It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian companies spent $1.7 billion to buy up 16 US companies this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This year Indian companies bought 16 US companies mostly Pharmas and spent 1.7 billion while doing that. China and more recently India has started this trend. Largest targets of Indian companies are US, UK then EU countries.

Due to sheer population size, Indian companies are quite rich thus allowing them to venture out and buying up Western companies and opening green field one in African nations.

India has been ranked among top 10 acquirers in the US market this year with 16 deals valued at $1.7 billion, according to a report by Baker & McKenzie. A majority of these deals was in the pharmaceuticals sector, with six transactions totalling $1.5 billion, as Indian companies seek to increase their scale in the US generics market, the report said. "Indian companies (particularly in the pharmaceutical sector) have been on an acquisition spree and I think this trend will continue in the near term given the low valuation and the need for Indian companies to increase their scale to compete in the increasingly competitive generic markets, as well to dip their toes into the innovator side of the business," said Ashok Lalwani, global head of Baker & McKenzie's India practice.

Moreover:

Globally, overall deal activity in the year-to-date is already at $2.91 trillion, well ahead of last year's pace and cross-border transactions have so far totalled $1.05 trillion.

Indian companies aquisition of US ones itself accounts for more than half of the global deals till date this year. I can only guess that in the future it will be far more.

Link
edit on 19/10/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Cool. Maybe they'll start hiring US workers as H1-B's, lol

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Cool. Maybe they'll start hiring US workers as H1-B's, lol

Things are not bad, take a look:

Indian companies invested $15 billion, created 91,000 jobs in United States

Indian IT companies paid $ 22 billion in US taxes over five years

US benefits hugely from Indian IT firms: Nasscom

India-based IT companies support more than 411,000 jobs in the US

India-based information technology companies providing services to American businesses and other customers invested more than $2 billion in 2011-2013; paid $22.5 billion in taxes to the U.S. Treasury in those years; and today support more than direct and indirect 411,000 jobs in the US – including 300,000 held by U.S. citizens

These links only talk about IT, but most recent aquisitions are in the Pharmaceutical sectors. In business everyone benefits.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

In business everyone benefits.

Seriously, you buy into this propagands? China continues to hack us, so I guess they benefit.

Where are these 411,000 jobs created this year? Not in my city, county, or State.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

In business everyone benefits.

Seriously, you buy into this propagands? China continues to hack us, so I guess they benefit.
Where are these 411,000 jobs created this year? Not in my city, county, or State.

When is hacking=business? Fair business is truely beneficial.

Regarding the jobs:

India-based information technology companies providing services to American businesses and other customers invested more than $2 billion in 2011-2013; paid $22.5 billion in taxes to the U.S. Treasury in those years; and today support more than direct and indirect 411,000 jobs in the US – including 300,000 held by U.S. citizens

Thats from the link you spoke about.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We're morons.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hacking is BIG business!

I didn't speak about a link and you didn't answer my question....WHERE are these jobs held by American citizens? So the 411,000 jobs are not new US jobs this year? Are those jobd here in the US or abroad by US citizens? Also, if they paid $22.5 billion taxes in the years 2011-2013, what have they paid in taxes to the US Treasury in 2014, 2015?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Hacking is BIG business!

I didn't speak about a link and you didn't answer my question....WHERE are these jobs held by American citizens? So the 411,000 jobs are not new US jobs this year? Are those jobd here in the US or abroad by US citizens? Also, if they paid $22.5 billion taxes in the years 2011-2013, what have they paid in taxes to the US Treasury in 2014, 2015?

I am sorry, that data is not yet out. Links are new, data is a bit old. During the 2011-2013 I remember the Indian economic growth was very low, but starting 2014 growth picked up to 7-7.5%. Economic activity therefore has picked up, which includes Indian companies abroad as we can see with these increases in foreign acquisitions by Indian companies. So I am guessing the taxes paid to the US treasury this year and last will far surpass the amount paid in 2013.

Regarding the jobs, I am guessing most are in IT sector in silicon valley and most filled by US workers as the link says. And lately with Indian companies buying up US pharma companies and expanding them, hopefully will increase jobs in that sector.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And the majority of Americans think that Russia wants to wage war against them to take over their country. I've said it before and I'll say it again(the same goes for those in the UK that think Trident is the answer) "If Russia or any other large country want America or the UK they just have to but it".
No wars, no Armageddon, no armies boots on the ground, just simply buy it piece by piece. If you haven't learnt that lesson by now I seriously think you aught to go back to school.
Take the UK as an example, the majority of our gas (which we are wholly dependant on) comes from Russia. If Russia were to turn off the gas there would be thousands of deaths. Now that's why Cameron can't shout to loud about the Russians in Syria because the threat is always hanging over our heads. So what do we do to short cut this? We invite the Chinese to run our nuclear industry.
You couldn't make it up.

top topics

join