to get blood from the arms to the brain as compared to from the lungs to the heart to the brain?

Also, why should the time it takes to get to the brain make a difference overall anyways?

This machine is not only going into bars, but is also being sold to individuals. In a bar, the bar tender can cut you off when you've had enough. Just imagine the college dorm parties, with contests and irresponsible young adults not knowing their limits.
I really think that they'd rather do a power hour, then some shots, and then snort some ketamine before sitting there with some hose slowly sucking a shots worth of alcohol. Especially once the novelty wears off.

Th

This new way of consuming alcohol will encourage people to have more, inhail between shots or drinks.

This is the problem. From wht I have read about this device previously, it takes a regular shot ofsay, whiskey, and vapourizes it, and then you inhale it. But its a process that takes time, and you can't consume the shot as quickly by this device as you can, say, with a simple glass. You can drink a beer, with an equivalent amount of alcohol, quicker than you can consume a shot this way.

The big difference is that its being absorbed the the lungs quickly rather than by the stomach slowly, so it means a higher BAC quicker.

woodside
Since they won't be old enough to go to a bar and use this machine,

If they can't get their hands on alcohol at home or at a bar then the machine is useless. People aren't going to buy this machine, not regular people anyway. I can see college frats renting them for a party, or maybe even regular people renting them from a beer distributer for a party, but not owning them. But underage people get into bars all the time, which is where they are going to see this thing for the most part anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Hmm. Doesn't make sense. If you inhale it, it has to be absorbed thru the lungs into the blood and then pass from the lungs to the heart and then to the brain. But if you inject it, its instantly in the blood, and merely has to travel from the blood to the brain. I'm not sure of the speeds, but how much longer is it supposed to take to get blood from the arms to the brain as compared to from the lungs to the heart to the brain?

Try to remember human phys class.

Anything injected into a vein goes back to the heart then to the lungs. Then it goes back to the heart again where it is pumped out to the rest of the body and brain.

Anything inhaled goes straight from the lungs to the heart then back out to the body and brain.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I see a major problem with this method of altering the state of mind........It is based on my main opinion of why drugs should remain illegal while alcohol isn't........

and that is.........alcohol, can be used as a vehicle to alter one's state of mind, but it does not need to be used for this purpose.......Wine with a meal, or social drinking where one limits their use of alcohol and remains coherant is an aspect of alcohol consumption that is not part of recreational drug usage..........

For instance.......no one takes cocain or dope for the enjoyment of the smoke or power..................no, they take it to get an altered state of mind and for that sole purpose only................you are either stoned or not..........

On that otherhand the consumption of alcohol can be graduated in its use so that many will have a drink or two for the taste or enjoyment with a meal or social situation...........

Now to take that process of graduated consumption of alcohol and turn it into a a process of inhalation places it in the same catagory as recreational illegal drugs..................you are using it to get stoned, not to enjoy the actual inhalation process......

and that is setting things up for major abuse of alcohol...........not good at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
the underlying problem is the fact that teenagers arent allowed to drink. they dont have problems in europe with college kids beer bonging themselves to death like they do over here (usa) becasue its not taboo (as well it should not be).

alchohol is legal and ingesting it anyway you see fit also is. i would not want to try one of these 'vapor shots' but who are you to say its ok to drink in this scenario but not this one.

what i put in my body becomes your business when it starts to effect you, and not one second before then, period.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rugoolian
but if its the buzz u want from alcohol then u must have a problem

using drugs for the buzz is classic signs for getting away from sumthing and mybe probs in life that 1 cant deal with, flame me if u want

Ummm, there's nothing wrong with drinking to get drunk. (Why else would you drink alcoholic beverages?) The problems arise when you get drunk to escape, not just when you drink to catch a buzz. There's a big difference.

I think this would be nice, if it's a cleaner, more sterile, feeling buzz. I can see how it could be abused, but it also says that it takes about 20 mins to do a shot. I imagine alcohol poisoning would be just as dangerous as it would be in liquid form. Too much alcohol, and you're going to feel pretty bad. On the up side, it sounds like you can't ingest as much alcohol as quickly. It may actually be safer, in that aspect. That's why I'd like to try it. There's only one way to find out. I'm jusy wondering what the point is in choosing different types of alcohol. Do you get the aroma of whatever it is you're inhaling, then? I mean, I would think you'd want pure alcohol. I also wonder if it's like breathing alcohol fumes. If it is, I don't think I'd enjoy it much. I've done that before, working with alcohol. It's not a good feeling.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Damned]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join