It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gives planned parenthood the middle finger.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: redoubt
would you charge the women with murder who self-aborted?

I am not a District Attorney. I am not deity.
I am just a human being... that somehow managed to be born alive.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: jimmyx

a responsible person would know the risks involved of getting a back ally abortion, if chooses to do so, its on her the consequences. If she doesn't like texas and it laws she can just go to another state. Why does everyone feel that they have the right to sue someone else over there bad choices

so if a woman gets a botched back-alley abortion, you solution is...oh well, it's their fault, let them die?.....how Christian of you.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Wrong their conduct and their ethical practice of a medical procedure, and their cohersion there of to have it done has been the argument, the left have SPUN it just like you are doing now.

What conduct and ethical practice?!

No one has seen the unedited videos, they haven't been released yet, so nice try.
Other clinics take part in fetal research too.
Sorry to burst that bubble.

Obviously a clinic that a large majority of people,at least in Texas, feel have been dishonest, gruesome, and monstrous in the way they carry out their procedures.....

So trial by the population huh...kangaroo courts are ok in this case I guess.
Forget the ACTUAL investigations that found no wrong doing.

The spin here is the distortion of what is going on and demonizing PP because it is a political hot button. Screw the actual people it involves.
edit on thMon, 19 Oct 2015 18:35:57 -0500America/Chicago1020155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: thesaneone

I am also against abortions, this issue is about taking away women rights by people who fall for lies or are offended by something that does not affect them.

Did you have a point ?

No one is taking away a woman's rights. This is simply a funding decision.

I know you are smart enough to know better.
edit on 2015/10/19 by Metallicus because: Fixed Spelling Error

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

a reply to: redoubt
would you charge the women with murder who self-aborted?

I am not a District Attorney. I am not deity.
I am just a human being... that somehow managed to be born alive.

if your mother was against the idea of you being born, you probably wouldn't have.......it was happening long before Roe v Wade

link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
As a result, Texas is about to see a massive increase in STD's and Women's health issues, and a huge increase in the amount of abortions done illegally.

You know who has the most abortions in the USA? Teenage CHRISTIAN girls.

Conservatives may be celebrating, but this is about to cost the State a ton on money that they don't have.

Unless pp was the only source of condoms, and the only abortion provider ( can't imagine the only place dealing with women's health) not sure it will get that bad. Guess if this stands then we will see. I mean they arent shutting them down, not funding them with state funds
edit on 19-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

link   

very few clinics took part in the fetal donations, I don't believe any in texas did....
the one company that those videos featured, stem express, well on one video they boosted in having suppliers of the fetal tissues that numbered in the triple digits....and yet, in all there was less than 10 planned parenthood clinics that were donating tissue to anyone, and one of those was donating it to a university, free of charge...
so, my question to you is.... who were the other 90+ clinics that are "harvesting fetal tissues and selling them". are they even looking into it and if they do find them, will there be as much outrage as there was over planned parenthood? or will they just kind of sweep them under the rug?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am also against abortions, this issue is about taking away women rights by people who fall for lies or are offended by something that does not affect them.

Did you have a point ?

well that's good to here...therefore all women, poor or middle class, should have affordable healthcare.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Did you have a point ?

well that's good to here...therefore all women, poor or middle class, should have affordable healthcare.

I was curios so I googled " free women's clinics Texas" don't think anyone is saying they can't have affordable care, more like the state won't fund pp. Time will tell

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

i am not christian, thanks for assuming,

and like i said if see chooses a back ally abortion by a non professional she knows the risks and should seek other means. its called personal responsibility, and every one has it, and shouldn't be able to sue because they decide not to use it.

but keep on using sensational arguments and implying false data see how far that gets you.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Again, they didnt take anything away, they just defunded it

They took it away from anyone using Medicaid.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

im sorry lol could you please provide the statistical facts on that?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No one has seen the unedited videos, they haven't been released yet, so nice try.
Other clinics take part in fetal research too.
Sorry to burst that bubble.

