It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping UFO's Secret: Is it Possible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just some time ago there were threads about the existence of 'SPACE COMMAND' and a couple months ago they came out in 60 mins.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Now defunct:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Cosmic911

So what are the chances that Earth has been visited, even been crashed up, left debris, been collected, reverse-engineered and applied to our technology,

Considering aircraft still use carbon based fuels, no reverse engineered alien technology has been used.

The reason being, there isn't any.

There were some aircraft that were nuclear powered - the nuclear reactor was used to heat up the air inside the air intakes, no carbon required. The aircraft could in theory fly for months if not years. But the only downside was the chance of a crash.

www.radiationworks.com...

thoriumsingapore.com...:a-brief-history-of-the-liquid-fluoride-reactor&catid=35:developeme nt-of-nuclear-energy&Itemid=57

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My thought is that the bigger something is, the harder it is to keep secret. And in my mind, the verified existence of beings/intelligences from another planet (or time) seems like possibly the biggest thing ever and therefore impossible to keep secret.

But, taking another tack, one of the easiest things to keep secret is ignorance. So we get nice clear sightings, with crystal-clear photos, and maybe even some pieces of material -- but even with this we don't know what the hell they are or mean. We don't have a clue. So the general consensus for people who aren't in the know is that it's "aliens" or "time travelers" or things from "other dimensions." But realistically, they're just enigmas. That would probably limit the total number of people involved with studying these puzzles, and reduce the chances of somebody spilling the beans.

Additionally, if there is some kind of direct action taken by the aliens or time travelers to keep the stuff secret (or at least harmless), that may also be a factor. Going back into the timeline and wiping a whistleblower out of existence before they have a chance to blow their whistle might be pretty effective. That kind of thing might leave a few residual memories of "a guy who knew a guy," but nothing tangible. Kind of like the situation now.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

One would also need to consider the disposition of the aliens. Why would they agree not to publicize their presence just because some petty government wanted them kept secret?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
No man...if there is such a tech...they would never use it to improve public domain tech. It wouldn't make sense.

I don't know. Except for stuff that was insanely impractical or only marginally effective, has there ever been anything fully developed as a weapon or weapons system that hasn't been used in combat? But Velcro and night vision aside, have they ever actively used any tiny bit of what might be considered "alien" technology?

Like I said, unless it's "useless," the military seems to want to use it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I definitely think you are on to something. The government uses thousands and thousands of contractors, and unless the company is put out in the media for some reason the mass public usually does not have knowledge of the company. It is also harder to get FOIA documents pertaining to these companies.

What better place to hide something?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
One would also need to consider the disposition of the aliens. Why would they agree not to publicize their presence just because some petty government wanted them kept secret?

That brings me back to time travelers. Aliens? Well, I can't imagine that an alien would give two craps whether or not some piddling government wanted to keep them a secret. They would presumably have all the power, and couldn't be stopped if they decided to fly huge saucers over all the major cities on the planet.

Time travelers, on the other hand, might have a lot more to lose. Like their future, for instance. It might be of mutual benefit to both the time travelers and the current government to keep them a nice, tight secret in order to allow the timeline to play out in such away that it doesn't damage or radically alter the future to such an extent that everything vanishes into non-existence and we're back to living in Nazi America.

I can see time travelers as being much more motivated to keeping the UFO answer a secret than aliens.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

But Velcro and night vision aside, have they ever actively used any tiny bit of what might be considered "alien" technology?

" Night Vision " has been around since 1929 when it was first used by The British Air Ministry.

You can knock that off the list of " Alien Technology "

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
"Night Vision " has been around since 1929 when it was first used by The British Air Ministry.
You can knock that off the list of " Alien Technology "

Just my point. I can't think of anything the military has ever used that can't be traced back to a relatively long history of research and development by plain old ordinary eggheads at Hughes Aircraft or some other military R&D firm.

Are they keeping it in their back pocket for some ultimate emergency, like when the missiles start flying? That seems like a bad strategy.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: maximoilm

I'm flattered to receive your first reply.

