It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By being anti Russia, people are pro ISIS in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
>SNIP<
Do people understand that by being Anti Russia in Syria, they are being pro ISIS.

There is tons of evidence by now that no real rebels exist, US spent 500 mil to train 5-6 guys. Everything EVERYTHING went to ISIS directly and indirectly.

Being pro US military in Middle East and pro NATO means exactly what it means

blood of innocent men women and children mean something to me that's for sure
edit on 10/19/2015 by yeahright because: Staff edit of off-topic commentary.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ScrewGmail

Neither are doing what they are doing for altruistic reasons. Both have something to gain or lose in this situation. The main thing is probably the gas pipeline to Europe. Russia wants to protect her monopoly. The US wants to topple Assad so that they can get a pipeline built through Syria to undercut Russia. There are no "Good Guys" in this situation. Tell me of a government nowadays that have the people's best interest in mind? The sooner we realize this the better.
edit on 19-10-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

I don't give a rats a** that Russia wants to keep their military base in Syria

They should have 1

USA has 30 in that area

Russia is killing US alliance created ISIS

The choice in morality here is clear.... At least to me

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

There is no morality in Government. Most politicians do not have a concept of that word. What do you expect? I'm not disagreeing with you that the US maybe supporting ISIS. But you are blind if you think Russia is fighting "ISIS" out of the kindness.
edit on 19-10-2015 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Russia is the bad guys cause all they care about is their vodka.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why does there have to be EXACTLY two sides to a conflict? Can't you be against both forces?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

There is no morality in Government. Most politicians do not have a concept of that word. What do you expect? I'm not disagreeing with you that the US maybe supporting ISIS. But you are blind if you think Russia is fighting "ISIS" out of the kindness.

Does really matter thebmotive?

A dead isis and stable syria a good thing no matter what.

Dont really care what Russia motives in Syria are as long as it doesnt directly threaten me in the UK. And if there motives what ever they are eliminate isis so much the better.

And if putin ends up to eyeballs in the ME then hopefully it will keep him out of trouble closer to me!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Why does there have to be EXACTLY two sides to a conflict? Can't you be against both forces?

Blame US propaganda media

Black and white thinking been one of there primary targets to get into the sheeples brains.

Remember a certain retard in chief speech? "Your either with us or against us".

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

What a load of rubbish, good to see our Russian fanboy is back!

There are dozens of belligerents in Syria, all with their own agendas.

Singling out just the U.S. and Russia is so, so small minded.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19/10/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I really don't mind a dead ISIS. I'm not cheering for any particular side. I just do not go into this thinking that either side is an altruist. None are. I prefer that the Arabs fight their own battles, those men that are running away should be armed and forced to go back to fight for their freedom. Freedom is not cheap where ever you may be.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Logical fallacy fail. If A = B, A does not necessarily = C by default.

Sorry dude, but there's plenty of reasons to not want Russia or anybody else in Syria that have nothing to do with ISIS. There's plenty of reasons to think the current gambit isn't the right one to deal with Syria.

Stop projecting your feelings.

Oh and ps I love the smack talking to the Mods. You sure showed them what's up dude.

edit on 19-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I think it is time people accept that it is past time for us to cut the umbilical cord with our governments.

Our governments will not, and unfortunately, can't do a darn thing for us anymore, except make our situations worse than they are. Our governments pander to the few, and the rest of us are nothing more than fodder.

All countries where built on the blood sweat and tears of the people. When times were lean you tighten your belt and you forged on. It is time for communities to rebuild themselves independent of the government and big business. Your main stays should be within your communities, networking and partnering with surrounding communities. Thisis a project you should have started several years ago, but it is not too late.

Am I saying you can't buy the products you love so much? No. In fact, you are going to have to continue to purchase many items for a while, until you establish yourselves. I would however suggest you be very selective and judicious about which companies you allow your dollars to support.

I am encouraging a back-up plan. When the shelves in your local mega stores go bare, what are you going to do? Run to government stations hoping for a stale peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Take a brief stroll through memory lane and check out a few old YouTube videos. Watch your amazing government in action during Katrina or any other major crisis event. Take a look at how the people in New Orleans fared.

Our government can't tie its own shoelaces; do you really think they are going to be able to help you if things get tough?

I have a handful of mottos that I try to live by. One that I hold close to the top is, "If you don't value yourself, and you are not willing to fight for yourself, why would anyone else consider you of value or worth fighting for? “

If we value our lives and our freedoms, than we have to do what we can to protect them. Winter is coming boys and girls. I strongly suggest that you choose to be an ant, and that you collect a lot of ants for support. You are going to need them, because the grasshoppers are not going to come gently knocking at your doors.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well considering that the effect of the Russian air campaign has been a retreat by rebel forces to ISIS near Aleppo because the Russians have been bombing rebels and not ISIS, one could argue the exact opposite. The Russians do not care about ISIS, they are not a target because the for the most part other rebels are in between Assad and ISIS. Russia wants to carve out a small ethnic enclave that Assad can defend and keep on buying Russian weapons. If that means ISIS takes out the other rebels because the Russians have bombed them they do not care. Anymore than they cared when the did not try and stop ISIS largest group of foreign volunteers from leaving Russia and joining up.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
"Propaganda: just when you think you have it all figured out, you couldn't be further from the truth" - me

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScrewGmail
There is tons of evidence by now that no real rebels exist,

Where?

There are lots of competing groups in the Syrian civil war, including moderate groups who are now being targeted by Russia because they are enemies of the Assad dictatorship.

It's a highly confused situation, but always good that people can simplify it to the extent you have!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Remember a certain retard in chief speech? "Your either with us or against us".
I think it was more along the lines that if you are not with us then you are with the terrorist . I think Putin has shown by the US's unwillingness to work with them and the knowledge that the US is supplying the terrorist , the US is playing the exceptional hypocrite ,if not the main party to this whole messy war .

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I agree with OP wholeheartedly. Get rid of IS & and other terrorists from syria & the world if possible.
From what I gather certain western govs don't want assad there because he refused a pipeline to supply the EU gas (I think).
Russia is protecting their base & economic interests & were invited.
So where does all the civil war & rebel groups stuff come from?
Western govs & their media?
Syrian twitter?
Where?
A lot on ATS (& MSM) about rebels & anti assad groups being funded by the US.
What is fact & what is fiction?
Someone please explain/prove either or both or any of it FFS.
Please.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto

Covert operations always have a element of plausible denial to them . In the Syrian case it seems a covert CIA operation with US air cover and supply . I think it was 40 tons of arms that was dropped just recently , and the Kurds might have been the target for them but I haven't seen any confirmation yet . maybe someone else has ??

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Cheers for that.
But the Kurds aren't terrorists, are they?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I don't think this is about weapons. I think this is about the gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe. Weapon sales are just a sideline. Least thats my take on it. I think some of it outside of weapons is about terrorists coming back to their homelands,but the number 1 reason I would say is the pipeline.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join