It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gives planned parenthood the middle finger.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Sour grapes? Christian girls don't do things like get pregnant and have abortions?

About the Guttmacher Institute
Now in its fifth decade, the Guttmacher Institute continues to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights through an interrelated program of research, policy analysis and public education designed to generate new ideas, encourage enlightened public debate and promote sound policy and program development. The Institute’s overarching goal is to ensure the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health for all people worldwide.

The Institute produces a wide range of resources on topics pertaining to sexual and reproductive health, publishes two peer-reviewed journals, Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health and International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, and the public policy journal Guttmacher Policy Review. In 2013, the Institute was awarded a prestigious Population Center grant by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in support of the Guttmacher Center for Population Research Innovation and Dissemination. Guttmacher is one of only two non-university-based institutions out of the two dozen receiving such funding.

Guttmacher Strategies

Ultimate Indicators of Progress
• Major reductions in unintended
pregnancy and in the need for abortion
• Major reductions in maternal mortality
and morbidity
• Major reductions in adolescent
pregnancy
• Major reductions in the prevalence of
sexually transmitted infections, including
HIV
• Major reductions in inequities in sexual
and reproductive health outcomes

You know that most Americans identify as Christians. It's interesting to note that Catholic are getting more abortions than Protestants. Poor Catholic girls learn about birth control the hard way.

edit on 19-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I am not deflecting jack. If abortion is the unmoral and unethical behavior that is the cause of the defunding then why would other clinics not be subject to it?

Typical ignoring of the whole situation by conservatives.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: alkalisunshine

and i don't need to hear that (prescribed) birth controls are not readily available to them when there are many different types you can purchase otc without prescriptions that aren't just condoms.

let's see, you have male condoms, female condoms, sponges, and spermicide.....and the emergency contraception....
well, I wouldn't bet on any of those be too effective, except the emergency contraception, which might be good for those you are having occasional sex maybe but at $20 a dose, they wouldn't be that useful as a birth control method for many women, and well, i don't believe they were meant to be. they seem to be more of a preventive measure for when you know you messed up on your preferred method.

so, well, there's your grand selection of otc birth control methods.....

www.womenshealth.gov...

to me it looks like your chances of these types of birth control are more than double the birth control pill... outside of the morning after pill which I already explained why I don't see that as a useful method for many women. they're not the most economical either...

edit on 19-10-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dang.

Some of you are wearing me out and I feel a bit sick. Are you all men? I am a Texas woman. I support the defunding of Planned Parenthood. I do not support abortion, nor do I want to be made to support abortion. I'm not brainwashed into thinking the PP issue is some violation of women's rights. I don't understand the passion some of you have as you strive to protect public funding for the destruction of innocent lives. What is the motivation? I should probably keep the rest of my opinion to myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Texas gives planned parenthood the middle finger.

Ah, Texas, stark contrast to Loving human evolution!
A vicious and murderous state (of ignorance and hate)!
Another zit on the buttox of humanity!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

Do you want the other clinics defunded to then? Is it any place that carries out abortions that needs to be defunded?
PP isn't the only place that does abortions, so why is the attack only on them.

No one is making you support abortion, not sure where you are getting that. Your taxes do not go to it; period, end of story, full stop.

I don't understand the passion of some to defund a place that prevents more abortions then they carry out.
Funny how you all say you are so hell bent against it but don't see the forest through the trees.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

edit on Oct-19-2015 by xuenchen because: blank wrong topic

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
if a woman dies from a botched back-alley abortion, i think her family should sue Texas in federal court for all the money they can get...get these religious wackos out of the Texas state government, send them to Saudi-Arabia...at least there they can walk lock-step with the Muslim religious nuts

Right... Only religious people care about selling dead baby parts for profit. What terrible people they are. Do you giggle when you hear that vacuum cleaner sound at Planned parenthood too? You would be perfect for one of their staff. It is fitting that the morally bankrupt see those against abortion as religious wackos. The whole charade is just one tool the left uses to divide for war to fight to become an entrenched majority, and all it really equals is an immoral quest for power.
edit on 19-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So, is not funding abortions the same as making them illegal? Does Obamacare cover abortions? Abortion clinics are for profit organizations, do not kid yourselves.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
if a woman dies from a botched back-alley abortion,

You do know that over 90% of all illegal abortions in the past were done by doctors using proper abortion medical tools don't you? What would change that up? The whole back-ally abortions was a propaganda tool, that even at the height of illegal abortions there was about 300 deaths per year and that was well within the norms for the era.

Women have the right, but should that right be paid for by tax payer's money? The real truth behind state abortion funding has nothing to do with the heath and welfare of the mother, it was determined that paying 1000 for an abortion was cheaper than a life of state welfare to a child born. Same reason crime rate has dropped every year since it peaked in the early 1990s, abortions weeds out many that would grow up to only be a crime statistic, so at the cost of our morality we live safer....

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthLover557
Dang.

Some of you are wearing me out and I feel a bit sick. Are you all men? I am a Texas woman. I support the defunding of Planned Parenthood. I do not support abortion, nor do I want to be made to support abortion. I'm not brainwashed into thinking the PP issue is some violation of women's rights. I don't understand the passion some of you have as you strive to protect public funding for the destruction of innocent lives. What is the motivation? I should probably keep the rest of my opinion to myself.