Anyway, maybe I am taking the question to literally, but the fact that we are here discussing it, and the world as a collective is not ignorant to the fact. Says to me that the answer is no.

Am I to understand the point of this thread is hypothetical? Could it be possible to have done better at hiding it?

Just because there are things going on the public doesnt know about, doesn't mean they successfully hid everything else just as well.

As for my "ignoring of the astronauts... military personnel who have come forward." I consider them the "unsilenced government officials." I spoke of.
edit on 19-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2015 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
No man...if there is such a tech...they would never use it to improve public domain tech. It wouldn't make sense.

I don't know. Except for stuff that was insanely impractical or only marginally effective, has there ever been anything fully developed as a weapon or weapons system that hasn't been used in combat? But Velcro and night vision aside, have they ever actively used any tiny bit of what might be considered "alien" technology?

Like I said, unless it's "useless," the military seems to want to use it.

but this is all...human tech...no significant advantage. If military devised a way to make a soldier invisible...or teleport...you can be sure...nobody would know about it...but a select few. Inventing new body armour or a new type of gun is nothing in comparison to possibility of traveling the stars in one's lifetime. The only way of keeping the advantage...is for the other side to not know about it. If you announce to the world that we have achieved invisibility or that we can travel to other galaxies...how long could you keep this tech from being stolen..misused ? And we know...there is the "other side". Humanity with all its shortcomings...is simply not ready to obtain such awesome power.

Somehow...I figure...if there is such a thing as reversed alien tech...holders of this tech would keep this a secret as long as possible. Kill to keep it a secret...hide, lie...whatever is necessary. It seems so logical from where I stand.

This all doesn't mean we (somebody) has it...but if we did...you can be sure it will be kept far far away from public eye. Never admitted.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hmmm is it possible to keep a secret about U F O i think YES and why do i say yes well we have area 51 and can we go inside and have a look NO .............. but you can say well we have wistle blowers that tell us all we need to no but how do we no that wistle blowers are true in what they are talking about ..........and then you have the good old you tube with the videos and the pics which always get found out to be not 100% true in what we see or watch on you tube ..................

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
a reply to: Cosmic911
the fact of the matter is that Roswell was an Airforce operation that was lied about to the general public in order to keep their "secrets" which was nothing more than studying Nazi engineering. Wouldn't want the public to know we got all this technology from the enemy now would we?

What is the easiest thing to dissuade a populous with? Aliens.

Wouldn't that require this to have been kept a secret and no whistle-blowers have come forward so surely that can't be right either? Not everything secret comes out in the open. Besides what if the governments of the world aren't in contact with them and the only ones trying to harbour the secret are the occupants of the craft themselves?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Secret? No.

When word of the president gettting caught having "relations" with a woman in the white house...
I honestly dont think anything can truly be kept secret.
One person always tells another person.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
"Keeping UFO's Secret: Is it Possible?"

Some secrets, yes, of course it is possible, probable, and worth the investment in time, energy, money.

"Keeping UFO's Secret: Is it Possible?"

Some secrets, no, it is not possible, should some holders of the secret choose to reveal the secret (such as with death-bed confessions (e.g., Corso), whistle-blowers (e.g. Lazar), diligent researchers (e.g., Freidman), or the Aliens themselves (e.g., ^1/[3#↔@~=*⌡ô☼↑).

edit on 10/19/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I take it you have zero belief in intelligent lifeforms elsewhere having visted and/or comingled here on Earth?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

They wanted something and we wanted something. That's called a deal. Happens everday between myself and my animals. They want attention, food, water, exercise and I want them well behaved and happy and healthy. Though never deprived of food and water, they KNOW when they have broken their end of the deal.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They did a good jobs of keeping the various stealth fighters and bombers secret, as well as the U-2 spy planes.

www.urbanghostsmedia.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Might want to check out the new Tom Hanks movie.

Also the Cold War era was quite different. People didn't consider leakers and whistleblower heroes, nor did they have the instant access to information that we do. No 24 hour news cycle... no Twitter... no Facebook. They also had a different level of trust in the government. An environment more conducive to secrecy.

edit on 19-10-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join