It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counter-extremism: May targets 'all those who spread hate'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
All the announcement means is that existing laws will be used more because the government has been lacklustre in its performance and is trying to be seen as taking affirmative action. They are really planning then to use this example during the next General Election to persuade and gain more votes.

The home secretary has vowed to "systematically confront and challenge extremist ideology" as she detailed new curbs on those who "spread hate".

Also among the measures within the counter-extremism strategy are:

◾A full review of public institutions such as schools, further and higher education colleges, local authorities, the NHS and the civil service to ensure they are protected from entryism by extremists.

entryism; noun

the policy or practice of members of a particular political group joining an existing political party with the intention of changing its principles and policies, instead of forming a new party

◾An official investigation into the application of Sharia law in the UK

◾Extremism disruption orders to stop individuals engaging in extremist behaviour

◾Closure orders for law enforcement and local authorities to close down premises used to support extremism

◾Tougher powers for broadcasting regulator Ofcom so action can be taken against radio and television channels showing extremist content

◾Demands that internet service providers do more to remove extremist material and identify those responsible for it

BBC News

*italics are mine.

Read the official publication of the Counter Extremism Strategy. www.gov.uk...

edit on 19-10-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: grammer

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

An official investigation into the application of Sharia law in the UK

This sounds very suspect.

Our government should not entertain the idea of an investigation.

I wonder if Theresa May is a robot who does whatever she is told to with no independent thought.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Its the old "problem-reaction-solution" trick as espoused by David Icke (among others).
Let loads of people settle and allow them to ghetto-ise areas, hold up their backward culture as equal to the host culture.
Enforce a climate where they cannot be criticised. Watch things get out of control then sneak in some legislation purportedly to curb the worst excesses of this certain group, but in reality, make sure it is vague enough to be applied to anyone who may find themselves in conflict with a future government position.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

All of those bullet points sound pretty extreme to me.

Lock her up.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I hate Theresa May, extremely.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That's okay, extreme hate isn't illegal... Oh wait it is! ..... Good!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie... I bloody love you man. That cracked me up so hard, and yet I doubt there was even a hint of sarcasm abroad there!

Yes, the government, with Theresa "carbon copy of that arch bastard,Thatcher" May as their mouthpiece, want to classify more and more things as extremism. It is my suspicion that even membership of a website such as this, will one day render me not just a target for observation, but may even get us British members arrested.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
If it's happening to you folks in the UK. I know exactly where it's headed next.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
◾Tougher powers for broadcasting regulator Ofcom so action can be taken against radio and television channels showing extremist content

You will watch what they want you to watch, and listen only to what they want you to hear. The new "ministry of truth" is nearly upon us!

When corporate media lies all the time and so does the BBC, we need the independents to add balance and give differing viewpoints and more accurate analyses of events, not the government approved and concocted cover story or the corporate pulp. Of course, these will be the ones targeted to go first!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Evie...get my knives would you?
:roll
joke joke) I would make a meme of that woman and put her behind a podioum in front of flags saying peace through unity and strength bu t i think my first sentence works just as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
They just have such good excuses these days. How convenient for them, eh?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That sounds great, but out of the assault on extremism and the ideology of hatred, a new foe was born. This new foe takes their violent destructive behavior to a new level, cutting deeper, all without being hateful or extreme. They coast in smoothly like silent androids, then do their deeds without detection. We need to take our assault to a new level as well.
edit on 9-11-2015 by SurfinUSA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join