It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search For Intelligent Aliens Near Bizarre Dimming Star Has Begun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Am I the only one thinking "Tell Hubble to spin it's little wheels, and open up that shutter, and get us a damn pic already" Phage? Oberg? Anybody? Is this possible, or is it outside of Hubble's capabilities to take a actual clear image of something at about 1500 lightyears away?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
Am I the only one thinking "Tell Hubble to spin it's little wheels, and open up that shutter, and get us a damn pic already" Phage? Oberg? Anybody? Is this possible, or is it outside of Hubble's capabilities to take a actual clear image of something at about 1500 lightyears away?

That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking that there are a few other Telescopes and Arrays that we could use to take a look.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
or just wait till the james webb is up and running,we,ve waited decadeds as it is so another few years for the scope that should answer these questions isn,t far away.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

1,500 light years is too close for Hubble, which has been designed to look billions of light years into the universe. Besides Hubble wouldn't give us a clear indication of alien life form, that's why they are listening for radio signals from the region.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Halo 5 publicity stunt anyone?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is exciting and I remember when this system was first announced back in 2011... now that it has been vetted for more natural explanations, this is way, way more interesting... however...

I must say that though radio is the only thing we know how to look for, it's a very unlikely tool for any space faring civ... way too slow and diffuse... akin to us using smoke signals.

I know we are limited by what we know.. .and couldn't begin to look for quantum entanglement or psi communication, for instance, but basing the mystery of alien life on radio (or lack thereof a la Fermi) is SO 19th century.

I bet if we had the latest issue of "Scientific Galaxian" or something, we would hear a full, busy universe.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
1,500 light years is too close for Hubble, which has been designed to look billions of light years into the universe.

Not quite. It gives perfectly good photos of Jupiter, and it's just down the road a piece: Jupiter Hubble Images

The problem is that it's not built to look at suns or stars and anything nearby is going to get "whited out."

So we're not going to see those super AI robots tearing apart those planets to create more of themselves.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

even more disturbing is the fact that if they were so advanced and had evolved past fighting each
other, wouldnt they be wary of other civilizations - why would they broadcast their presence?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

using the Allen Telescope Array to search for radio signals from the star

So a race of advanced aliens might be "draining" a star...and are using radio.

Let me try and predict something...no radio signals will be detected. This will only reaffirm our "scientists"...no Aliens.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
even more disturbing is the fact that if they were so advanced and had evolved past fighting each other, wouldnt they be wary of other civilizations - why would they broadcast their presence?

Bait.
edit on 19-10-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
1,500 light years is too close for Hubble, which has been designed to look billions of light years into the universe.

Not quite. It gives perfectly good photos of Jupiter, and it's just down the road a piece: Jupiter Hubble Images

The problem is that it's not built to look at suns or stars and anything nearby is going to get "whited out."

So we're not going to see those super AI robots tearing apart those planets to create more of themselves.

Thanks for that, that's most enlightening.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

eeeek! not the reply I was expecting.

I hope something comes of this.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Really cool find. Anyone think we could be seeing some variation of a Dyson Sphere around this star? I mean, if we're going down the path of thinking it's all AI and robots, why not?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I thought January was the go date.. things go fast apparently...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

using the Allen Telescope Array to search for radio signals from the star

So a race of advanced aliens might be "draining" a star...and are using radio.

Let me try and predict something...no radio signals will be detected. This will only reaffirm our "scientists"...no Aliens.

Radio signals to aliens are like smoke signals to us.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well well well... are we glad to be alive!

I have very strong feeling that we will hear confirmation of AI and behold news of the discovery of a far more advanced Type 2 civilization.

I would put it at around fall of 2016!

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Now they are saying the weird signalsThey were getting were from a microwave in the next room. The signals usually showed up around lunch time. The Microwave was located on the wall in the room behind the computer. a reply to: raedar

edit on 19-10-2015 by Lolomin because: wrog spelling added words

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Maybe its just a bunch of Asteroids caught in a space whirlpool!

Other than that, it could be some structure built to harness the Sun's Solar Energy! I can't think why any Alien Lifeform would want to build something so Light & Heat could'nt come to their Planet unless they are Aliens who prefer the dark!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolomin

HAHAHA! You need to link this!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join