The motivation is only group brainwashing. People get that feeling they belong to something, and then peers reinforce that they are doing a good thing, so it feels like a team thing. The only problem is that it is evil in it's very nature to label an absolutely hideous thing, into a good thing. No matter how ugly the thing is, they will keep fighting for the team as long as there are "team members" egging them on..

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Are you really that obtuse, or are you just trying to promote lies?

Federal tax dollars are not used to pay for abortion, see the Hyde Amendment. Texas tax payers (Medicaid) don't pay for abortion. So you need to drop that argument!

Defunding Planned Parenthood does nothing to stop abortion because 1) abortion is already privately funded, and 2) Planned Parenthood provides birth control that prevents abortions, to low income and at risk women.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I support abortions and to everyone who doesn't...oh well get over yourself.

Only a person can be murdered. Therefore, abortion is not murder unless one considers the fetus to be a person. According to Roe v. Wade, the word "person" does not include the unborn, and a fetus does not have equal status with the mother until the point of viability, or when the fetus can exist outside of the mother's womb. In addition, according to the common law in criminal matters, the definition of a "person" is one who has been born alive.

Now submit your proof that aborting a baby is considered murder, because I'm tired of hearing it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So the republicans cry about their tax dollars going towards abortions, saying it is murder yet keep quiet when their tax dollars are being spent bombing over seas killing other peoples babies.

Where are their tears for those children, oh yeah it is just being used as a political tool.

If that doesn't prove how scummy that party is, then I don't know what will.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Do you want the other clinics defunded to then? Is it any place that carries out abortions that needs to be defunded?
PP isn't the only place that does abortions, so why is the attack only on them.

No one is making you support abortion, not sure where you are getting that. Your taxes do not go to it; period, end of story, full stop.

I don't understand the passion of some to defund a place that prevents more abortions then they carry out.
Funny how you all say you are so hell bent against it but don't see the forest through the trees.

To your first question, no. To your second question, no. If you were willing to look into the issue at all, you would find the reasons Texas has terminated Planned Parenthood from its Medicaid program in a letter sent by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission to Planned Parenthood. That is the best source for information on this matter. If you need to stand aside and make up your own story about this, do that.

I never said anyone was making me support abortion. I said I don't support abortion. Furthermore, you know nothing about where my tax dollars do and do not go despite what you say. Period, end of story, full annoying stop.

If you could prove your last statement, would you?

Good day.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

I support abortions and to everyone who doesn't...oh well get over yourself.

Having a baby and raising a child is getting over yourself.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
IMO, the desire to get an abortion is akin to the mindset of feeding your children fast food in lieu of making good meals, because your "career" takes precedence. It's the same mindset of divorcing your spouse out of boredom, and seeing the look on your children's faces- scared and confused, and you're too wretched and self-absorbed to fathom what you've done. It all stems from the same sickness.

Luckily, when a civilization gets to this point, they don't last much longer. The barbarians from over the borders will take advantage of sickness and weakness, they'll ravage and destroy, and in so doing they'll set our heads back on straight. Then we start all over again.

edit on 20-10-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Are you really that obtuse, or are you just trying to promote lies?

Federal tax dollars are not used to pay for abortion, see the Hyde Amendment.

No where in any post of mine did I state the Feds did, so what is your point here?

Texas tax payers (Medicaid) don't pay for abortion. So you need to drop that argument!

Defunding Planned Parenthood does nothing to stop abortion because 1) abortion is already privately funded, and 2) Planned Parenthood provides birth control that prevents abortions, to low income and at risk women.

How can the State de-fund PP if they do not fund them in the first place? I do not want to stop abortions, so that is a moot point too.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

so what is your point here?

My point? You said:

So, is not funding abortions the same as making them illegal?

Defunding Planned Parenthood doesn't defunding abortion.

The federal government doesn't fund abortions, Texas tax payers don't fund abortion. Defunding Planned Parenthood doesn't do a thing to defund abortion because abortion is already privately funded.......so............

What's your point?

Defunding Planned Parenthood will stop them from providing birth control, STD tests, PAP smears, breast exams and women's ability to see doctor's for referrals and assistance with mammograms through Medicaid, not abortions. It will adversely affect women at risk in Texas, and as a result.

I'm surprised that you would support the government making decision regarding women's health care based on videos that were based on dis-info and lies.

edit on 20-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

I know your taxes don't go to abortions, it has been that way for a while.
Oh so they are going off the damn videos? The ones that have been proven to have been manipulated and investigations found no wrong doing them?
Alright, so how about clinics that participate in fetal research? Do you want those shut down now as well?

I do not support abortion, nor do I want to be made to support abortion.

This is the comment that made me bring up your tax dollars as that was the only thing I could see as forcing you to support it. Who is trying to make you support it? You don't have to, I really don't all that much but agree it is the women's choice to do it. I would prefer the women not make that choice but the why behind that is a whole other thread.
And yes, I will gladly show that defunding them will lead to an increase, as well as the false claim that they went down.
Oddly enough from Abbot again...
www.politifact.com...
www.motherjones.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join