It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gives planned parenthood the middle finger.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jimmyx

if a woman dies from a botched back-alley abortion,

Then it is her fault because nobody forces anyone to get one and if it was a true emergency then go to a regular hospital.

geez, go back and do some research on the battles that took place over Roe v Wade....all this is old, debated over, and argued endlessly for years, before the supreme court ruled in favor of women's right to have an abortion. do you think this law was passed as a lark? or was easy and quick?.....women got pissed off at men for telling them what they could do, or could not do, inside their own body......
as far as a true emergency...do you think a 12-year old girl that got pregnant by her own father, should be held to the standard "that it is her own fault"?.....apparently to you, that would be consensual sex and not forced, that's pretty sick.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Nice try there peaches why not tell me what else I'm okay with.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

In a life and death situation they would but for no reason other then I don't want it well that's her problem no one else's.

So that means the state is entitled to make it as hard as possible to obtain something that "was her problem" (apparently to you, getting raped and getting an abortion from the pregnancy is "her problem")? You know if a state made it this hard to get a firearm, you'd never hear the end of it from the right wing.

Not to mention, now of those Medicaid funds that Texas just cut off from PP go to abortions anyways. They are literally doing the exact OPPOSITE of reducing abortions by making it harder for women to obtain birth control. Idiotic lawmakers...
edit on 19-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

A woman shouldn't be pushed to use a hospital in an emergency situation?

what regular hospital in Texas allows abortions?....name them please, or give us a list that is online.

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You and the other [SNIP] need to go back and show me where I was talking about rape.
How dare you and the other one try to put words in my mouth shame on you!

Ad hominem aside, this is what you said:
"In a life and death situation they would but for no reason other then I don't want it well that's her problem no one else's. "

So if a woman gets raped, gets pregnant, and then doesn't want the child, because it isn't life threatening according to YOUR logic its her problem and no one else's. Don't get mad at us for following YOUR logic to its inevitable conclusion.

If a woman is raped that would be considered an emergency but if a woman is getting one just because and chooses to go get one in some back alley shop then how is it the states fault?

Why should she be forced to choose to get one in a back alley shop when there are SUPPOSED to be clinics available to do it without using a shady method? That's why abortion was legalized, to make it safer for the woman.
edit on 19/10/15 by masqua because: Personal attack removed from quote

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Again I'm not even talking about rape but you know that.

Have a good day.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

True, but assuming Clinton is installed as Potus and then does her "thing", it might just be a lot more cost effective to push Texas out. Save billions on lawsuits and enforcement actions, monitoring and all that. And.....its a "final" solution. You should reconsider; do you want to see your tax dollars wasted fighting Texas? Far better for your tax dollars to stay home and go towards infrastructure!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

SNIP

so....you think all women get an abortion "just because"?...no mental anguish, no emotional scars, no soul searching....it's "just because"?
edit on 19/10/15 by masqua because: removed divisive comment

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If a woman has one because she didn't want one and I'm not talking rape or emergency life and death situation then I'm glad they feel regret they deserve it.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
and, in the meantime, the battle is still being waged in Louisiana....
ya know the state that thought women could visit their grandma at the nursing home and while there get a pap smear also!!

After hearing arguments Friday, US District Judge John deGravelles in Baton Rouge ruled in favor of Planned Parenthood’s request of a temporary restraining order that would ensure its livelihood beyond Monday’s funding cutoff date.

news.yahoo.com...

this is the second lawsuit against Louisiana because they tried to pull the funding from planned parenthood. the first time they were caught trying to claim that healthcare workers at nursing homes, plastic surgeons, ect could provide the same type of care planned parenthood did. when the judge challenged the list, they came back with a list I believe that was considerably smaller, under 300 providers I believe.
so well, after losing that case, they just went ahead and announced they were pulling the funding again, this time with a different justification....

many states have tried to get the funding pulled from planned parenthood since those stupid videos came out....as of yet, I don't think any have managed to win a court case though.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

some people just to mind their own business more and keep their nose out of other people's business...

emergency life or death??? what about if the women just doesn't want to grow blind, I don't know maybe she wants to see her living kids grow into adulthood and take care of them without the hassle of not being able to see that the kid just ran into a busy street!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow! Texas hates poor poeple.

In 2013, Texas barred Planned Parenthood from participating in the state’s Women's Health Program. The program served 30,000 fewer women after Planned Parenthood's exclusion, and the biggest drops in patients served occurred in areas where a Planned Parenthood clinic was forced to close.

This year, Texas went further, barring Planned Parenthood from providing services to low-income Texans who receive cancer screenings and treatment through the state’s Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings program.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 19-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Uh not sure what you are trying to say but if a woman doesn't want to get pregnant then there is a simple thing they can do and I'm sure your smart enough to know what that is at least I hope you do.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If a woman has one because she didn't want one and I'm not talking rape or emergency life and death situation then I'm glad they feel regret they deserve it.

Have a nice day.

well, you have a nice day, too...thanks....I haven't met a woman that had an abortion, that hasn't had that regret, no matter how long ago it was.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just my ever so humble opinion but...

... here in the second decade of the 21st century, birth control is NOT hard to get. Not at all.
My better half works for a national pharmacy and she tells me that even the 'morning after pill' flows out like water.
Unwanted pregnancy is not something that cannot be prevented and/or avoided.

Secondly, a human being is a human being inside the womb, out on the street or on the web...
... a HUMAN BEING. Killing them prior to birth is something that has no call... no need... except in cases of rape or incest.

Our reproductive systems are part of nature and here we are stuffing it down a toilet or selling it off. We are treating unborn human beings like they are inhuman.

You can believe in God, or god, or G-d or nothing at all but it does not change a doggone thing.
This culture has turned its back on its own kind so it can focus upon itself in the mirror via selfies.

Grow the heck up!

... k. I'm done.
Firing squad at dawn...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Have a nice day.

well, you have a nice day, too...thanks....I haven't met a woman that had an abortion, that hasn't had that regret, no matter how long ago it was.

I know LOTS of women who've had abortions and not of them regretted it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

www.feminist.org...

and what if the problem isn't evident till the pregnancy has occurred?
since there is only one thing that one could do and be 100% sure that a pregnancy doesn't happen is to not have sex, then I guess all the men out there wouldn't mind in the least if the women in their lives just decided that there will be no sex unless they both decide they want to have a child!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: dawnstar

Uh not sure what you are trying to say but if a woman doesn't want to get pregnant then there is a simple thing they can do and I'm sure your smart enough to know what that is at least I hope you do.

That's true and PP provides those birth control measures that women can use along with cancer and STD screenings. PP isn't just about abortions.

www.plannedparenthood.org...

Apparently Texas is against birth control as well.

edit on 19-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join