It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

87 Year Old Blind Activist Dies Shackled to Hospital Bed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The story of of Irwin A. Schiff as told by the man's father, Peter Schiff of Connecticut, parts of his blog follow below:

the government moved him from an extremely low security federal prison camp in New York State where he was within easy driving distance from family and friends, to a federal correctional institute, first in Indiana and then in Texas. This was done specially to give him access to better medical care. ... Yet while at these supposed superior medical facilities, my father received virtually no medical care at all, not even for the cataracts that left him legally blind, until the skin cancer on his head had spread to just about every organ in his body. ... We tried to get him out of prison on compassionate release so that he could live out the final months of his life with his family, spending some precious moments with the grandchildren he had barely known. ...despite the combined help of a sitting Democratic U.S. congresswoman and a Republican U.S. senator, his petition was still sitting on someone’s desk waiting for yet another signature, even though everyone at the prison actually wanted him released. Even as my father lay dying in intensive care, a phone call came in from a lawyer and the Bureau of Prisons in Washington asking the prison medical representatives for more proof of the serious nature of my father’s condition.

... As the cancer consumed him his voice changed, and the prison phone system no longer recognized it, so he could not even talk with family members on the phone during his finale month of life. When his condition deteriorated to the point where he needed to be hospitalized, government employees blindly following orders kept him shackled to his bed. This despite the fact that escape was impossible for an 87 year old terminally ill, legally blind patient who could barley breathe, let alone walk.

Source: libertyblitzkrieg.com...

The man insisted on disagreeing with the IRS and was going to have to spend a total of 16 years in prison for doing so. So, they waited until the guy was just about dead before starting to treat him. It must have turned out much cheaper this way for them, dying much sooner rather than later, so I wonder if the correctional system gets some kind of bonus for that.

Yet, people who are not at risk of doing physical harm to others simply don't belong in prison in the first place. I'm in the tiny minority who believes there is too much of this injustice going on to believe the US federal government has any legitimacy as an organization, and is merely a band of rampaging criminals. The modern "social contract" is a complete joke. You never agreed to it, yet you are bound by it. And in most places, including the USA, they (the USA) claim they don't offer any guarantees of protection of any sort.

In some places, its actually morally wrong to pay taxes. People who pay taxes are actually in the morally wrong in the USA, because look at what the US does with the money! Personally I make it a point of personal responsibility to make sure I'm taking at least as much or more than what I give to them, because what they do is wrong, and I would be supporting wrongs in paying them money. The idea that someone is guilty of tax evasion by the IRS, is more ludicrous than considering it tax evasion to fail to paying your 10% tithe to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti monster, because they won't use your money to hurt people. Not only is the IRS and the social contract a total joke, but few people care enough to try and understand it, even though its the basis for our daily lives.

What the IRS did to Irwin Schiff only proves he was right to not pay the IRS what they wrongfully believe they are owed. Its not your taxes, its their taxes. And if you disagree with their taxes, don't pay them, but also don't get stuck with life in prison in the process like Irwin Schiff did. Its obviously worse than committing rape in the eyes of the ruling class, given since the sentence is longer for disrespecting the IRS than raping a child in many US states.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Well that is mighty considerate of you to take this trouble to communicate Irwin's mal-treatment at the hands of the authorities. Yes, money matters take precedence over flesh and blood in this brutal system. R.I.P Irwin, hoping for a world where the authorities who treated you like this, who are much blinder than you were, get "eyes to see"; the kind of eyes Jesus spoke of.

edit on 19-10-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Evil person not paying their fair share. Only explanation /sarc

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well had to look up the fathers details.

Irwin Schiff

From what I can see not detail of being violent. They did a mental check...kind of and marked him as crazy it seems. Looks at the charges all seem to be taxed based, and all his protests are pointed at the IRS. But no report of violence added the charges. His release date was July 26th, 2017.

