The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
New DNA tests practised over particles of Polen that are taken by vacuuming some areas of the Shroud of Turin, one of the most interesting, intriguing
and controversial Historic objects ever existed, are revealing new aspects of its already mysterious History.
Based on these new results it is clear that the Shroud has something to do in its past with lands never before connected with the History of the
relic. Although the amount of particles carrying foreign dna material is severlal times smaller than the corresponding ones to eastern mediterranean
an and middle east, that were found since the 1980 testing, anyway they represent something absolutely unexpected.
The new analysis carried out by an interdisciplinary team of Università di Padova, di Padia and Perugia, shows dna from areas of Equatorial Africa,
the Indian Subcontinent, Far East and even the Americas.
According with these new results the Shroud apparently coudlnt be brought directly from Constantinople to France as many have claimed along years,
supposedly brought by the templairs.
Instead of that it seems more believable that the Shroud might have very different History:
The Hypotheses that can explain this new findings are not yet completely explored but here are at least some probably valid explanations:
1) The shroud was taken by the Apostles of Christ, then in some way Thomas, the skeptical apostle that was in doubt of the resurrection of Jesus for
a while if you recall the gospel, took it, something that could happened at some point of the collapse of the Jewish nation under the seige or Rome
either in 67 or 70 AD. He then traveled to India, or current Pakistan, where we know by sure he was in evangelical mission and possibly left it as
a legacy to the primitive Christian Church in that part of Asia.
2) During any of the wars that were part of the the gradual retreat of the Bizantine Empire under the expansion of Islam to the west might be sent
possibly to Pakistan or India, then possibly kept there for some time by the Christian Communities founded the Apostol Thomas. The presence of the
Shroud in that region could even been the origin of the legends of the supposed life of Christ in Kachmyr that backup a sanctuary that still exist
3) How the Shroud could come back again to Europe? well, it could be sent or brought back to Europe perhaps in an European Galeon coming from that
part of the world. In this case the most likely nationality perhaps was Portuguese, since they were the first Europeans to have colonies on that part
of the world and also were Catholics.
4) Nevertheless, an eventual cargo ship carrying the Shroud probable arrived to India in its route toward Europe as part of a longer trip around the
world that perhaps included the American Hemisphere. This intinerary was followed by Portuguese ships since the time of Sebastian of Magallanes, first
traveler to go around earth completely.
5) an Alternative way to explain the presence of polen from India, far east, Africa or the Americas in segments of the Shroud perhaps can be explained
by the repairs carried out by nuns in the relic with cottom fibers that were imported to Europe in XV or XVI century from America but must likely
using indirect navy routes that were comming through the far east and India to Europe.
6) Another alternative explanation of the so diverse plant polen found in the shroud could be the fact that copies of it were painted along centuries
and a lot of them were touched with the original to acquire supposed Holy blessing and power. Many of those copies could be made on canvasses
manufactored with materials imported to Europe from the most farthest parts of the world.
7) Hebrew people used to embalm corpses for ritual burial with species that were probably imported to Palestine from far countries, even in Times of
Christ, a combination of plants that help to preserve the body from putrefaction, mixed with Myrrh or Frankincensee. We know by sure that the Myrrh
used in the Holy land at that time was imported from areas of East Africa(Ethyopia, Somalia, etc) , and the Frankincense from India or Pakistan. So
the presence of this polen could instead to deny the authenticity of the shroud to give more support to it, depending of how old that polen could be.
8) Along many years different Historians have speculated on the possibility that the American Hemisphere was actually known by diverse peoples of the
old continent several centuries beforer Christopher Columbus. The presence of american Tobacco and Coca Leaves in Egyptian mummies have been
explained by possible merchant routes that ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians or Cartaginenses had from the Americas. Again depending of how old can be
dated the American polen could even support the authenticity of the Shroud, since plants of the Americas could be present in the embalming mixture
used in Palestine in Times of Christ too.
used American plants to embal Pharaos
The thread is of course open to the free discusion on this amazing topic, as always bounded by the rules of decorum and mutual respect in the written
communication that must prevail in the forum.
The Angel of Lightness
edit on 10/19/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)