Wrong again, with every video that has been released the FULL LENGTH video was released

Again more proof you arent being objective, infact have you watched ANY of the videos?

So trial by the population huh...kangaroo courts are ok in this case I guess.
Forget the ACTUAL investigations that found no wrong doing.

Actually "No Taxation with out Representation", if the constituency in the state of Texas, wishes that its Tax dollars NOT go to funding them, then they have that right.......regardless of what YOUR opinion is

The spin here is the distortion of what is going on and demonizing PP because it is a political hot button. Screw the actual people it involves.

You mean the distortion like claiming what Texas is doing , is shutting PP down and no women in Texas will be able to get their care like they always have?

Please.....thats hypocritical rhetoric if ive ever heard it
edit on 10/19/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Those full lengths were still edited. I haven't bothered with the videos in a whIle, maybe they did give the unedited, but seem to recall only the investigations having those. Not sure if you care for the NLBS series but they did this exact issue and show that.

If I said they were shutting them down I was mistaken but don't think I did. What I have referenced is them using other clinics being available as a reason being said to shut them down. And have never said no women can get health care now.
I have asked what had been immoral and unethical, which you haven't addressed yet, then asked if what they were doing is then all clinics would have to be as well. Also going unaddressed.
edit on thMon, 19 Oct 2015 20:13:21 -0500America/Chicago1020152180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Those full lengths were still edited. I haven't bothered with the videos in a whIle, maybe they did give the unedited, but seem to recall only the investigations having those. Not sure if you care for the NLBS series but they did this exact issue and show that.

I did watch the NLBS

But ive also watched the videos in BOTH formats, most of them are over 2 hours long, and didnt see anything in there that was edited down, coerced, or shot to look one way..........this stuff was right out of their own mouths

So i dont buy all the other BS

I have asked what had been immoral and unethical, which you haven't addressed yet, then asked if what they were doing is then all clinics would have to be as well. Also going unaddressed.

actually I believe I addressed both, you may not have been satisfied with it but i answered it lol

edit to add, I find murdering children to be extremely immoral and unethical

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I've actually met a lot of young women who use abortion as a form of birth control, have had multiple abortions and have suffered no emotional/mental anguish not soul searching. being close to some and with them during the procedure as a supportive friend. to the point where they have no qualms about going through the procedure again and again.

i personally would never want to have an abortion, or be placed in a position where i feel i need one. i view women as the life giver and abortion doesn't line up with that.

my only issue with abortion is when it is used as a form of birth control instead of actual birth control. and i don't need to hear that (prescribed) birth controls are not readily available to them when there are many different types you can purchase otc without prescriptions that aren't just condoms.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Ok so you want all clinics and hospitals to have there funding taken because they offer abortions. Make sure to tell the rest of Texas, or is this just about PP because of some videos that experts have all said we're edited in both long and short versions.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: babybunnies

im sorry lol could you please provide the statistical facts on that?

More than seven in 10 U.S. women obtaining an abortion report a religious affiliation (37% protestant, 28% Catholic and 7% other), and 25% attend religious services at least once a month.[38] The abortion rate for protestant women is 15 per 1,000 women, while Catholic women have a slightly higher rate, 22 per 1,000.[32]

More than half of American women obtaining abortions are in their 20s.[32] Women aged 20–24 have the highest abortion rate of any age-group (40 abortions per 1,000 women).

www.guttmacher.org...

Not teenagers, but still pretty young.

edit on 19-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ok so you want all clinics and hospitals to have there funding taken because they offer abortions. Make sure to tell the rest of Texas, or is this just about PP because of some videos that experts have all said we're edited in both long and short versions.

more projection, I never said that.......would be nice if we could have a discussion without people putting words into other peoples mouths, or with out projecting claims that were never made.......

Typical progressive response

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You just used a historically pro abortion site to try and prove a point,

Thats like PP investigating their own entity, or me sourcing FOX news to prove that FOX news isnt bias

Some actual stats from non biased sources would be nice
edit on 10/19/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join