Here is a better link for the Court actions and case details.
Court actions

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
sounds like the rancher guy not paying grazing taxes for 20 years like the other ranchers did, and then proceeded to run his cattle anyway on government land. even after going to court (he lost) he got his anti-government guys to come and protect him, with loaded AR's pointed at the BLM police until they backed down....now an anti-government, anti-tax, man can't get government to work in a timely manner for his benefit?????.....the phrase:....what goes around, comes around comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
sounds like the rancher guy not paying grazing taxes for 20 years like the other ranchers did, and then proceeded to run his cattle anyway on government land. even after going to court (he lost) he got his anti-government guys to come and protect him, with loaded AR's pointed at the BLM police until they backed down....now an anti-government, anti-tax, man can't get government to work in a timely manner for his benefit?????.....the phrase:....what goes around, comes around comes to mind.
The BLM situation was different. Yeah, what goes around, comes around. But did Irwin Schiff really treat IRS employees badly, like by shackling them to a post while they were dying of cancer? If the IRS simply left it at "You think we are wrong? No, you're wrong." That would be what goes around, comes around. Or in the BLM case when the feds went in to point guns at the Bundy Ranch, the Bundy Ranch got ready to point guns back. That was "what goes around, comes around".

I'm also in disagreement with the whole "anti-government" label. Anti-government is equivalent anarchist, and Irwin Schiff was not an anarchist. So, he was not anti-government. If you take a libertarian non-anarchist and put them in late 1870 America, they would simply be a moderate, or at worst a confederate sympathizer since libertarians nearly always believe in the right to independence, and at the time the civil war was recent history. Or, if you take them back to 1770 they would simply be an anti-federalist. Certainly that label still applies today. Anti-federalist, anti-big-government, or anti-globalist would all be better descriptions of his political philosophy.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, if he would have followed the law like he was supposed to, he would not have been in prison and shackled to a bed.

Prisoners often get handcuffed to the bed when in the hospital, someone could have wheeled him out. A guard is usually close by or someone is assigned a key when prisoners are in the hospital to uncuff them if needed.

Most people do not live to be eighty seven, prison life must have been treating him good.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I never swore fealty to the Feds. Many other people didn't either.

Screw them.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: jimmyx

I never swore fealty to the Feds. Many other people didn't either.

Screw them.

If one believes the Bible,

Matthew 5:33-37New International Version (NIV)
Oaths

33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, "DO NOT SWEAR AN OATH AT ALL": either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.[a]

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, if he would have followed the law like he was supposed to, he would not have been in prison and shackled to a bed.

Prisoners often get handcuffed to the bed when in the hospital, someone could have wheeled him out. A guard is usually close by or someone is assigned a key when prisoners are in the hospital to uncuff them if needed.

Most people do not live to be eighty seven, prison life must have been treating him good.
At the end of the week before he died, Irwin Schiff didn't give money on a weekly basis to people who blew up a hospital recently. Did you? I believe a fitting punishment for your support of those who did that would be to shackle you to a Doctors Without Borders hospital bed and see if you make it out alive. I welcome you to propose a fitting punishment for me for looking at the US feds as a joke much like Schiff did. Given Schiff's years in prison and being denied access to medical care wasn't enough for you, I wonder how much further you want to take it? Should I simply be summarily executed, or perhaps that isn't enough and I should be tortured too?

There is no "the law". There are many organizations with conflicting laws. The only law people "should" follow as you put it, is law they have agreed to follow. Its the idea of a social contract. But even when you break the law, that doesn't mean anything goes as you are implying. If there was a "the law", then perhaps the feds wouldn't spend so much of the time breaking their own laws with impunity. You may view the system we have as some kind of order, but I see it as mass chaos.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

originally posted by: rickymouse

At the end of the week before he died, Irwin Schiff didn't give money on a weekly basis to people who blew up a hospital recently. Did you? I believe a fitting punishment for your support of those who did that would be to shackle you to a Doctors Without Borders hospital bed and see if you make it out alive. I welcome you to propose a fitting punishment for me for looking at the US feds as a joke much like Schiff did. Given Schiff's years in prison and being denied access to medical care wasn't enough for you, I wonder how much further you want to take it? Should I simply be summarily executed, or perhaps that isn't enough and I should be tortured too?

There is no "the law". There are many organizations with conflicting laws. The only law people "should" follow as you put it, is law they have agreed to follow. Its the idea of a social contract. But even when you break the law, that doesn't mean anything goes as you are implying. If there was a "the law", then perhaps the feds wouldn't spend so much of the time breaking their own laws with impunity. You may view the system we have as some kind of order, but I see it as mass chaos.

Hey, I never said our government wasn't a joke. Look who is running for president, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just goes to show you we are all a glorified and infinitely useful meat shield to those in power. Soon enough they won't need us at all.

new topics

top topics

join