It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in the event of a Zompocalypse...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's getting harder and harder to find strike-anywhere matches...

Another problem I thought about is even if you were able to crush and mix up your own crude black powder, how safe would it actually be for reloading? I thought reloading was as much science as art, and you can easily hurt/kill yourself if its done wrong -- hence the accurate scales and carefully labeled types of powder used?

Perfectly safe. You shouldn't shoot smokeless powder in a blackpowder firearm. The barrels aren't designed for the velocity and the chambers aren't designed for the several times more expansive nature of smokeless powder vs blackpowder. You can, however, shoot blackpowder in a modern cartridge with virtually no safety risks. The only issues you'll have a reduction in range and, especially in a semi-auto with a blowback gas mechanism, fouling. In other words, be prepared to field strip your AR often to clean the powder shmeg out of the receiver or deal with a lot of misfeeds.

Strike anywhere matches were just one way to make homemade primers, by the way. Plus you can make any match a strike anywhere simply by dipping them in phosphorus. How do you get phosphorus, you ask? Easy: boil human piss down to a syrup consistancy, then strain the reddish oil that forms on top of it. That oil is mostly phosphorus.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Please tell me you've actually tried that! LOL LOL

That has to smell awful...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This has turned out to be a lot of great information on this thread. I typically extract this info, rewrite it a bit just for readability, and add it to the three ring binder of laminated pages and maps marked "For When TSHTF"

<< 1  2   >>

join