It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook to warn users if government attacks their account?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sry if this has been posted I have not seen it.

Is Facebook actually going to warn users when the government hacks their account?

www.facebook.com...

The security of people's accounts is paramount at Facebook, which is why we constantly monitor for potentially malicious activity and offer many options to proactively secure your account. Starting today, we will notify you if we believe your account has been targeted or compromised by an attacker suspected of working on behalf of a nation-state. This is what the notification looks like on the desktop version of the Facebook website:

What the message will look like.

I know facebook has to have an agenda here right? Or are they just spitting in the face of government surveillance?

I will never have a Facebook account so wont affect me either way.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Its funny, I just googled this like I do whenever anyone says anything about Facebook "now doing _____"

I found items from all over the internet EXCEPT facebook.

I'm calling this false... but I admit I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wait, I thought facebook was cooperating with the government?

Oh, maybe they will tell you AFTER they have whatever they needed.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You don't think this is just a way to scare you into providing facebook with a list of all of your online devices?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It makes it easier to pin-point exactly who is using your account.

It's called evidence.

"We can tie your device to this location with a valid pin clearance, it was you who posted......"

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
they probably finished handing over everything so now they are trying to look all innocent

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It says on behalf of nation states, I interpreted this as though it could be any countries government. Lol watch next thing you know facebook will be alerting people China and Russia are targeting and hacking American Facebook accounts. Way to manipulate people if they go that route.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I'll post this on Farcebook and see how long it lasts

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I was never a huge fan of Facebook, hell it almost destroyed my life. Haven't been apart of that for a great while now and wont ever go back.

They bend and stretch for anyone who scares them into cooperation. Honestly if you're still using Facebook....you deserve what you get.

Doesn't surprise me needless to say.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Does that mean I can now troll my government and face book by creating fake accounts full of fake terrorists stuff so they waste there time trying to hack me?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azryael
hell it almost destroyed my life. .

In what way? Just curious.

I never had Facebook until after our son was born. Even then I use it just as a photo sharing service for immediate family.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sounds to me like what Gmail does when your account is logged in from a different location than usual.

Last time I traveled away from home and logged into my Gmail from a distant relatives computer, I later got a message stating someone accessed my account from ..... and it showed the province I was visiting.

If I recall it then suggests that if this wasn't you that you should change your password etc.. If it was you then do nothing.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Someone should catch the attention of the government via facebook and see if they get one of these.

They can pretend to protect your privacy, but it doesn't make it private.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
People stupid enough to use facebook deserve all they get.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

if you don't report back in 48 hours, i will assume the worst!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

This doesn't make much since. Sure someone could hack your FB. But what is private on FB?

The government doesn't need to hack your account. Any personal information they already have. If the government is using FB they are simply storing the information people are freely giving away.

Am I missing something?
edit on 19-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

Couldn't you say the same thing for anyone banking online, making purchases online or conducting any part of the their professional life on the interwebz?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not really, banking and shopping is mostly secure.Here's a funny video of Stewart Lee talking about Twitter.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Facebook they can have. Cut me off from ATS however ....

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Azryael
hell it almost destroyed my life. .

In what way? Just curious.

I never had Facebook until after our son was born. Even then I use it just as a photo sharing service for immediate family.

In the way that family rivalry if unchecked can cause many problems especially if your family is comprised of idiots...and sadly.....mine are the gold standard of idiots....i'm thinking maybe i was adopted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join