It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
1. When the inevitable occurs. 2. Of its occurrence, there is no denial. 3. Bringing low, raising high. 4. When the earth is shaken with a shock. 5. And the mountains are crushed and crumbled. 6. And they become scattered dust. 7. And you become three classes.
10. And the forerunners, the forerunners. 11. Those are the nearest. 12. In the Gardens of Bliss.13. A throng from the ancients. 14. And a small band from the latecomers. 15. On luxurious furnishings. 16. Reclining on them, facing one another. 17. Serving them will be immortalized youth. 18. With cups, pitchers, and sparkling drinks. 19. Causing them neither headache, nor intoxication. 20. And fruits of their choice. 21. And meat of birds that they may desire. 22. And lovely companions. 23. The likenesses of treasured pearls. 24. As a reward for what they used to do. 25. Therein they will hear no nonsense, and no accusations. 26. But only the greeting: “Peace, peace.”
27. And those on the Right—what of those on the Right? 28. In lush orchards. 29. And sweet-smelling plants. 30. And extended shade. 31. And outpouring water. 32. And abundant fruit. 33. Neither withheld nor forbidden. 34. And uplifted mattresses. 35. We have created them of special creation. 36. And made them virgins. 37. Tender and un-aging. 38. For those on the Right. 39. A throng from the ancients. 40. And a throng from the latecomers.
41. And those on the Left—what of those on the Left? 42. Amid searing wind and boiling water. 43. And a shadow of thick smoke. 44. Neither cool, nor refreshing. 45. They had lived before that in luxury.46. And they used to persist in immense wrongdoing. 47. And they used to say, “When we are dead and turned into dust and bones, are we to be resurrected? 48. And our ancient ancestors too?” 49. Say, “The first and the last. 50. Will be gathered for the appointment of a familiar Day.” 51. Then you, you misguided, who deny the truth. 52. Will be eating from the Tree of Bitterness. 53. Will be filling your bellies with it. 54. Will be drinking on top of it boilingwater. 55. Drinking like thirsty camels drink. 56. That is their hospitality on the Day of Retribution.
The term "Rapture" first became popular in the United States toward the end of the 19th century through the teachings on premillennialism and dipensationalism by John Nelson Darby, an Irish evangelist. The rapture theory continued to grow in popularity among evangelicals largely due to a preacher named William Eugene Blackstone (1841-1935). His book, Jesus is Coming, sold more than one million copies.
1. Rapture doctrine is one of the most recent "new doctrines" in the history of the Church. The only doctrine more recent is the invention of the sinner's prayer for salvation by Billy Sunday in 1930, which was made popular by Billy Graham in 1935. 2. The fact that John Nelson Darby invented the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine around 1830 AD is unquestionably true. All attempts to find evidence of this wild doctrine before 1830 have failed, with a single exception: Morgan Edwards wrote a short essay as a college paper for Bristol Baptist College in Bristol England in 1744 where he confused the second coming with the first resurrection of Revelation 20 and described a "pre-tribulation" rapture. However Edwards ideas, which he admitted were brand new and never before taught, had no influence in the modern population of the false doctrine. That prize to goes to Darby. 3. Prior to 1830, no church taught it in their creed, catechism or statement of faith.
originally posted by: Transparent
The Rapture: Fact Or Fiction?
originally posted by: namelesss
(You ain't asking me to mop up, are you?)
It isn't gravity, or co-valent bonds, holding things together in the Universe, it's IRONY! *__-
Origins: This inventive work of fiction was penned and released onto the Internet on 2 August 2001. It was written by Elroy Willis, proprietor of Religion in the News, a site that warns visitors what they're in for:
Some of these stories are really true.
See if you can figure out which ones they are.
some readers didn't manage to work out which were which, because this tale has washed up in our inbox numerous times since its debut.
In October 2001, the story was repeated in the pages of The Weekly World News, a tabloid whose stock in trade is sensationalistic fiction written up in the style of news accounts.
"This doctrine is not really found in the book of Revelation. If you read the book of Revelation, you won't find any mention of the rapture there," said William Craig, a Research Professor of Philosophy at Talbot School of Theology and Professor of Philosophy at Houston Baptist University.
Instead, Craig says, the idea of the rapture comes from a "misinterpretation of 1 and 2 Thessalonians where Paul is describing the coming of the Lord and resurrection of the dead, which will occur at His coming."
Read more at www.christianpost.com... 99
The idea that the godly would be “raptured,” or literally sucked into the air to meet Christ, was reportedly popularized by a dispensationalist British minister, John Nelson Darby, in the 1830s after a Scottish teenager had visions of Christ’s return.
Evangelical U.S. Christians learned about it from an early 20th century Bible, and the idea gained popularity among Christian fundamentalists here until it became a cultural touchstone.
One branch of Christian theology, dispensational premillennialism, holds that Christ will physically return to earth to sort the wicked from the godly before a tribulation, when anyone left behind will suffer various torments and plagues.
Prominent in this school of thought is Texan evangelical Hal Lindsey, whose literalist screed The Late, Great Planet Earth became a best seller in 1970, later spawning follow-ups Satan Is Alive and Well on Planet Earth and The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon (the latter of which sounds like a sketch featuring Dana Carvey’s “Church Lady” on Saturday Night Live). During the 2008 election, Lindsey wrote that Barack Obama was paving the way for the Antichrist.
20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.....I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
And for their saying, “We have killed
the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the Messenger of God.” In fact, they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but it appeared to them as if they did. Indeed, those who differ about him are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it,
except the following of assumptions. Certainly, they did not kill him.
1 Corinthians 15:50
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
Acts 7:59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
Mathew 16:28 And I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom."
Acts 7:55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”
You speak to the philosophy of man and not the Word which is the beginning and end of all philosophy. Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
6 Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and the others Pharisees, called out in the Sanhedrin, “My brothers, I am a Pharisee, descended from Pharisees. I stand on trial because of the hope of the resurrection of the dead.” 7 When he said this, a dispute broke out between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was divided. 8 (The Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, and that there are neither angels nor spirits, but the Pharisees believe all these things.)